drycreek 17-Dec-17
Bob Hildenbrand 17-Dec-17
LKH 17-Dec-17
Fuzzy 18-Dec-17
Bowriter 18-Dec-17
17-Dec-17

Bowriter's embedded Photo
Bowriter's embedded Photo
Friend of mine killed a rather odd-antlered buck yesterday. Many years ago, TN stocked some blacktail deer. They all died of brain disease. But if I didn't know better, I'd say this one has some "off" DNA. Either way, I love a freakish rack. And yes, I know, it is gun kill.

17-Dec-17
that is a great deal, blacktail DNA and gun or not. very very nice.

17-Dec-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
Second year.....and last pic I had
Second year.....and last pic I had
John, what would you call this one ? Looks to me like he wanted to be a red stag.

17-Dec-17
That one looks like he walked right off the set of the Rudolf special!

Love that first one. I don’t obsess over “perfect” typicals and a lot of big non-typical are just a little too freakish to be attractive. But that one is just Too Cool.

Would be very cool to see the DNA report on that one....

17-Dec-17
GF, I saw that buck once in the near dark making a scrape or working one. That's the only time I ever saw him in person. I sure was hoping he would hang around another year but I never even got him on trail cams again. The thing is, that's only the second non-typical I've seen on my place in the nine years I've owned it. Who's yo daddy ? :-)

17-Dec-17
Bowsite?

17-Dec-17
Roe deer?????

18-Dec-17
Nice!

18-Dec-17
Bob, just ignore the gun and look at the animal. Or, scroll past the entire thread.

BTW- That is a whitetail, just has an odd rack. I would find it interesting even it was hit by a car.

• Sitka Gear