Bou'bound 17-Dec-17
White Falcon 17-Dec-17
keepemsharp 18-Dec-17
venison 18-Dec-17
stick n string 18-Dec-17
tobywon 20-Dec-17
stick n string 20-Dec-17
17-Dec-17
I'm mounting the turkey feet from my sons spring turkey and want to surprise him for Christmas. My question on finishing.....would you spray them with a clear coat, brush with clear fingernail polish, or would you just leave natural. Thanks.

17-Dec-17
Leave natural

17-Dec-17
Leave natural!

18-Dec-17
I tye them around a tennis ball and let them dry. Then put them on a old arrow shaft and you got a great back scratcher.

18-Dec-17
natural

18-Dec-17

stick n string's embedded Photo
stick n string's embedded Photo
I leave mine natural. I dont like the curled up toes look, so i will put them down on a piece of plywood like they are standing(when fresh) and run a drywall thru the ply into the bottom of the foot in the bigger ball part, angled up into leg. Sucks the foot tight to the ply, then let them dry like that. I like that look a little better for some reason.

20-Dec-17

tobywon's embedded Photo
tobywon's embedded Photo
Thanks for the input guys. Nice long hooks there on that bird stick. I wanted to keep the feet like the turkey was hanging and include his tag with it. I did separate the toes and straightened them out a bit so they weren't as curled. I'm really not big on keeping the feet on my birds but he wanted his. I also mounted the fan and beard for him.

20-Dec-17
Looks good, Im sure your boy will be surprised and happy on Christmas morning!

• Sitka Gear