Fuzz 18-Dec-17
DL 18-Dec-17
DanWesson357 18-Dec-17
newfi1946moose 18-Dec-17
Fuzzy 18-Dec-17
newfi1946moose 18-Dec-17
wild1 18-Dec-17
17-Dec-17
Thawed a nice moose steak last night and did up an old fashioned stew with the cubed meat. Dutch oven in the gas stove w/veggies. Meat (stew) is drop dead tender! What's on your table from this fall's hunt harvest?

17-Dec-17
Tag soup.... :-(

17-Dec-17
Moose chili a couple days ago .

17-Dec-17
Got some back strap thawing for tonight's supper. Last week, we ate deer taco salad Monday for supper, lunch on Tuesday and, Tuesday night supper. We eat canned deer meat for supper Wednesday, lunch for Thursday, and supper again for Thursday night. We eat a lot of deer. :^)

17-Dec-17
This past week we’ve had moose steaks, tacos, chilli and spaghetti all awesome!! Oh yeah and stir fry but honestly I’d prefer deer for that

17-Dec-17
Elk roast.

17-Dec-17
wild boar ham sandwich, cherry stollen and shot of Midnight moonshine.

17-Dec-17
We’ve been eating a lot of elk burger. Tacos, spaghetti, etc. finally got my wife on board with it. And we’ve been eating elk 2 or 3 nights a week

17-Dec-17
Bison burgers last night, and bison chili tomorrow. I have a feeling I’m going to be like Bubba from Bubba/Gump with all the different ways we are gonna have to make all this bison meat.

17-Dec-17
I am making moose flank Florentine for Christmas dinner

17-Dec-17
Elk last night. Moose, deer and woodland caribou between now and Christmas.

17-Dec-17
I have never had the opportunity to eat Moose. Great table fare I hear.

17-Dec-17
Deer chili. Bought 1/2 a grass fed steer back in the summer...insurance policy. lol

Still have a little bear meat in the freezer, too. I'm set. Had to give a box of meat to my brother so I could freeze my last doe. :)

17-Dec-17
This week I’ve had moose, elk, pronghorn and whitetail

17-Dec-17
whitetail doe back strap tonight

18-Dec-17

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Not-so-patiently waiting for it to rest....
Fuzz's embedded Photo
Not-so-patiently waiting for it to rest....
Tried something different last night. I took a chunk of deer loin and filleted it. Mixed 1 minced jalapeño and about a 1/4 cup fresh diced onion with half a stick of cream cheese. Spread this mix on loin, rolled it up and wrapped with bacon. Secured with toothpicks and grilled til bacon was crispy. It was awesone!

18-Dec-17
Desert Ram tenderloins the other night. Best game I’ve ever had.

18-Dec-17
Lots of Venison in a variety of ways from PA Whitetail. Ground meat makes tacos, Meatloaf, Hamburgers, Spaghetti Sauce, Chili, or Stuffed Peppers. Back Strap is almost always just a little Salt and pepper cooked Medium Rare on the Grill. Front Shoulder meat makes great Jerky. Got Roasts and Shanks to do some new ways of cooking the meat. If the heart is not destroyed, I make an EXCELLENT vegetable Heart Soup. Haven't bought beef in about a decade.

18-Dec-17
Great, guys!!! Keep the info coming...I have a freezer full of moose! Have not bought beef over the last 9 years and the guests (+wife) noted the stew was flipping good. Now...next question...What might you wash such goodies down with? Returning from Canada last fall I brought with me 8 cases of Molson XXX. 7.3% and smooth! Next up is a roast with the XXX in the slow cooker.

18-Dec-17
Newfoundland moose from last fall, Newfoundland bear from 2015, deer from last fall, squirrel from this fall and last fall, wild boar from last winter. I haven't hunted much this year.

18-Dec-17
Same here, Fuzzy. Nice deer just behind my house along with some nice squirrels. Took out my .17HM2 yesterday and am going to put a couple of the large reds here in the slow cooker. Have been spoiled by hunting in NL!

18-Dec-17
Killed a very tasty black bear this fall, the ground meat is great in tacos, chili, burritos...... Bear meatballs on tap for part of the upcoming Christmas lunch/dinner.

• Sitka Gear