Hh76 18-Dec-17
orionsbrother 18-Dec-17
WV Mountaineer 18-Dec-17
PECO 18-Dec-17
MathewsMan 18-Dec-17
17-Dec-17

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
orionsbrother's embedded Photo
This is the haul from my eight year old's bed, nightstand and under-bed drawers. Like a little hoarder. All stashed. All with dead batteries. My two Black Diamond headlamps that I received as gifts are still MIA. The little cat burglar can find them anywhere I put them.

17-Dec-17
Well you do now. Merry Christmas.

17-Dec-17
You need to learn to hide your stuff better. Or put your stuff into places your kid cant get into.

17-Dec-17
Damn... LOL... Im not the only one.. Anytime I can't find something, all I have to do is take a tour around my boys bedroom. I even find stuff that I didnt know is missing yet.....

17-Dec-17
For me it's tools. But my kid is 18.

17-Dec-17
The problem with hiding headlamps in really secure spots or locking them up... is that they aren't accessible when you need them. The ones stored in my packs were liberated too, not just the decoy or sacrificial ones. They were cached between the box spring and the frame. Like a squirrel stashing acorns. My wife didn't even notice them when stripping beds and remaking them.

17-Dec-17
One of my daughters brought back 2 or 3 mag lights of mine she had "borrowed". She's 27. ;)

17-Dec-17

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo

17-Dec-17

Fuzz's embedded Photo
Fuzz's embedded Photo

18-Dec-17
Lol, reminds me of my 3 year old moving my tools all around in my garage. I couldn’t find the Allen wrenches for my bow for like 3 months... just found them dropped into an unfinished wall. He currently has my unused grunt calls all over our house lol

18-Dec-17
When my son was growing up I usually bought (2) of everything. Never had the “missing” stuff problem. Funny!

18-Dec-17
When my son was small had to put doors on tool cabinet and latches up high. Now, I go to his place to fix stuff.

18-Dec-17
Ha!! I've got three Ace. I used to score big points with my wife when all three were running around the house with grunt calls, fawn bleats and cow calls. I'm smiling just thinking about it. Heck, I'd share that memory with my wife, but she'd probably hit me. :>)

18-Dec-17
I have to initiate a forensic investigation to ever find a face mask or gloves. Gloves especially.

18-Dec-17
This thread is so validating for me! Orionsbro, I can so relate to this!

18-Dec-17
Funny, this is the reason I just bought my two year old his own headlamp for Christmas. Glad to know it's not just my house that's crazy....

18-Dec-17
Oh man-I have to hide my stuff DEEP in my packs or lock it in my truck! HAHA-glad I'm not the only one.

18-Dec-17
I found one of my flashlights under my 6yr old's bed. I asked, somewhat angrily, "why is my light under your bed?"

His answer: that's where it's dark.

18-Dec-17
I tried that Vids, but apparently when the batteries die... if you're a kid, you just find another headlamp instead of finding new batteries. They're all getting beanies for Christmas. That's another fascination and relocation item. They seem to leave their compasses in their pack pockets now.

Since you've got a little one, take a look at UV Paqlites. We've gotten a lot of mileage out of those with our kids.

18-Dec-17
I’m pushing mid 40’s. I have an identical twin brother. That’s where most of my hunting stuff goes missing now. It cracks me up. I’ll write some new gloves or a new piece of hunting clothing and, my brother ends up asking me if it’s his. EVERY single time. He says he bought it but can’t find it now. Etc.... it’s a running joke in our hunting group.

Before that it was tools with my step sons. Both are on their own now. And both still borrows stuff. But, most of the time I threaten them enough they do bring it back now.

Rick, just wait till they start hunting with you. :^)

18-Dec-17
I don't have any kids, and had to google "Zebralight." I may have to get myself one!

18-Dec-17
My son is at the age where I get requests for Christmas like; I need a 80MM Turbo upgrade, or a conversion to E85, how about some 9.5" racing rims... Nothing is reasonable, or that will keep his Mitsubishi Evo IX under 170Mph in 1/2 mile run...

• Sitka Gear