HDE 26-Dec-17
ElkNut1 26-Dec-17
Double Creek 01-Jan-18
Riplip 07-Jan-18
Busta'Ribs 07-Jan-18
loopmtz 07-Jan-18
19-Dec-17

Bowboy's Link
Though you guys might like watching this video.

19-Dec-17
??????????????Seth Rogan? That made my day....

19-Dec-17
Maybe it’s just me and maybe I’m the jealous type but the born and raise videos are way more appealing to me than that.

19-Dec-17
Very nice, high quality footage, thanks for posting that.

19-Dec-17
Yeah, i dont think seth rogan is goin huntin.... and if someone can get him to go, make sure u leave him there....

19-Dec-17
Man you got me into bowhunting and it changed my life!! Joe Rogan.

That is what it’s all about. You can kill all You want. But introducing someone new to hunting takes the cake!! Hunt

19-Dec-17
nice video of a "well managed" elk herd, as Mr. Hanes points out.

20-Dec-17
I agree, the born and raised videos are much better. They'll never get as many view though, they just don't have the celebrity draw. I was listening to Joe Rogan podcast after this hunt, he was interviewing Cam. They went on and on about how hard bowhunting is. Cam said "I worry every year that this will be the year that I don't kill anything with my bow and my family will have to buy meat at a store. Does Cam even hunt any public d anymore. I really don't care how anyone hunts, but it irks me when dudes pretend to be the great white hunter but really they're hunting low pressure managed private ranches.

20-Dec-17
Just reread what I posted, and it sounds a little harsh. I do appreciate what both Cam and Joe have done and are doing for archery and bowhunting. It's not the kind of hunting I do, but I'm sure it's fun.

20-Dec-17
I follow Cam on social media but when it comes to watching hunting videos, I much prefer the public land hunts. Especially the public land hunts done on otc or gen tags.

Can't imagine being in the middle of that rut fest with all those big bulls. Bet it was a blast.

20-Dec-17
I subscribed to the born and raised guys before they ever had 1000 followers. I like them. I liked this one too. Just as well because it showed two good friends and hunting buds, hunting.

As far as subscriptions the bro channel has about 55,000 more than the ridge reaper channel. So, I’m not real sure where that’s coming from Griz. And they’ve gotten most of those subscriptions in the last 45 days. So, there are plenty that like the way they do things better. A bunch more. Like three times more.

I’d rather watch it done on public land too. But, cam has killed a bunch there. He’s just elevated his brand to where people want him to hunt their place. The BRO guys will be going the same thing in a couple years too.

God Blesd men

20-Dec-17
I believe Cameron just killed a good bull in Oregon public land this year. It's a great video, celebrities or not and they are great for our sport. I dont think there are many out there that work harder at being a bow elk hunter than Cameron Hanes. I do think there are better elk and deer hunters right here on this site. They inspire and impress me more then Cameron Hanes does however bowsite is the only place you will see them. Great video, well done. Yup im a fan.

20-Dec-17

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Hey, Cam....let's go elk huntin'!

20-Dec-17
"You getting me into bowhunting, changed my life"

Hard to not appreciate that statement

20-Dec-17
Randy Newberg didn’t go private as he got more popular. I think that’s the downfall of a lot of “celebrity” hunters and it seems like it’s continuing to go that direction. I can’t even watch the primos guys anymore. They seem like good guys and all but watching them blue the blue reed and 15 bulls light up in every direction and come running just doesn’t do it for me...maybe others are different.

20-Dec-17
Everyone of us has the exact same opportunity to hunt wherever we aspire to hunt. It’s always priorities, persistence and perseverance that makes it happen or not happen. Great videography! That is really hard to do and in my opinion the video guys are the special talent. It makes me want to go elk hunting which is the goal! Thanks for posting.

20-Dec-17
I completely agree Ucsdryder

20-Dec-17
Nice video

20-Dec-17
The amount of people that Joe Rogan has inspired to hunt through his podcast based off of his growing relationship with Cam and others in the industry is astonishing. Good on him, good on Cam, and good on everyone else that sheds a positive light on hunting. I don't care where they hunt but I can assure you that if you stuck Cam on public land somewhere, he'd still come out on top. Don't be a hater... We are all on the same team!

20-Dec-17
WV, BRO youtube channel only has 33,000 subscribers not sure what you are looking at. What I was referring to is the 20,000 views the BRO videos get versus the almost 350,000 views this one has already gotten.

20-Dec-17
Great video...Nick Muche is spot on...both of those guys shed positive light on hunting

20-Dec-17
Excellent videography, tastefully done, quality production.

I'm with Nick as well, good on these guys, and if they can reach ten times the audience of their peers, I'm all for it.

20-Dec-17
Yes, they do shed a positive light on hunting, But It's Cam's whole I'm a bad ass backcountry beast hunter, except I only hunting on private game farms now routine that has turned so many off to him. In other areas, it would be referred to as a "sell out".

He's a great hunter, but he sold out to make sure he can always get a nice pretty harvest picture for his social media followers, rather than grinding it out in the mountains. That might be good for his sponsors and the hunting industry, but it get's zero respect from the guys that really do grind it out in the backcountry.

I personally have no interest watching guys take animals on private ranches. There are a lot of other guys I'll watch on public land even if they don't get a kill shot. To me it's the adventure that is interesting. Not some dude rolling out of his bunk house to take the Ranger up above the pasture full of elk.

20-Dec-17
"Everyone of us has the exact same opportunity to hunt wherever we aspire to hunt."

I don't know know about that, don't know that I agree...

20-Dec-17
Nick X 100

We need to learn from the recent BC grizzly hunting ban and STICK TOGETHER.

No we are not going to agree on all facets of hunting 100%...that is a given.

However, in the end of the day we are all sportsmen and women that enjoy the great outdoors with our families and friends......that we can all agree on and stay focused on the big picture (and not get hung up on private vs public land hunting, guided vs non guided, bow vs rifle).

Mark

20-Dec-17
Great video !

20-Dec-17
Oh my God some of you guys here ........ sheesh....

Half the guys on the Bowsite travel every year to where the best hunting for whitetail deer is.... Iowa, Kansas, Illinois, etc. They pay outfitters to hunt some of the best deer hunting land in the country.... GOOD FOR THEM !!!!!!!

And GOOD FOR CAMERON HANES for hunting one of the best elk hunting areas in the world !! It's not high fenced, Right ??? So what if it's a private ranch and it costs a lot of money there........

Would you hunt there if you were invited ?? I sure as hell would !!!

20-Dec-17
That was an awesome hunt! Just wished the video would of been a little longer. I would like to see more for them two.

20-Dec-17
I don’t think anybody said there was anything wrong with it. Just stating that it’s not appealing to watch.

Not sure how it turned into a debate of whether we need to stick together as hunters or not Nick? Or that he was bad for hunting? Or that anybody disliked Cam Haynes? He is a hell of a hunter and I wouldn’t want him chasing me around!!!

If I was invited would I go? Sure! Do I enjoy watching him walk up to a bedded elk in a field using a “6” tree trunk” for cover, nope! Give me Randy Newberg or BRO any day.

20-Dec-17
Cam Hanes comes across as a little full of it at times with the shirtless pics and videos of him trying to pack out a buck on his shoulders... but it's hard for me to hate on a guy that came from nothing and cut his teeth on public land hunts. As a whole, I find his body of work inspirational and appreciate that he portrays hunting in a positive light. If I were in his shoes I would likely do the same thing in terms of hunting opportunities, hunt both public and private alike. Coming from Utah I would absolutely jump at the chance to hunt the Deseret as they did in this video, it'd be unreal. All of us here gather around for the love of the hunt, let's remember that.

20-Dec-17
Not only has he promoted hunting, he was really the first guy to promote the extreme fitness movement. Certainly inspired me. He's got a lot to be proud of and I support him 100%.

But like a lot of guys, I'd rather watch the hunts he used to do before the private/guided stuff. The BRO guys are doing the same public land hunts most of us do. And they promote it well telling viewers to "buy tags, not equipment.", "get out here and do this!" , "use your public land!". Same with Randy. I much more enjoy watching those hunts....kill or no kill.

20-Dec-17

Bullhound's embedded Photo
I sure don't have a problem with these guys getting to hunt these managed ranches. It was simply pointed out and it is not unreasonable to identify that hunting this type of scenario is a lot different than hunting, say, national forest.

these are just a couple of pictures of a spot we call the nursery. this is one spot on a chunk of 2500 acres we have. Elk are there pretty much year around. Bulls come and go but there are always bulls to hunt in September if I wanted to. I DO NOT do my elk hunting on this property as it just isn't really elk hunting "to me". That isn't to say that there is anything wrong with it, just doesn't really float my boat.

20-Dec-17

another pic of nursery

20-Dec-17
Zim, I was listening to kifarucast at the gym this morning. I believe Aron’s quote was “I see Cam’s nipples more than my wife’s.”

It was a joke and he said that he had nothing against cam and I believe he said he was a fan. So no Aron hate, I thought it was funny.

20-Dec-17
I really like this thread. I am from Roseberg Oregon. Both cam and " born and raised outdoors" are from this area of the state. I thought Cam was amazing, DYI, back country, the experience, and fitness. I have felt sort of let down by him since he changed directions ( have not seen or read anything from him in a couple years). I am glad to hear so many from Bowsite enjoy what the "born and raised outdoors" guys are doing. I thought maybe they were just of local interest.

20-Dec-17
Griz, you were right. Only 33000. 75000 for another hunting channel called Leatherwood outdoors. I got them Confused. Either way, with a viewer number of 350,000 people and only 24000 subcritions, it looks like most of what them both feels the same as you.

Nick,(Midwest) I think most of us feel the same. We simply aren’t expressing it well.

I also agree with the statement that Cam Haynes is gonna kill something where ever he hunts. Because he is driven to do it.

There is nothing wrong with hunting private ground either. If Cam was one of the redneck wonders on the TV, I could see it turning someone off. But, to do what he’s done, I don’t get the turning away from him part. Be happy for him. He no doubt earned it.

Charlie, that’s pretty far out there. Not everyone has the same opportunities. Too many variables. Living the dream is something only a small percentage get. Regardless of all other variables. It has to be that way or the dream would be reality for anyone who wanted it.

God Bless men

20-Dec-17
Ucsdryder, haha! I remember hearing that on Kifarucast too. I'm a huge fan of Snyder, he seems to really know his stuff and after buying one of the Kifaru packs this year I'll likely be a life long Kifaru proponent. It's a fantastic piece of equipment. No hate from me towards Cameron Hanes or Snyder, they are both at the top of their game in my opinion.

20-Dec-17
Been in the gym with Cam...... he never took his shirt off once no matter how many folks begged him..... =D

Cam is good for bowhunting and has been for many many years. He's MORE than paid his dues. I doubt anyone has worked harder at what he does and has done.

That said, I likes his early stuff better, really do enjoy the BRO type more, feel more of a connection to what they are doing. Yeah, private ranch would be nice. Looks like a blast. But I have no burning need to put stuff like that on my wall, much less my resume..... my burning need is to get out there myself on my terms and making my own decisions...... win or lose it just matters more to me.

BTW.... how many points does it take to draw that ranch anyway??? =D

20-Dec-17
Non residents can't draw a Cwmu in Utah.

20-Dec-17
But they can buy access by contacting the owner...

20-Dec-17
Jealousy is an ugly thing... I feel real sorry for the guys that possess that sickening allure to the things they were not able to sacrifice, save and plan to obtain themselves.

Cameron HANES (for all those that can't spell his last name, no worries, no one can pronounce mine correctly) has done more for the hunting community than most of us here on Bowsite could ever do, no matter how much we try. When I met him for the first time, he said "hey Nick"... Which was odd, but that's fine... He's a regular guy that has found a way to rise above the rest through his active approach to communicate his love of hunting through sound reason to the masses. How could anyone discredit him based on the locations he hunts?

Just two years ago, the year Roy Roth passed away... Cam came up to Alaska in the fall to hunt Moose in a well known area. They decided to hike into an area that most would never do, late in the season. He killed a bull, on public ground, with his bow. He has the drive that most could never realize.

The folks out there that want to bad mouth one of the best ambassadors to bowhunting we have right now should be ashamed.

Just my thoughts, and to be totally honest, I do not care what you think. I met Roy on several occasions and he was one of the best bowhunters than no one ever heard about. If he was cool with Cam, then so am I. Easy as that.

20-Dec-17
Nick, will you show us where someone “badmouthed one of the best ambassadors to bow hunting.”

Lots of people who mentioned they didn’t enjoy watching the type of hunting he was doing...2 very different things.

20-Dec-17
Being naive, Mr. Ucsdryder, is as unappealing as being jealous. For a person to judge another based solely on what they see in the "now" (Cam, like many of us, pounded public ground to hunt and was successful long before his current status) is an obvious attempt at "badmouthing" without doing so in a direct manner.

20-Dec-17
Once again you are making an attempt to skew what was said to push your agenda. I don’t think a person on this thread thinks Cameron HAINES has done the high dollar private ranch his entire life. I have watched a ton of his YouTube videos from back in the day when he “pounded the public land”.

Once again for those in the cheap seats, some people liked the video, some people, including myself, stated they weren’t a fan of it. There was one person on this thread that was making this into a debate about Cam and that was you.

It’s obvious you feel a strong need to defend the guy but there’s no reason to do so. Nobody has attempted to taint his accomplishments or character. I bet he very much appreciates your loyalty though!

20-Dec-17
I don't believe jealousy has anything to do with it. Some just flat out do not have the ability to hunt how they would like for whatever reason. Those that do, thank your lucky stars and good for you. Guaranteed, Mr. Haines has paid his dues to create the opportunities, but he was also fortunate to be in the right place and time to make it happen. He'll even tell you that.

I would never confuse nativity with jealousy. Ever. Not everyone follows the same people. First impressions and interpretation are all that matter...

20-Dec-17
I have no agenda, never have.

It does seem that a few believe he has only hunted the best places... Which is certainly not true, not even close.

It's kind of nice being me, Mr. Belching, the only loyalty I have is to my god, my country and my family. It's simple that way.

20-Dec-17
I didn’t enjoy the Cam video either, but I would like to hunt with him as long as he would wear a set of horse hobbles! I do, however, stay up to watch BRO every night. How do you pronounce that last name Nick? I’ve always wondered:)

20-Dec-17
Um....it's "Hanes".

20-Dec-17
Nick, I swear you said HAINES. Did you edit it after talking about our inability to spell it correctly?

20-Dec-17
Ucs, it seems that you have an ax to grind, 5 posts on this thread and some of them were comparing him to other people or other shows when all the original poster did was share an Elk hunting video... Do you have anything positive to add, if not, why not air it out and let us hear?

20-Dec-17
Nick, you have 5 posts on this thread as well. All of them telling people, mostly me, who stated that they weren’t a fan of the video that you felt sorry for them, that they were pitiful, jealous, and naive. Then you criticized me for spelling his name wrong, which you also spelled wrong but then edited it to the right spelling when you got called out. What were you saying about that axe again?

I don’t know him from Adam or you for that matter. I’m sorry that I gave my opinion of the video at the top of the thread. I should have known better because there’s always a leg humper out there that will get his feelers hurt.

Damnit, that’s post 6, but it will be my last on this thread. Good day sir!

20-Dec-17
Nick, nobody on this thread is badmouthing Cameron H. (afraid to spell it wrong). Get over your bromance or whatever the hell it is.

The comments were about types of hunts and types of areas that are hunted. Nothing wrong, hateful, or intimidating about any of the comments until you apparently felt a need to defend someone.

20-Dec-17
Ladies, Ladies... read my first post... then read the others after me that questioned what I had said which instigated the additional responses.

20-Dec-17
I don’t know Cam. Don’t this Seth guy either. Never seen any of Cam’s videos. Even the one above.

I do know there is a BIG difference in hunting elk on public land vs private.

I have seen a few videos of elk hunts on private land and they are mostly a yaawwnnn....

Also, I don’t think anyone has to ‘fall in line’ just because opinions differ.

‘Leg humper’. Funny! Definitely a few of those around on some threads.

20-Dec-17
+1 Mark Watkins

I'm pretty sure Cam could "run" down a private or public land bull and I feel bad for elk where ever he hunts;) Cool video.

21-Dec-17
Cool video. As far as Cam Hanes, he's killed a bunch of elk on public land and 1, 10, or 100 bulls off of private land isn't going to change that.

21-Dec-17
I would be way more interested if Cam took him on one of his Eagle Cap Wilderness hunts. Then we'll see how hard Rogan thinks bowhunting is.

21-Dec-17
Cool elk action, enjoyed the video! Been in a Rutfest like that on OTC DIY hunts & it is awesome!

ElkNut/Paul

21-Dec-17
I enjoyed the video, and no I will never be able to afford that type of hunt. But if I could, I would probably go just to experience it first hand.

I will say that Cam is an animal, an absolute machine! 99% of the guys on here couldn't keep up with him on their best day and him on his worst, and that definitely includes me.

I do see a lot of self righteous attitude about what some can and will do or can't or won't do. What does it really matter if you don't like the way someone does or doesn't hunt? Sometimes I think it looks petty and yes I think it makes you look jealous or spiteful.

BTW, it's Joe Rogan and he is a machine as well, he is a bad dude for sure! He has done other hunts with Cam as well, and I believe some public land hunts that were pretty tough. Seth is a comedian and a joke, Joe is definitely not!

21-Dec-17
Joe Rogan started out as a comedian and hosted the man show.....

More recently,, he's a color commentator for the UFC. I don't know if he does any mixed martial arts,, but like Cam.. he looks to be pretty ripped.... The physical fitness thing and MMA/UFC is probably where the 2 of them connected....

As for leg humpers... hell I'd hump Cam's leg if he took me hunting there...... I'd probably hump Nicks leg too if he took me hunting in Alaska...... haa !!!

21-Dec-17
^^^ BIG BEAR X2^^^^ He is actually an excellent martial artist, he is funny and a comedian, but he is definitely a bad A$$$! He has some stuff on YouTube, mixed martial arts and some serious kicking abilities.

21-Dec-17
The first thing I thought about when I watched the video was how great it is that Joe Rogan is involved. I am sure he has a lot of followers that are not hunters.

For him and Cam to be friends and share this hunt I think it helps hunting as a whole wether it’s on public or private.

If I remember right Joe hunted deer with Meateater a few years ago as well.

21-Dec-17
Good video. I especially like how straight the arrow flew.

21-Dec-17
I watched this one a few days ago. Rogan did some work on the meat eater show as well. Can't blame them for hunting private when underarmour paid the tab. I'd do the same if I could. Cam got where he is by being a hard SOB. Anyone who packs a moose 9 miles out in the Alaska range , runs 230 miles and still has a 9-5 job is a different level of human.

21-Dec-17
I enjoyed the video just like I do the BRO and primos vids.

I also Agree with nick, mark, and others..... who cares where a person hunts (private or public) or what kind of bow brand someone shoots (another example of oranges to apples) ... as long as a person is doing it one level to the next is great and no need for jealousy or negativity. Stay positive and #keephammering :-) Merry Christmas all!

21-Dec-17
I love BRO but I have seen public land hunting close to that in this video, for an evening. If BRO had been there instead of me it would have looked just like Cams video. ;) To bad I was there and screwed it up. Lol. In fact BRO’s first Colorado season had as much action with bigger bulls than those in this video, in an otc unit. BRO called in multiple 350+ bulls. One huge bull even stood there and watched Trent Fisher shadow shoot it and mock it while he stood bowless. I don’t remember anyone crying over that.

21-Dec-17
Backpack I was loving that also!! Well placed arrow out of a tuned bow in slow motion is poetry to watch!

26-Dec-17
" Leg humper" man that's old school good right there..

26-Dec-17
If that's a big Utah ranch with 8-10 year old bulls, and 100 elk screaming in a single basin, why'd they kill that one? Last day?

26-Dec-17
^^^ because it offered the best shot for both camera and hunter...?

26-Dec-17
As I stated earlier I enjoyed the footage, but they could have had a much better hunt if they didn't fear the use of a Bugle! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul

01-Jan-18
Rogan is exposing millions of people to hunting. His podcast consistently stays in the top 10 downloaded on ITunes. I believe I have heard him say he gets 10 millions downloads per month. That is the kind of exposure hunters need. You can thank Steve Rinella and Cam Hanes directly for this exposure, because they both reached out to Joe and got him into hunting and continue to fan that flame.

If you listed to the podcast related to the hunt being discussed above, it was paid for by Under Armor to make a short film for their advertising. Joe Rogan is a multi millionaire, I don't think you find many of those on OTC public units.

07-Jan-18
Anyone know what ranch or which outfitter they were with? The place looks amazing.

07-Jan-18
I wrote half my response then just erased it. Not werth the bother. Just so sad that guys find fault in everything. Great way to start a Sunday! Keep it up boys...

(Yes, I spelled a word wrong on purpose)

07-Jan-18
Great video no matter where they hunted. They do a lot of good for our hunting heritage and are both great, hard hunters. Thanks for posting the video. Nothing funner than being in a "bugle fest"!

• Sitka Gear