Rock 27-Dec-17
Rock 10-Jan-18
Rock 10-Jan-18
22-Dec-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Many options and angles.
Many options and angles.
The last few years I have been doing euro mounts with my animals. This is a new option produced by Skullhooker. Really neat space saver and collectively makes the euros look pretty neat! I use their wall mounts, table mounts and now this Trophy Tree. C

22-Dec-17

Another angle.

22-Dec-17

Boxing display!

22-Dec-17
what a great idea for displaying . it takes the "coat rack" to a new level.

22-Dec-17

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo
That looks great! I've got something very similar. It isn't done yet so it looks a little haphazard...

22-Dec-17
Got some pretty cool stuff Charlie. Cat, that will look pretty awesome when you get it finished!!

22-Dec-17
Nice....One more of those bad boys and it looks like you could have a 1000" tree as well! Kip

22-Dec-17
Looks awesome Charlie! I've been thinking of doing something similar from here on out (if I ever shoot anything decent anymore). Congrats on the nice kills too!

22-Dec-17
Those are neat guys.

22-Dec-17

SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
My euro tree... natural elements taken from the same places the deer were.

Maybe someday I'll make a nicer base (hiding the screws) and nicer wood than stained lumber.

22-Dec-17
Nice stuff....

22-Dec-17
Thats really cool, saddle. Well done

22-Dec-17
Charlie, thanks for posting, that is a great way to display some Euro-critters!

22-Dec-17
Very nice Charlie! Where's the angel and the Christmas lights?

22-Dec-17
COOL!

22-Dec-17
Charlie that looks neat. The beauty of the concept is no more dusting! Just take it outside and hose it off.

22-Dec-17
Very interesting! I have to say, I like the "rustic" looks of Catscratch's and especially Saddles's with the buck rub!

22-Dec-17
Thanks for the ideas guys. I have about four euros that I've not done anything with. They are on top of the refrigerator at my camphouse. I hesitated to put them on the walls because the place is for sale. Something like this would not only save space, but would be easy to move. Great ideas !

22-Dec-17
Saddle's looks awesome. I like the natural setting. Ken

22-Dec-17
Saddle Reaper that is really cool!

22-Dec-17
Saddlereaper that is cool and thanks for the idea. A nice buck rubbed a little tree right behind my house this fall and I am going to go out this afternoon with the chain saw to get it !

22-Dec-17
Pretty cool Charlie, thanks!

Saddle's is a work of art.....but I'll bet he doesn't have any cats...... =D

22-Dec-17

Rob in VT's embedded Photo
This is my version.

22-Dec-17
Rob, that’s looks awesome. Nice use of that space.

22-Dec-17
Rob, how are you attaching to the post?

22-Dec-17

I made brackets using an “L” bracket with a bolt and a couple of nuts. Screw the bracket to the log and the brain cavity of the skull slides over the bolt head. I spray painted them a copper color to blend in with the wood. Spayed the Sheetrock screw heads also. Much more cost efficient than buying commercial hangers.

22-Dec-17
cool idea, thanks man

22-Dec-17
Great Art here, except for the Skullhooker. Damn, that is ugly.

22-Dec-17
Really cool Charlie! I will have to look into that and cant say I had considered anything like it. Thanks:)

23-Dec-17

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
This one works for my few Euro's

I do very few Euro's though as I prefer mounts.

Good luck, Robb

23-Dec-17
Have a pile of skulls that I have bleached out - deer, elk, bear, lion, antelope, bison, sheep, etc.

I have some up the wall on skull hookers and a bunch just sitting around. Actually was just looking at that "Trophy Tree" this week but didn't buy it because I thought it might be a bit too modern looking.

I really love some of the post ideas that you guys have done. Gonna have to spend a little time looking for the right driftwood pieces and see what kind of artistry I can come up with...

23-Dec-17
Great thread Charlie! Some great ideas here...

23-Dec-17
I really like the "modern look" (as it was referred to) mostly because I can switch out bear, antelope and various deer species at will and move around the trophy room. In reality I can change it up in seconds. Nice stuff posted by other Bowsiters. C

23-Dec-17
Looks great Charlie. Might have to get one for my man cave.

23-Dec-17

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
Some might have seen the one I made earlier this year...

27-Dec-17
TD - no cats.... I could only imagine how well that would go over!

Thanks guys! It was super simple to make... The toughest part was getting the cut angled just right on the base of the tree so it would lean back towards the corner how i wanted it to. Then after constructing the (rather crude) base I ran some (6"?) long lag bolts up into the base of the tree. The trick to the reeds/ grasses was that I shaped a piece of 2" insulating foam board to fit the base... then with moss over top I poked holes down through it big enough to stick the reeds into. That worked really well to hold them upright.

Whether your taste is modern or rustic/ natural I can tell you mine is a bit of a dust collector!

27-Dec-17
Have been planning for a few years to build one using real log/tree trunk. After looking at this thread I call my landowner friend who cuts cedars in the winter and ordered a few to be picked up during spring Turkey season. Also made 2 of the brackets like Rob in VT showed and they work great.

10-Jan-18
Charlie, I was thinking of taking my mounts and reducing them down to something less "visible" in the home. I have several Euros, but thought if I could purchase "fake" skulls that I could attach the small skull plate to for mounting these on a tree like that. Any ideas guys if something like that is made? I could not find it other tan taxidermy forms. Thanks.

10-Jan-18

Rock's Link
https://masterofskulls.com/store/record-keeper-european-mount-kit-for-deer/ Habitat, Here is one that you can use to turn your skull plate into a Euro mount.

10-Jan-18

Rock's Link
https://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/North-American-Skulls-C188.aspx Here is another and there are many more out there.

10-Jan-18
Rock,

Thank you sir. Did not get either of those to come up. Really appreciate it.

• Sitka Gear