t-roy 27-Nov-18
t-roy 27-Nov-18
BULELK1 28-Nov-18
midwest 28-Nov-18
Charlie Rehor 28-Nov-18
Zbone 28-Nov-18
ELK ELSEWHERE 28-Nov-18
25-Dec-17
Just got around to opening my emails. Got one from a taxidermist friend of mine, said he had gotten a call from a long-time customer who had just killed a big deer in KY. Said it green scored a typical 218-net and was free-range, 6X6. We will see.

25-Dec-17
Keep us posted.

25-Dec-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Mel, 1965!
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Mel, 1965!
Ah, The annual new Typical World Record report:)

Mel Johnson has fun with these rumors every year. He says there have been “record breakers” every year since 1965 when his record was established but none have been real. Good luck to this year’s hopeful!

25-Dec-17
Holy handful Batman !

25-Dec-17
They always fall short after officially scored. Gotta love the rumors!

25-Dec-17
Must be being kept quiet as there is no one talking about it on Kentuckyhunting.com. There's some good ones running around here though so it won't surprise me if it's true.

25-Dec-17
I guess Kentucky signing a 6-6 218 pound forward will suffice also.

25-Dec-17
Bow kill ?

25-Dec-17
Someday it’s bound to happen. Myles Keller held the Wisconsin record with a 170’s eight pointer for the longest time and now it’s been bettered Numerous times the last few years with the lastest pushing the mid 190’s . The few previous state record holders have only held the top spot for few years. So time will tell how long the current national record will stand. Has been a remarkably long time. Tremendous amount of deer have hit he ground since then but not enough horn to be number one. Well except for the one from Michigan that never got panel scored.

25-Dec-17
Taxidermists surely know deer and many are scorers for state books. So, I’m guessing there is a huge 6 by 6 that’s going to surface before long filling this description, from KY. It may or may not be the next record. Time will tell.

Plenty of plain folk know how to score deer. It might not be official but, it doesn’t take official to make it a big deer either. It’ll be interesting to see this play out. Why KY wasn’t mentioned in the 160 thread blows my mind. Because there is huge deer there. God Bless

25-Dec-17
I've got footage on my new DVD of a wild, free-ranging, live, potential world record typical whitetail. I've shown the footage to at least a dozen official measurers and all think it would score 220" typical or so. The fact the deer lived and died behind a friend's barn and was only seen by the landowner and one other that we know of is testimony what could be in your hunting area. The astonishing fact is this footage was taken when the deer wasn't even fully mature at 4.5 yrs. old. The buck lived to 8.5 and just kept getting bigger and bigger every year. No one ever found a single shed antler that anyone is aware of. Think about that for a second. He had potential world record antlers for five years, or in other words ten sides laying out there. Yet no one found any sheds nor the dead deer. In his eighth year he got in a fight with a big massive 4x4. It was witnessed by the landowner. After fighting for a long time (the big one won) both bucks staggered off in opposite directions. He was never seen again. It's my belief he likely died of stress after that aggressive fight at his older age. So... keep after them guys. They might be just over the ridge from you. Best of luck and Happy New Year to all. BW

25-Dec-17
Wow Barry ,that is a great story,,,I'm one of the old school guys that has NO problem keeping a secret to my self,,that being said I have seen from my cam pics. An absolute monster of a WT,,more than one pic....An easy 200 inch beast..and where he's at ,,,public land,,hell no one would believe me anyway...lol

25-Dec-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
drycreek's embedded Photo
I hunt with a few others on a 16,000 acre place that is thick as hell except where old logging decks are or roads, consequently that's where most hunt. I'm positive there are 160" to 180" bucks on the property that have never been seen, nor been seen except on game cam, and very few of that. I know this is not a 200" deer, but this is also ETexas, where the " if it's brown, it's down " mentality existed just a few years ago. This buck was never seen by anyone.

25-Dec-17
We had a legend buck in the neighborhood that was nick name Baby up till the last sighting of 12yrs old approximately. I only seen it on several occasion through that time period, it had a huge body and usually carry about 12pts. This was a rifle area and had other locals tell me down at the local Sat. morning dump site that the buck usually sat back in the brush while the does or younger bucks went out and feed, he would come out about dark. He had a 6th since knowing where the bowhunters were and would use the heaviest cover and when one did see him around was prior to hunting season. To end this story my neighbor was walking back to his house from his woods on the last rifle day and he caught a set of antlers that moved in the bush behind the side of his barn, it was Baby that got up and the neighbor started to raise his rifle but backed off and figure the old buck has made it through all these yrs that he can go another and pass the gene pool on, that was the last sighting of him. No doubt there are bucks with bigger horns but this local buck was the king of his area. The dump talk was that buck knew when the gun season started and he would hold up in his special hideout until dark and and hide during the light. My hat off to this buck and the neighbor that could have ended it.

25-Dec-17
know nothing more than I reported. Don't know the hunter, didn't ask where he was from. Was told bow kill but the taxidermist who has seen measured and mounted thousands of deer, had not seen only been called and told of him. I do know, there are more hunters than you might imagine who kill big deer and never say anything about them. I am also pretty sure several world record bucks have died of injuries, predators or old age and have never been seen by hunters. That is just common sense.

25-Dec-17
Barry, love it man. Keeping faith alive. :)

25-Dec-17
"who ever gets the next big one, I hope it is shot on public land, by a DIY bust his or hers ass, hunter,,,,,, and not some purchased hunt, or land that is hardly hunted"

Why? You think it will matter? Joe Q. will find plenty wrong with the person as in most cases the derogatory comments come from a source deep inside the person speaking /posting and independent of the hunter

25-Dec-17
Isn't Kentucky a one buck state?

25-Dec-17

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

JL's Link
Different deer out of Kentucky on one of the Kentucky hunting websites. This odd story is at the link.

""Heard rumor of a 180"ish 8 pt killed in Edmonson county by a female. also heard deer was not dead and was seen sittin up in the truck after it was tagged. Any other liars, I mean hunters want to input? LOL ive heard this story twice? seen one pic, can anyone verify any truth? Don't know anything beyond it...""

25-Dec-17
The only truth as I know is that buck truly is close to 180

25-Dec-17

JL's Link
Alot of recent Kentucky harvest pics at the Kentucky F&W.gov link. Some are very large. Most seem to be from November and December.

25-Dec-17
Who needs the National Enquirer?

25-Dec-17
Bout time for a new rumor...8^)

26-Dec-17
If I remember correctly the biggest typical to come out of KY was killed off of Ft. Knox, which is public.

Lee

26-Dec-17
Odd place for that 8 point to bed down:) Perhaps a net booner as an 8. Wowser!

26-Dec-17
Did a little digging. A big deer was killed on 210-acres of private land somewhere between Lewisburg and Elkton, wherever that is. All I know is western KY. But from what I gather, that deer is not any 200+ deer. What I know is this: Every year, a big deer is measured by a hunter who has no real idea of how to accurately measure one and those deer tend to shrink a great deal, as much as 40-inches. And some are eyeball measured. I have no idea in this case.

26-Dec-17

Lee's embedded Photo
Lee's embedded Photo
I'm full of crap - here is the Knox buck I mentioned. Nets 186 and change and was the number 11 deer when he killed it - not sure now. Grossed 198 - hell of a deer regardless. Public to boot.

Lee

26-Dec-17
Nice pic Charlie;

Do you realize we will probably never see another pic like that where the hunter isn't pimping some product?

His Buffalo plaid shirt by Woolrich maybe?

That pic did probably sell some Bear recurves though....

26-Dec-17
So what are the odds the new WR will be taken with a longbow or recurve?....

26-Dec-17
^^^^Same as Lloyd's odds with Mary Swanson.

26-Dec-17
So you're saying there's a chance......

26-Dec-17
....so you're saying there's a chance!

26-Dec-17
You mean Mary Samsonite?

26-Dec-17

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Kodiak  's embedded Photo

26-Dec-17
They went all bait n switch on that blind boy.....

Pretty bird.....

26-Dec-17
And some of you have totally redeemed yourselves.

—Mitch

26-Dec-17

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
MN 8 point ........ poached! 192 3/8 .... 28 inch inside spread

26-Dec-17
"That pic did probably sell some Bear recurves though...."

I believe Mel Johnson killed that buck with a Howatt recurve with a Bear quiver mounted on it.

26-Dec-17
....Nice hooters ya got there!

That is one gorgeous 8 point, dead or alive. Doesn’t look like there’s much more than a couple of inches of deductions on him. Some of the comments in jl’s link are classic, covering everything from Rage broad heads to crossbows to the dreaded void!

26-Dec-17
The pet deer in the back of the truck would be my choice....what a perfect deer. I want the "next WR" to be a 10 pointer.

27-Nov-18
I know this thread is 11 months old but wonder what ever happened to the rumor John?

Gun season now so expect to hear more rumors...8^)

27-Nov-18
the rumor was validated as false

27-Nov-18
Consider the source....

27-Nov-18
This is kinda like the NFL rumor going around that Aaron Rogers/Packers just got traded to the Cowboys!!

Good luck, Robb

27-Nov-18
We'd gladly trade them Mike McCarthy and Clay Mathews :-)

27-Nov-18
Rogers and Prescott have almost the same number of super bowls so cowboys probably would not do the deal.

27-Nov-18
"Rogers and Prescott have almost the same number of super bowls so cowboys probably would not do the deal. "

Prescott has a ring?

27-Nov-18
I'm not sure who Rogers is? Maybe Kenny?

27-Nov-18

Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Hawkeye's embedded Photo
Its like looking at old trophy photos after eating tag soup for another season...

At least for this brokenhearted Packer fan :(

27-Nov-18
You know nothing of playoff disappointment. Try being a Vikings fan.....

27-Nov-18
Only a matter of time as escapes from high fences increase.

27-Nov-18
Or even worse, a Lions fan!!!!

27-Nov-18
No Prescott trails Rogers, as do I for that matter, by just one ring

27-Nov-18

27-Nov-18
".....as do I for that matter, by just one ring."

LOL!! That's pretty good :)

27-Nov-18
Don't laugh Eyad you're tied with Marino.

27-Nov-18
From a 218" deer 11 months ago, to NFL banter. Only on bowsite.

27-Nov-18
" Don't laugh Eyad you're tied with Marino. "

Ha ha ha...indeed I am ;)

27-Nov-18
Yeah, but it looks like he got his Mt. Lion 'Bou! ;-)

27-Nov-18
How many Packers fans does it take to change a lightbulb?

27-Nov-18

One to change the lightbulb, and 4 to stand around and talk about how great the old lightbulb was :-(

28-Nov-18
How many Cowboy fans does it take to change a flat tire?

Unless it's a blowout then they all show up!

Good luck, Robb

28-Nov-18
How many perverts does it take to screw in a light bulb?

One....but a whole emergency room staff to get it back out again.

Sorry to divert the diverted thread! ;-)

28-Nov-18
Always fun to see who the Patriots will play in the Super Bowl

28-Nov-18
"Always fun to see who the Patriots will play in the Super Bowl"

Not this year Charlie, already have money on it...8^)

28-Nov-18
I prefer mustard to mayo

• Sitka Gear