Bou'bound 26-Dec-17
Bowriter 26-Dec-17
PSUhoss 26-Dec-17
PSUhoss 26-Dec-17
Bowriter 26-Dec-17
HeadHunter® 26-Dec-17
t-roy 26-Dec-17
26-Dec-17
Many years ago, I worked for the state of IL for a couple years. During that time, I worked with a guy who was an avid hunter. At that time, there were very few deer, in and around Sangamon County. We hunted squirrels, rabbits and birds. Then, 25-years later, we hooked up again. He had retired and bought 120-acres near Griggsville, IL. I hunted some and guided some on his land. Now, 15-years later, I got an email from him, yesterday. He suggested we get together next year for an "Old Farts" hunt on his place. He now has 160-acres and manages it for deer. I have not hunted IL since about 2007. I think it just may be a grand idea. Now, all I have to do is live that long.

26-Dec-17
And draw a tag?

26-Dec-17
Good luck on both John......

26-Dec-17
You'll make it and have a great hunt!

26-Dec-17
You can live that long for sure! We need you around here John. Be positive.

26-Dec-17
10-4 on the call in your kill. Most harmful thing to happen to hunting in this century.

26-Dec-17
Antler and Bowriter - interesting your thoughts on the call in. I have hunted Illinois for nearly two decades and haven’t noticed any difference from when they had to be physicall Checked in.

26-Dec-17
I guess that I just hunt and know honest people. The call in hasn’t changed our hunting other than making it easier to check them in. Crooks and swindlers will always be out there.

26-Dec-17
Antler man is dead on. Since most of the whitetail data used in herd management comes from kill figures, a good deal of that data is now meaningless. Without valid data, management becomes less than desired. In some states, it is worse than others.

26-Dec-17
Illinois has had No Real Whitetail Management for 15+ years now! ...DNR & Politics & 'so called' insurance companies has ruined Our Illinois Deer Herd! ... and DNR & Politics are even ruining faster more so now with The New 2017 "no" restriction agenda! Bow Hunting is NOT what it use to be. ...they might as well get rid of The Call In System too .... it means NOTHING! (jmho ... from a old bow hunter that quit because of all of this that has happened) ..........

26-Dec-17
Curious to know if you’ll still go if you find out your buddy runs trail cams and plants food plots on this property?

• Sitka Gear