M.Pauls 29-Dec-17
Genesis 29-Dec-17
Whocares 29-Dec-17
Genesis 29-Dec-17
deerhunter72 29-Dec-17
26-Dec-17

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo
MN 8 point ........ poached a few years ago! .......192 3/8 .... 28 inch inside spread, it would have been the best 8-point whitetail ever. A world record deer. Second place? 180-3/8", the score awarded to a South Dakota buck killed by Vernon Winter in 1965.

Sorry, not a very good pic.

http://www.theoutdoorsforum.com/forums/topic/26429-massive-8-point-buck-was-poached-in-mn/

26-Dec-17
Numbers don’t lie that’s insane. That pic though yeesh, obviously not a deer fanatic taking the pic. Could be a 120 I wouldn’t know

26-Dec-17
Really? Look at the fingers tight against the brow area. You have fun finding a 120 with that mass.

26-Dec-17
Awesome buck for sure! Too bad it was poached.

26-Dec-17
Agreed with M.Pauls. Definitely not a 120s, but a horrible pic to get much of a true perspective of how huge this deer really is.

26-Dec-17

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
Here's a couple replicas of the buck.

26-Dec-17
Yeah I was exaggerating with the 120 thing. I just can’t believe how horribly someone could photograph a buck that big lol. Those replicas definitely give you a better idea. WOW i just love big 4s!

26-Dec-17
Yeah, I knew the pic was terrible. Thanks Kodiak for finding a better pic.

27-Dec-17
The mass is incredible...reminiscent of the Jordan buck.

27-Dec-17
Wait a minute. The officer's ears are drooping.... Are we sure this is legit?!!!

27-Dec-17

Grubby's Link
Here’s some more info on the “white rock buck”

27-Dec-17

Grubby's Link

27-Dec-17
Wow!

I know of a 182" 8 point archery kill from northern Wisconsin that was never entered in any books...

27-Dec-17

Here it is with the cape on it. Not sure who's holding it, if it's the poacher or just an onlooker that came to see it before it was confiscated.

27-Dec-17
Outrageous 8-pointer!

Would love to see the score sheet.

27-Dec-17
Was he hunting with Bill Busbice or Spook Spann? Probably Chris Brackett. Rotten Bs everyone of em.

27-Dec-17
'..would have been the best 8 point whitetail ever...' It still is the best 8 pt ever. Its just not documented in a B&C record book. So what? It still exists...

27-Dec-17
Well the thing is, is that he robbed legit hunters out of the chance to legally harvest it. It was a known deer in the local bowhunting community. Dude shot it with a rifle and tried to pass it off as a bow kill. He also killed two bucks before this one and didn't tag either.

A real POS.

27-Dec-17
The present owner (Minnesota DNR?) can enter it in B&C as far as I know.

28-Dec-17
That’s a real beauty 4x Ohio. I think anyone would give a left nut to have a crack at that guy. Looks to be a Boone 4x. Hard to say exactly how big without having a real solid guess on mass. My guess on him is 165-170 giving his tines 5,13,12 but I can’t see if his off side is weaker

28-Dec-17
I don’t think he’d take the title, but that is a giant 8 pt! I killed a 168” 8 pointer and that deer is considerably bigger. Tine length is similar, but longer main beams and better mass for sure. I’d guess that 8 to be in the mid-upper 170s. Somewhat hard to tell from the pic. Any other pics of him?

28-Dec-17
Wow ohiohunter that's a monster 8.

I'll guess 180ish.

28-Dec-17
The late John Collins of James Valley Scents to my knowledge was the last owner I was aware of who owned the world's largest 4X4. The Buck was shot by a Hunter that I don't know the name of who'd shot it in S. Dakota in 1950. I personally held the AMAZING Rack and it scored, AND I do believe it was a net score of 200 1/8th!!! Surely someone else out there must know of that Buck. Sadly John passed away a few years ago and I don't know what became of his collection. I'll look into it more so over the next month and look forward to anyone else with knowledge of that Buck to post on here about it. Thanks

28-Dec-17

sureshot's embedded Photo
sureshot's embedded Photo
This one was killed on a farm next to mine by a gun hunter in 2016.....great genetics in the area.

28-Dec-17
Ohio, I think your buddy is pulling your leg. That deer is dead. He doesn't live next to public at all. That deer was killed by Jason sanders in logan county Illinois in December of 2011. Awesome deer killed by a honest dude under fair chase.

28-Dec-17

powder's Link

28-Dec-17
LOL

28-Dec-17

Helluva deer though. I was close with my 180ish guess, he netted 184 and change.

28-Dec-17
Bah ahaha

28-Dec-17

powder's Link
Some more pics and story!

28-Dec-17
Powder do you serve Au Jus with that crow.

28-Dec-17
I didn’t know there was a WR for 8 points... let’s take it one step further. I once had the world record whitetail by a right handed finger Shooter with one testicle.... 145” 10 point...lol all in fun

28-Dec-17
M.Pauls,that pic of ohiohunters 8 way bigger than 170. Hard to say this but it looks upper 180's the frame is a 120+ frame looks like which will cause some underestimation,imo

28-Dec-17
Genesis, I think you missed a few posts. He was definitely bigger than 170.

He also somehow managed to go back in time to 2011 and get shot in a different state. :)

Ohio, your boy was yanking your chain.

28-Dec-17
Ha,jokes on me too....sorry guys

29-Dec-17
Yeah Genesis, I was off too on my guess by quite a bit. It’s always tough when judging crazy big white tails, especially off one pic. I usually down play a little as I’m telling myself this angle has got to be messing with me as it seems to good to be true. Obviously this one was just pure big. It takes a heck of a deer to crack 160 as a 4. I included my tine length estimations in my first post. Once other pics and angles came up of him I realized this buck was in fact pure stud and I was way off on tine length as well as I think what I had in mind for main beams. I think I had him in my head averages of 5” circumferences which would probably be close, as an average, with the first being around 6 and the last around 4. I’m not always about the score number but it’s just such a testament to what some deer can do and I find it incredibly interesting. I’d love to see his score sheet. Absolute giant!

29-Dec-17
Yep,30 inch beams throws everything out the window as far a scale....ha He a Choota!! and we can pen and paper him later!

29-Dec-17
I held that record 8 point in my hands! The Conservation Officer that had control of the rack at the time invited me to her house to see them. It was two days before our Minnesota whitetail rifle opener. I remember saying, why am I even going hunting to look for a big buck after that! Been looking for that picture now after seeing this thread and damned if I can locate it. So, I figure to spend some of these below zero days we been having for a week to clean out some of my camera and computer photos!

29-Dec-17
Big 8s are special.... A 180 inch 8 walks up with Mel Johnson's buck and I'm sending the arrow toward the 8.

29-Dec-17

deerhunter72's embedded Photo
deerhunter72's embedded Photo
A big 8 is a special deal. Too bad it looks like this potential record was taken illegally.

• Sitka Gear