Family Man 30-Dec-17
Family Man 30-Dec-17
Family Man 30-Dec-17
INbowdude 31-Dec-17
Family Man 01-Jan-18
bad karma 01-Jan-18
Buffalo1 01-Jan-18
28-Dec-17
The kids are off to a good start! Ben (13) has his first of the trip recovered and Mom and Hannah (15) are tracking hers. They say the arrow looks good and blood trail is strong !

28-Dec-17
Congrats to Ben, now get out and put another one down!

28-Dec-17
Congrats ! Kill'em !

28-Dec-17
Alright!

28-Dec-17

Family Man's embedded Photo
Hannah’s boar
Hannah’s boar
Hannah harvested a nice boar with her crossbow! Ben also took a second hog right before dark! 3 hogs in the first evening!

28-Dec-17

Ben’s double!
Ben’s double!
Ben chose to use his Ruger 77/44 for the night... both died within sight!

28-Dec-17

The group pic!
The group pic!

28-Dec-17
Told you.....the pigs are all over, and with a bad acorn crop, traveling quite a bit for dinner. And your kids are happy as all get out tonight.

28-Dec-17
Very cool....Congrats Ben and Hannah!

29-Dec-17
Dave, Next year adopt me! I'll help with the gas and the drive. I can also tutor the kids in Gov't and Econ along the way. I've been to Shiloh a time or two so I might be of help. Congrats on a great hunt so far. Keep up the good work. Cheers!

29-Dec-17

Hannah’s second hog of the trip!
Hannah’s second hog of the trip!
Another successful hunt! Pics attached. Hannah had her bolt deflect and hit a second hog. Still evaluating options on that one....

29-Dec-17

Ben’s 3rd of the trip!
Ben’s 3rd of the trip!
Ben’s 3rd of the trip

29-Dec-17

Another pic of Hannah’s morning hog
Another pic of Hannah’s morning hog

29-Dec-17
Love that color of red on the side of a nice hog. Congrats Hannah and Ben.

29-Dec-17
Awesome. Forrest

29-Dec-17

Ben’s “smoker special”!
Ben’s “smoker special”!
Christy (my wife) was covered in deer all night with no hogs). Ben had an insane amount “crash” the feeder and he thought he saw Hannah’s wounded hog from the AM... After holding out and not getting a clear shot (due to hogs behind the target hog), he didn’t get a second hog. Attached is his first! Quite the meat hog!

29-Dec-17
So we’ve harvested 6 and still have a full day of hunting tomorrow.... I’ll keep you posted!

29-Dec-17
Good discipline passing on the covered shot. Somebody taught 'em :)

30-Dec-17
Last day hunting- I’m in #3 for the morning (with my Matthews) and Mom and Ben started their day in #6. Wind shifted to being out of the north for today. I’m hearing footprints and snorts... gotta go!

30-Dec-17
A not great AM hunt-Ben almost got sick in the blind and didn’t make it an hour & I hit high on a small hog (tracked a long ways until I bounced it from a bed). We have re-grouped and Hannah and I are in #6 with Christy and Ben in #7. Last hunt of the trip and we’re excited! Weather is turning cold and we have had perfect hunting weather while we were here. I’ll post updates later on as the evening plays out...

30-Dec-17

Ben’s final (at #7)
Ben’s final (at #7)
Ben’s 5th (and final) of the trip! That look says it all! He’s living in 13 yr old boy heaven right now! Mom was in the blind with him for this one!

30-Dec-17

The cutters on Ben’s last boar!
The cutters on Ben’s last boar!

31-Dec-17
It gives us so much joy to see those smiles! Congratulations Ben and Hannah on some mighty fine trophies and table far too! You both sure know how to bring home the bacon :) We enjoy having you folks in camp and look forward to doing it again. Have a blessed New Year.

31-Dec-17
These kids are infected with "weak man" disease. It hits me all the time at Shiloh! Congrats to you all!

01-Jan-18
Thanks for all the kind words! Mike- we'll keep you in mind for future hunts. Trying to line up a return visit for Spring Break '19. As a few folks have mentioned- it doesn't get old! It's such a blessing that Matt and Cheryl have created what they have in Shiloh. Our kids will have all kinds of memories that wouldn't have been possible otherwise!

01-Jan-18
Looks like you and the family had a record class good time at Shiloh Ranch. No surprise. Way to go. The kids will never forget that weekend.

01-Jan-18
A womderful family adventure filled with many great memories. A great example of how families can enjoy time together.

Congrats on some nice trophies and filled coolers.

• Sitka Gear