WapitiBob 29-Dec-17
midwest 30-Dec-17
Mule Power 30-Dec-17
IdyllwildArcher 30-Dec-17
WapitiBob 30-Dec-17
Trial153 30-Dec-17
'Ike' (Phone) 30-Dec-17
29-Dec-17
So tag quota is set for Non-res, then you have preferences point, random and also ‘special’...Do they all come out of the same tag pool? I thought pref and random did, but does ‘Special’ also?

When looking at draw odds, I see both pref and special with the same amount of tags...

29-Dec-17
There are 3 nr draws; Regular full price, Special full price, Reduced price.

There are two "passes" in each full price draw; preference point then random.

Total licenses are set at 45,315 +- 2ish, then split 84% resident, 16% nr. The total number of nr limited quota licenses, plus the gen licenses, equal that 16% (7,250). The gen quota will then change as a result of more/less limited quota licenses allocated.

The 16% nr quota is split 75% landowner PP draw, 25% landowner random draw, then landowners draw.

Those remaining nr licenses are combined into a new nr quota and split 60% regular (75% pp 25% rndm), 40% special (75% pp 25% rndm) and the draw continues with the Special full price drawing being first. After the Special PP and Special random are done, the leftovers are combined and added to the original Regular 60% and split 75/25 pp/random and the Regular full price draw continues.

29-Dec-17
My head hurts..

--jim

29-Dec-17
Piece a cake, most of the process is invisible and unknown to most who apply.

29-Dec-17
Also - If applying as a NR group, and the successful group draw exceeds the quota, the quota will be adjusted so all members of the group will receive a tag

29-Dec-17
No kidding Jim! Lol...Thanks Bob!

29-Dec-17
Bob are the NR landowner tags you mention included within the "Total Quota" columns in the published NR Drawing Odds reports?

29-Dec-17
no The NR demand reports are for the nr public draw portion, 2nd phase of 3; 3rd phase being the tally of drawn lq licenses and gen licenses, with addl gen licenses issued to fill the 7,250 nr quota.

29-Dec-17
Neither the nr app book nor the full book show a breakdown of resident/nr special/nr regular, for a given hunt code. The reason is because for Elk, lo's draw first, quota re figured, then nr special is done and again, leftovers are moved to the regular and re figured. The quota for any given hunt could change multiple times. For Antelope, residents draw first and we get all their leftovers. Then all those re allocations take place from landowner to special to regular.

For the most part, I just look at the demand reports from the previous year and go with that.

30-Dec-17
Bob's the man!

30-Dec-17
Yes he is!

30-Dec-17
"Those remaining nr licenses are combined into a new nr quota and split 60% regular (75% pp 25% rndm), 40% special (75% pp 25% rndm) and the draw continues with the Special full price drawing being first. After the Special PP and Special random are done, the leftovers are combined and added to the original Regular 60% and split 75/25 pp/random and the Regular full price draw continues."

This is why you'll see in the reports that there are X amount of apps that exceed X amount of tags, but more apps draw than there are tags for in the special draw. Which also means that the odds that most of the folks who run these app websites underestimate the odds for the special draw and overestimate the odds for the regular draw.

And yes, Bob is the man.

30-Dec-17
The Demand reports will show the licenses that have been added to the Regular side. Also, every 1st choice app is shown in the reports; a party of 3 will show as 3 first choice apps in the report. Wyoming also fills a party up to 6 provided there is at least 1 license remaining. This has been a sticking point for some residents as we were getting allocations that exceeded our allotted 16%. The Dept now carries that overage forward and decrements the Special Gen licenses when they do their quota balance and process the third phases of the nr draw.

and no, I'm not. I just want the best chance I can to draw a license.

30-Dec-17
Special draw it is for me....my schedule has me between a rock and hard place. And I don’t think I will speak in the regular draw.

30-Dec-17
I’m going to need a loan...

• Sitka Gear