skull 07-Jan-18
Woods Walker 07-Jan-18
drycreek 07-Jan-18
skull 07-Jan-18
drycreek 07-Jan-18
ben yehuda 07-Jan-18
Woods Walker 07-Jan-18
01-Jan-18
It’s the time of the year to start doing some research. With 4 PP, I will be drawing a tag in area 46 . Has anybody hunted in this area last year ?

01-Jan-18
Since the pronghorn apps arent due til the end of May, I would wait a bit and see how the animals winter before I select a hunt - Just saying

01-Jan-18
Never hunted there skull, but on a trip through there I did drool beside the highway once or twice while looking through my binos :-) Does that count ?

01-Jan-18
Get ahold of me when you draw. I've been fortunate to 46 quite a few times over the years.

01-Jan-18
Agree with CNELK. A lot can change depending on the winter here.

01-Jan-18
LOL yes that counts drycreek! When was that, last year? RSM I will be more than glad to let you know

01-Jan-18
The Type 1 tag may not be a lock with your 4PPs this coming season, but the Type 2 should be. Make sure you know what you're putting in for and what the two types mean.

01-Jan-18

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
I’m not sure if I’m reading this correctly that looks like it’s 100 % draw with 4 PP type 1

07-Jan-18
You won't be far from some great fishing, bring your rod and reel, or fly rod. Numbers were up last year so wait til the population estimates come out in April or early May. Don't forget to apply for a HMA permission slip in the summer if you draw.

07-Jan-18
Is there much public access in 46?

07-Jan-18
Thanks for the help, what is HMA, why do I need this for

07-Jan-18
HMA are Hunter Management Areas and most of 46 is taken up by two of them (Simpson Ridge and Medicine Bow). In general, Simpson Ridge is more rangeland and hilly, while Medicine Bow is more agricultural and riverlands - both good. We've never had a problem drawing.

07-Jan-18
Ok thank you I will look into that

07-Jan-18
I hunted 62 and 45 when I lived there..........40 years ago. It may have changed since then ;-).

It was outstanding then!

07-Jan-18
skull, that trip through Carbon Co. was 5/6 years ago. We shot out early near Gillette and the two guys with me had never been through the Rockies, so we took a little detour coming back to Texas. Well worth it too !

07-Jan-18

skull's embedded Photo
skull's embedded Photo
Drycreek coming from Northern Ontario Wyoming is my favourite state to hunt, I just love the scenery, I took this picture last time I was driving through big horn mountain

07-Jan-18
^^^^^ My favorite state also ! I wish I had moved there years ago. Too late now.......

07-Jan-18
X2 on WY being incredible.

07-Jan-18
Shhhhhh.................................

• Sitka Gear