Contributors to this thread:
spike78 02-Jan-18
Guardian Hunter 02-Jan-18
bowbender77 02-Jan-18
DartonJager 02-Jan-18
Inshart 02-Jan-18
Ironbow 03-Jan-18
02-Jan-18
I’ve been checking out Ebay as I am curious if anyone is selling any Mathews Triax’s and in the last few weeks I have seen a few. Their are people selling BARE Triax’s for $1100, 1300,1400, and $1600. They are at the shop here in MA for $999. Am I missing something or are these guys just hoping their is a sucker out there?

02-Jan-18
eBay is an odd duck. People are selling our products at Guardian hunting for double our msrp prices. We have no idea how they even got them.

02-Jan-18
Don't overlook the fact that Ebay sales are worldwide and reach markets where products may not available in many other countries.

02-Jan-18
That's the thing with ebay. I have on multiple occasions found items that varied as much $200-$300 higher than the same exact item also on sale at ebay. Case in point I bought a never used same as NIB Zeiss Conquest HD5 3-15x42 scope for $600 W/S&H when the same exact scope for sale NIB by another person was going for over $800 + S&H. Same goes with compound bows. Bought my last bow at ebay. A never shot 2014 NIB Darton DS 3714 in March of 2016. The bow was literally flawless. DS 3714 originally sold for, IIRC, around $775-$800. I paid $400 TMD. Saw the same EXACT bow for sale during the same time period used at ebay for $650. I guess sellers figure rather wisely they can always reduce an asking price, so no harm in starting out with a high asking price. But I have seen countless times were peoples asking prices were higher and sometimes significantly higher than the item could be had else where.

02-Jan-18
Agree, you also have to watch Amazon. I was looking for a ground blind and found one on Amazon, put it in my cart, then checked it at Cabela's exact same blind was about 10% less at Cabela's (not on sale) than at Amazon.

03-Jan-18
Unless you follow the auction, many of those higher priced items don't sell. You can ask anything you want, doesn't mean it will sell. I bookmark lots of items at higher prices just to see if they will sell, and they rarely ever do.

• Sitka Gear