Ironbow 03-Jan-18
midwest 03-Jan-18
ELKMAN 04-Jan-18
HDE 04-Jan-18
ELKMAN 05-Jan-18
Bou'bound 22-Aug-19
COHOYTHUNTER 22-Aug-19
02-Jan-18
Thinking about pulling trigger on the new Hoyt Carbon RX1. Was wondering if the hoyt quivers were any good or a Tightspot?

02-Jan-18
Tight spot for me.

02-Jan-18
Tight spot here as well.

02-Jan-18
I just purchased a Tight Spot based on the input from these guys. They steered me right! Very happy with it, and the tree bracket. GL.

02-Jan-18
I prefer Hoyt 2 piece quivers. They hold My arrows tighter to bow and are quieter than tight spots

03-Jan-18
I got a 3 arrow TS last year. If you set it up right it is just as quit as a two piece bow, which I've had before as well.

03-Jan-18
TightSpot! Their new 7 arrow quiver is great! I like to have lots of arrows...

03-Jan-18
hoyt two piece arrow rack for me on any hoyt

03-Jan-18
What Nick says!!! I see absolutely no advantage to a small quiver. If for some strange reason you want less arrows don't fill the quiver, but it is good to have the capacity there when needed even for practice arrows, small game and such. Insignificant size, weight, and cost with new tight spot.

03-Jan-18
If your a western guy on the ground actually hunting, it's absolutely the Hoyt two piece arrow rack quiver. I like the 4 arrow, but they make a six. BY FAR the best balance, indestructible, and it actually makes your bow quieter and have less vibration.

03-Jan-18
I too prefer the Hoyt 2-piece quivers, and that's what I ordered for my RX-1. But then I'm not the type who wants to take my quiver on & off frequently. The 2-pc fits lower profile against the bow and IMO feels more secure, rigid and quiet, being bolted down at both ends. They also come in matching KUIU Verde camo ;-)

03-Jan-18
Ditto the Hoyt 2 piece for me. I cut the horizontal spacers as needed to make the quiver/arrows closer to the bow than a TS, plus I don't like how the TS puts the arrow weight farther back. Hoyt 2 piece the arrow weight is farther forward and helps make the bow balance better for me front to back.

I.e. no matter how I tried to adjust the TS (super quality, BTW) the top of the bow would rock backwards after the shot. With Hoyt 2 piece I can get the bow to stay plumb after the shot with no movement. WITHOUT having to add a stabilizer weight out front. I prefer the 6 arrow.

As others have mentioned, I feel that being attached top & bottom the 2 piece has less vibration and is more solid. I never take quiver off to shoot.

03-Jan-18
I like higher capacity quivers, especially for extended hunting trips. I actually still use an original Delta quiver that holds 7 arrows. This allows me to carry 4 or 5 broad heads and 2 or 3 Judo points or blunts for small game if so desired.

03-Jan-18
I switched to a TS because, occasionally, I like to take the quiver off. I went with a 3 arrow from a 4 arrow bow to keep a lower profile and reduce some overall weight.

There is a rubber slide on one of the quiver "arms" that sits up against the cable guard which puts the quiver about a 1/2" from the riser. Can't get more low profile than that. Also the quiver is tilted a little at the top toward the front which keeps it plumb when holding it open handed.

The only difference from what I am doing now to what I had is one less "bullet in the magazine".

03-Jan-18
Two piece Hoyt for me. Super solid and quiet.

I like the TS quivers, but like Smarba I don't like how far back from the riser they sit. Had a young man bring his bow over to have me help him tune it up. His cheap quiver was cracked but he had a new TS, except it was for a left handed bow. He didn't want to take it back and wanted to hunt the next day. I was able to mount it anyway and it fit very close to the riser, and he liked it. Worked fine.

03-Jan-18
I used to be a 2 piece quiver guy until I tried a TS. So much more adjustability (up, down, in, out, angle) and my bow is quieter with it on. I never take it off for hunting.

04-Jan-18
HDE: You need to shoot with your quiver on, or with it off period. No half this half that business. At least 90% of the bows that I tune change arrow flight significantly adding or subtracting a quiver, especially one mounted solely at the center of the bow (Tight spot). Which in turn often affects sighting. It's one way or the other. Just an FYI

04-Jan-18
ELKMAN - I ALWAYS shoot with my quiver on and have NEVER, EVER done half this and half that. I like to take it off when putting it in a bow case or when working on it.

Thanks for the "tip" anyway though...

05-Jan-18
Okay. I under stand

22-Aug-19

22-Aug-19
I put a tight spot on my RX3 and flipped the mounting bracket so it fits tighter to my bow. And if you adjust that rubber piece on the vertical rod just right it will sit tight on the cable roller arm and add another point of contact and fit tight

• Sitka Gear