sticksender 03-Jan-18
wisconsinteacher 03-Jan-18
Russell 03-Jan-18
CAS_HNTR 03-Jan-18
Brotsky 03-Jan-18
Franklin 03-Jan-18
carcus 05-Jan-18
03-Jan-18
I'm looking to upgrade my bow a little. Right now I have a QAD rest, LimbSaver stabilizer and a TruGlo 5 pin sight on my bow. I target practice out to 50 and feel comfortable shooting at deer from 30 or less. Would upgrading any of these improve my shooting/set up?

03-Jan-18
Not really.

Try to upgrade your shooting. If you can, practice at much longer distance and concentrate on form and getting better.

If there is one piece of equipment that can make a difference in shooting, I would say its the release. If you are shooting a cheaper wrist strap, either upgrade to a top notch wrist strap or handheld.

03-Jan-18
Most likely your bow is already capable of shooting better than you can with that set-up. Possibly some areas to look at would be the type of release, some more detailed bow tuning, and some coaching on shooting form could be areas of possible improvement.

03-Jan-18
I'm looking to upgrade my bow a little. Right now I have a QAD rest, LimbSaver stabilizer and a TruGlo 5 pin sight on my bow. I target practice out to 50 and feel comfortable shooting at deer from 30 or less. Would upgrading any of these improve my shooting/set up?

03-Jan-18
How bright are the pins in low light conditions? If marginal, I'd consider a Montana Black Gold sight.

03-Jan-18
Things that have improved my shooting (in no particular order)

1) Quality thumb trigger release.....I shoot a Carter Target 4+

2) Decreasing draw length by 1/2"

3) Shooting heavier arrows....I think it a mental thing with less noise/vibe at the shot

4) Shooting a single pin slider.....reducing clutter really helped me shoot well. I went back to a 3 pin as I like it better for hunting though.

5) Getting a bow with a HARD backwall (not sure what bow you shoot....squishy backwalls are no good)

6) Alot of longer distance (50-70) shooting

7) NOT looking at the pin......look at the target and let the pin float

8) Focusing on form and surprise release and avoiding pass-by shooting mechanics

03-Jan-18
The one thing on your bow that an upgrade could significantly help is a new set of custom strings/cables. A good set of threads and a good tune will have as much impact as anything as far as an upgrade is concerned. The rest is just practice, practice, practice.

03-Jan-18
Not sure you need to....are you talking hunting or target. Because hunting/shooting is not the same as target/shooting. I will give you a bit of advice that helped me kill a lot of animals. It`s the ability to see the animal....draw and shoot....somewhat instantly....no "mehing" to stop them....no looking at a level in the sight... When deer hunting it`s a one pin sight and let it rip. If you get excited or have a touch of buck fever....run around your yard pick up your bow and see how accurate you are. Shoot offhand....kneeling....put a target on a rope and slide it....put a target in a tire and roll it etc.....if you want to improve as a killer.

05-Jan-18
Buy a bow with static yokes

05-Jan-18
Get a Hoyt.

Just kidding.

What Brotsky said.

• Sitka Gear