PECO 05-Jan-18
Kodiak 05-Jan-18
NvaGvUp 06-Jan-18
Hoot 06-Jan-18
03-Jan-18

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Wow!

A beautiful young lady with her first sheep and a smile which will melt your heart.

Then, kicked out of the <1 Club as well!

Does it get any better that this?

Actually, it does. Read her story! Courage, Perserverance, and Determination!

03-Jan-18
Her story is amazing, and yes, incredible cover.

03-Jan-18
Great picture.

03-Jan-18
Awesome!

03-Jan-18
Agreed, that is an awesome cover but extremely unfair...I spend 2 days on any mountain and look like I've been hit by a truck.....;-) Congrats to a fine young woman !!

03-Jan-18
"Pretty girls just seem to learn quite early, how to open doors with just a smile...."....

The Eagles, "Lyin' Eyes."

This young lady has a smile which can open all the doors she wants to open. But her story and what she has to deal with every single day is inspirational beyond description.

03-Jan-18
And she wears Sitka! :-)

03-Jan-18
Is there a sheep in that pic? I can't get past that beutifull smile.

03-Jan-18
Looks like she didn't even break a sweat on the hunt. I bet the guides if it was guided where fighting who got to be the lucky guide!

03-Jan-18
Read the story. Super inspirational and a very driven young lady.

03-Jan-18
Her hair is perfect! Great sheep.

03-Jan-18
Her hair is perfect! Great sheep.

03-Jan-18
Beautiful! (Nice ram, too.) :)

03-Jan-18
Her story is an amazing one. I shared a camp in the Yukon with Lincoln Tapp this year and he shared this girls inspirational story with me. I admit, I had a “tear in my eye” that night.

03-Jan-18
Just got my mail. Agree that this is a beautiful cover! Will be reading the story tonight.

03-Jan-18
Is that Lee Lakosky with his "88 yard shot"...lol....I can`t find my glasses.

03-Jan-18
Beautiful all around.

That guy XbowfromNY would only give her a 4.5....

04-Jan-18
I had to look up the meaning of < 1Club. I get it now. Nice ram

04-Jan-18
I was going to start a thread about the very subject Pic Kyle.

Great reading inside too

Good luck, Robb

PS--I really like how Transparent WSF is with the supplemental booklet about finacial's

04-Jan-18
Its a great story and cover. She is an inspiration to us all.

04-Jan-18
Robb,

Our Financial Report has been winning accolades for the past few years, not only because of the numbers, but also because of the way everything is presented.

04-Jan-18
I saw this on social media awhile back and was incredibly impressed with this young lady's story. A true inspiration! Kudos to WSF and all that were involved!

04-Jan-18
is there a way to see the story online or would I need to subscribe to WSF?

04-Jan-18
What’s the story?

And that is a phenomenal picture. Let’s just call it a 10 and move on!

04-Jan-18
Yeah, anybody have a link to her story?

04-Jan-18
Oh Yeah! Great cover! A few years ago we had a young lady on the cover of our state (ct) fishing digest holding an nice pike. Best cover ever!

04-Jan-18
I am a member of several conservation organizations. Some are pretty good and a few have lost their way in the last few years and need a course correction. None are as good as WSF. They do it right. They set their goals and shoot for them. They don't deviate. Proud to be a life member.

04-Jan-18
Read the story last night. What a girl!!!!!

04-Jan-18
Tom,

Thank you.

We've been blessed with great leadership, starting with our CEO along with a few incredibly business-savvy and unselfish Directors who have spent an unbelievable number of hours working on WSF's behalf.

None of this however, would have been possible without our incredible members.

You've been at enough of the Saturday night banquets in particular to witness some astounding displays of love, friendship, and support for conservation.

Yeah, WSF is the best!

04-Jan-18
how long was the shot she made. need to know that to be able to determine if she should be appreciated or ridiculed.

04-Jan-18
Wow, I just read her story. Yes, it is a truly amazing story!

Through determination and hard work, she overcame an overwhelming disability just to be able to spend a short amount of time with the sheep in God's country. Definitely an incredible young lady. Congratulations, Jennifer!

I also loved the article about Caitlin's archery sheep. Wow, another young lady with a huge amount of drive and determination. Congratulations, Caitlin!

Both young ladies now ex <1 Club Members!

WSF puts out an awesome magazine with great articles and photography. They are the premier conservation organization out there. Proud to be able to say that I am a life member.

05-Jan-18
Awe-inspiring article! What an incredible young lady. I, too, am a proud Life Member of WSF. So looking forward to my first Sheep Show in 2 weeks.

05-Jan-18
Where's the sheep? ;-)

05-Jan-18
Pat (and others that are not WSF members):

The young lady is 15 and has cystic fibrosis - has to do lung treatments and take 30-40 pills a day, 5 inhaled medications twice a day, and get food thru a tube in her stomach. Cystic Fibrosis is a horrible disease and the average life expectancy of someone affected by this is 37 years old. The story tells about how she set herself a goal at the 2017 Wild Sheep Foundation Convention to be the first girl to hunt the 4 species of NA sheep. It tells about how she worked hard and improved her lung function and get in shape for the hunt close to home and then up at altitude as well as working to be able to shoot well. Of course, it also relates the story of her hunt, being without her lung treatment with no power, with her dad up in the Yukon with Griz Turner and getting her ram.

Inspirational to say the least.

I hope to read about her success on her next 3 species in upcoming years...

Hopefully, there is a cure for CF on the near horizon that will allow amazing young people to live full and happy lives.

05-Jan-18
Pat,

I just copied and scanned her story and sent to you at your Bowsite e-mail address.

05-Jan-18
Awesome!

Cant with to read the story!

Mark

05-Jan-18
What is ex<1Club, I can't find anything that makes sense.

05-Jan-18
People who have Killed less than 1 sheep. She killed and is no longer a member

05-Jan-18
OK Thanks!

05-Jan-18
Nice pic.

Great looking young lady.

06-Jan-18
Pat,

Kinda' breaks your heart, doesn't it?

06-Jan-18
It is an amazing story, she’s only got one ram left for her FNAWS!

In the magazine is another <1 story that is quite remarkable, a young lady 21 or 22, won her sheep hunt at the <1 club drawing, then harvested her ram, with archery tackle all the while having dislocated a toe!

Sheep hunters are remarkable people! I too, am proud of the WSF!

• Sitka Gear