splitlimb13 04-Jan-18
splitlimb13 04-Jan-18
splitlimb13 04-Jan-18
splitlimb13 04-Jan-18
GF 04-Jan-18
SteveB 04-Jan-18
splitlimb13 05-Jan-18
03-Jan-18
That makes them leave that huge arse triangle hole? Why don't other heads of a similar diameter punch such a big hole through a critter? Those entry and exit wound pics I have seen from the qad exodus are insane!

03-Jan-18

tobinsghost's embedded Photo
tobinsghost's embedded Photo
My bear agrees!

04-Jan-18
Every seen a ramcat hole!

04-Jan-18
Shot a doe last night with a G5 Striker Magnum (1-1/2” 3 blade). Maybe it was just how she was standing but the entry and exit were noticeably larger than I have seen with the 125 grain Ramcat. Both the 125 Ramcat and the Striker Magnum leave bigger entry and exit hole than the Exodus in my experience, as they should since they are a wider cut. Doesn’t make them a better head, just a bigger cut.

04-Jan-18
I love the QAD Exodus. Tough as nails and have yet to get one that doesn't spin true. The only thing I would change is the packaging. I nearly bleed to death getting them out of that stupid plastic piece that the ferrules are stuck through!!

04-Jan-18
Griz, so true!

04-Jan-18
Griz - I picked up a scissors and cut up to the ferrule.............. after the 1st bloody finger.

04-Jan-18

ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
ElkNut1  's embedded Photo
Agreed, those Exodus heads leave a nasty hole! Here's a frontal shot on a bull from this past season from a 100 grain head!

ElkNut/Paul

04-Jan-18
Buck, I'm usually like a kid on Christmas morning when opening a new pack of broadheads and don't think to clearly. I'll try and calm down and remember the scissors next time!!

04-Jan-18

Creakylimb800's embedded Photo
Creakylimb800's embedded Photo
They work on Saskatchewan whitetail bucks as well! Great broadhead.

04-Jan-18

BWBOW's embedded Photo
BWBOW's embedded Photo
There a great elk head

04-Jan-18
Anyone have a picture of a QAD Exodus and ramcat?

04-Jan-18
The Exodus swept blade !! Awe-SUMMMM!!! Never seen blood poor like this past year. Bull went 20 yards!! 51 yard quartering towards me came out opposite arm pit!! Not as durable as my Magnus but super sharp!

04-Jan-18

04-Jan-18
In my experience yes not as durable. The blades broke after two missed shots from my son into a shell rock hillside. Same misses with the Magnus buzzcut not as broken. Lol the buck fever has got the best of him! Ohio are you shooting full or swept?

04-Jan-18

splitlimb13's embedded Photo

04-Jan-18

04-Jan-18
"what is it about the qad exodus"?

Most likely, it's the chisel point. Especially on the way out, the skin will stretch/drape over the point of the head and each of the blades will leave a slit that is closer to the length of the blade than it is to the frontal/cross-sectional area.

The effect is less on the entry side because the hide is held in place by muscle, bone, etc., so the cut is more similar to what you'd get by poking the head through a taught sheet of paper.

Biggest hole I've ever seen was from a Thunderhead 125 "Magnum"...

But FWIW... I'm not sure that I believe that the hole in the hide matches the hole inside; unless your blades have taken quite a beating on the way through the skin, internal organs and tissues are just a whole lot easier to cut through than the hide, so the stretching effect is much lessened...

04-Jan-18
I’m on the QAD Exodus bandwagon too. Amazing heads. I like the swept version.

05-Jan-18
The fulls for me and my friends at the shop required a lot of tuning from our bows to get him to fly straight. The swept blades fly awesome right out of the package for us they are awesome heads and the only downside is some states do not allow them.

• Sitka Gear