cwater 11-Jan-18
Charlie Rehor 11-Jan-18
Dikndirt 11-Jan-18
ohiohunter 11-Jan-18
ground hunter 11-Jan-18
Charlie Rehor 11-Jan-18
Twinetickler 12-Jan-18
04-Jan-18
On another thread, folks mentioned their experience with Ramcats. I'd be curious about those that have used them on several game animals and their results. Gracias.

04-Jan-18
If you can get past dealing w/ the little screw and trying to fit them into a quiver then they are a wicked BH. Shot one bull, he barely made it 50yds. 30yd pass thru, I could literally hear each side being punctured. Pop Pop.

04-Jan-18
I've heard they are very accurate

04-Jan-18

ohiohunter's embedded Photo
ohiohunter's embedded Photo
Thats the exit side of the bull I shot, pretty good mess. If the sun hadn't set I would've gotten more pictures and inspected the wound more. Yes, they fly very well, the blades are thin, but not too thin, they are basically exacto razor blades which I feel minimizes planing.

04-Jan-18
Killed a few things with them this year. Fly well. Good blood trails. Only criticism would be the thin blades. They're in my top 3-5 fixed heads

05-Jan-18
I used ramcats for the first time this year. I was very happy with them. Great flight, great penetration, great wound channels. I will be using them again.

05-Jan-18
I used them one season and harvested a doe, she dropped 20 yards from the spot of the shot. Don't use them anymore because of the little screws and the blades loosened up on me all the time. PIA.........

08-Jan-18
Killed an antelope last year with a Ramcat....incredible sound at the hit. Buck went 30 yds. Hesitant to use them on elk due to the skinny blades.

09-Jan-18
My fiance has killed one bull and one cow elk and a nice mulie buck with ramcats. She is absolutely deadly out to 50 yards and the ramcats work great!

09-Jan-18
No doubt ramcat is a lethal head for sure and fly very well!!! The screw can get annoying and the blades are a bit on the thin side. I prefer the QAD EXODUS swept blade over the ramcat. It's a more rigid design and without the screw .

10-Jan-18
they fly great but the blades break on thick bones.use loctite on the screw

11-Jan-18
Thanks for the help. Mucho appreciado.

11-Jan-18
they are way more trouble then they are worth. lots of better qauality choices out there.

11-Jan-18
Decent broadhead, killed my deer with it this year and did the job... but their customer service is PISS POOR, maybe even worse than that....

11-Jan-18
I have had terrific experience with these heads but I’ve only killed about 15 animals so far. I like the 1 3/8” inch, three blade cut on the 100 grain heads. No issues with me on screws and the blades are not thin they are tapered. Flight is excellent. C

11-Jan-18
My local Wal-Mart just put Ramcats on closeout for 21.00 a three pak...I think I will grab remaining inventory.

11-Jan-18
My only experience w/ their customer service was good. I had asked them about the screw, they claimed to redesign something and sent me a pack of screws and replacement blades for free.

11-Jan-18
Okay I got them when they first came out..... I loved them, but like anything you have quirks,,,,,,,,, I did bend some blade ends, trying to put them in my quiver,,,,,,They are quiver specific........ when it came out, I bought the ram cat quiver, it was machined, and not cheap, about 100.00, but it was specifically made for that head,,,,,,

It was too heavy for my compound, at least that is what I thought, I did not like the balance, but it made a great hip quiver on my belt, because of its design, it allowed my belt to slip thru......

I understand that now, they make a cheaper and lighter quiver,,,,,,,,,

as for the head itself. I never had problems with the screw,,,, it is 1/16th hundred in size, so if you are going to change blades out, magnetize your allen wrench, and you will not drop the screw.....

the blades are sharp on both sides, and it does a lot of damage, my shots have all been pass thrus, but if the head is inside, and worked out, the blades will fall forward, for more damage, they say,,, I do not know, as it has gone thru everything, I have shot at

Testing it out on the range, out of a 55 lb Hoyt CS I shot consistently at 70 yards,,,, I shoot 4 2 1/2 inch fusions, for vanes......

I shot a ram with it. First shot was 25 yards, forgot to use the lighted nock, went thru so fast, and hit a rock, I thought I missed. Ram is hunched up, going down a trail, hurt but up..... next shot was 42 yards, now with lighted nock,,, went thru the right rear quarter, thru the body, and out the left shoulder, and the arrow went into the abyss

I can only say, some guys have used the Tight Spot quiver with them also, Only other head, which in my opinion is equal or better is the 125 grain Wasp Boss SST, which I also use, and love...........

good luck hope I helped

11-Jan-18
I use my TightSpot, 5 arrow Quiver and load three Ramcat heads in the center three slots and two other heads on the two remaining outside arrow slots. Works fine! Have been very impressed by the bone breaking ability. I had one blade bend on my Mulie but never had a blade break. But i’ll Repeat only 15 animals killed so far.

12-Jan-18
Just saw Wally World had these on clearance down to $21 a 3 pack. Are they worth $7 a piece?

• Sitka Gear