kscowboy 08-Jan-18
njbuck 08-Jan-18
Ken Moody Safaris 08-Jan-18
APauls 08-Jan-18
Ken Moody Safaris 08-Jan-18
05-Jan-18

Ken Moody Safaris's embedded Photo
We've just been exclusively offered two non-exportable elephant to hunt on an area of 22,500 acres adjacent to Kruger National Park that is experiencing significant food source damage due to the over abundance of elephant there. This is a rifle hunt only and no part of the animal may be exported.

FACT: The elephant currently residing on this property are consuming around 1,250,000 pounds of food per week! This extreme food source consumption is obviously having a negative impact on all the other species equally dependent on that same food.

We have until Monday to book both of these elephant hunts or they will be offered up to other removal options. This five day rifle hunt is being offered for $14,500 and includes trophy fee for an elephant up to 30lbs (non export), airport pick up and return, professional hunter and tracker, accommodations, meals, and drinks.

Please PM here or email me at [email protected] for further info.

05-Jan-18
#fakenews

According to USHS, elephants are extinct!

06-Jan-18
Thanks but both of these hunts have now been booked.

06-Jan-18
Good for you guys. If you do a hunt like this, will you maybe ever get your tusks?

06-Jan-18
No, these are non exportable hunts. We are hunting exportable elephant as well. It’s $650 per day plus 35k on the trophy fee. You can see the pricing for export v. non export is substantially different as the export permit availability is very limited.

06-Jan-18
Thx for the info!

06-Jan-18
Are those rifle only, as well?

06-Jan-18
Yes, in SA it’s a rifle hunt only.

06-Jan-18

Of the nine exportable elephant hunts that were available there are five remaining and I’m quite confident I’ll book another tomorrow. If anyone is interested please PM here and I’ll fill you in.

07-Jan-18

We just booked one of the remaining elephant hunts. We have four remaining.

07-Jan-18
Rich, That is what the HSUS is all about, Lies. They Lie to people to get there donations. And very little of the money is spent on animals of any kind. I could say a lot more but will stop here.

07-Jan-18
I'm not trying to start an argument or anything but why would anyone want to shoot an elephant if you cant bring anything back? I understand these are nuisance animals but spending 14,500 just to get your picture taken with a dead elephant seems crazy. Again I'm not trying to start an argument I'm just curious. I really don't care what other people do with their money. If someone wants to do this I have no problem at all, just something I wouldn't do.

07-Jan-18
Sean, read a few of the classic elephant hunting books.

It’s not what you might think it is .

Hard , dangerous hunting... it would be the experience of a lifetime

07-Jan-18
You’re paying for a hunt not a “shoot” and a photograph. Hunting elephant is physically demanding, exciting, and very dangerous. It’s an experience like nothing else. One hunts elephant to have hunted elephant. I’ve hunted 120 elephant and around 300 wild Buffalo with clients. Both of these species are far and above the most exciting to pursue.

The non-exportable hunts are all booked. We are now booking exportable hunts. Having booked one today we have only four exportable elephant hunts left @ $650 per day, 7 day minimum, 35k trophy fee.

07-Jan-18
Heck yea it would be the experience of a lifetime. I get that your paying for the hunt , but I just think its crazy! JMO!

08-Jan-18
Maybe I'm different but I wouldn't even want the Elephant mount, where the hell would you put it? Doubt I ever pull the trigger on an elephant hunt, but if I did you can bet your behind it would be non exportable for the price difference! All hunting for me is for the experience, not some taxidermy collecting dust down the road.

08-Jan-18
Apparently you didn't read my first post ohiohunter! I'm not bashing anything. I asked a question and said I had no problem with it but was something I wouldn't spend my money on. Whats sad is some of the freakin drama queens on here.

08-Jan-18
LOL OK!

08-Jan-18
If I paid for that hunt I wouldn't even want to export a single piece. I'd be paying for the experience of hunting elephant in Africa which would be an awesome experience I'm sure. Cool deal, congrats on your bookings. I'm curious Ken - did you fill the spots from bowsite members?

08-Jan-18
Exportable or not, IMO this hunt would be all about testing your nerve the few seconds before and just after the shot. Elephants still manage to get even with quite a few careless PHs and hunters, don't they? Probably not for me ... I might end up being like the lion hunter in Hemingway's "Short Happy Life of Francis Macomber" and just turn and run away ... at least the first time.

08-Jan-18
Some of you are displaying your ignorance on this subject. You can always get replica tusks, should you wish to "bring your trophy home."

If it was exportable, 99% of hunters don't do an elephant mount. There are tasteful ways to display the tusks, use a tanned ear for a painted map of Africa to hang on the wall, get bracelets made from the hair, use the feet for stools, use the jaw/teeth to make bookends, and get leather for boots and other leather goods.

08-Jan-18
I would love to be able to bowhunt elephant and if I do I am sure I would just go with the non importable hunt to save tremendous amounts of money and would get a replica of the tusks or whatever else I wanted.

08-Jan-18
Our elephant bookings have come from other than Bowsite sources. Bowhunting elephant in South Africa is not legal at this time so it’s rifle only.

We have booked Bowsiters to hunt our luxury lodge in the North West Province. The packages we have on offer there are a superb value, especially Package #1. Our Sable pricing there has also been dramatically reduced due to number we need to remove.

08-Jan-18
Thanks for the response Ken. I wouldn't doubt bowsiters booking a rifle hunt. Your response was just so quick I was curious if bowsite had that kind of power that you posted on here and both hunts were booked within the day.

08-Jan-18
We use multiple marketing platforms.

• Sitka Gear