Z Barebow 08-Jan-18
md5252 08-Jan-18
njbuck 08-Jan-18
oldgoat 08-Jan-18
07-Jan-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

midwest's Link
"Well, it looks like I'll have an opportunity to "make a difference". I know many of my followers are passionate about hunting, politics and public lands. As am I. Because of my passions I've taken a more active role in representing not only myself, but also those who share my interests/concerns. I'm not a life long politician, I don't come from wealth and I wasn't highly educated at one of the finest universities. In fact, I grew up in a small town where many worked in the woods as loggers, graduated from a class of 28 and bounced around for years from a couple Oregon colleges until I ran out of money. In short I'm your average American but social media has given all of us a voice we haven't had in the past. I've tried to take advantage of that voice by working for opportunities to make an even greater impact. In that regard, with this appointment by @repryanzinke I've been given the chance I've been working towards. I'm proud to have been chosen for this council and it's with a feeling of honor and responsibility that I'll do my very best representing hunters like me. Lastly, I know this was process and the vision Secretary Zinke has easily could have moved forward without me. I'm not that special. But for whatever reason this new administration (with the previous administration I wouldn't envision a bowhunter from Nowhere, Oregon being selected for anything) seems to have a different mindset. As a result I've been selected for this council and I'm thankful to @realdonaldtrump @repryanzinke and @donaldjtrumpjr for the opportunity. I'll admit up front, I'm not always that polished or proper but I'm always honest and work hard."

Explanation and duties of the Council at my link...

07-Jan-18
An American tale! See what happens when you just work hard!

07-Jan-18
Another forum attempts to discredit Zinke as much as possible, most recently, about monument reduction.

Wonder how that crowd will process this...

07-Jan-18
YAY more 100+ yard bow shots

07-Jan-18
Great post, lou sckaunt. WTF are you talking about?

07-Jan-18
That's fantastic!

07-Jan-18
Fabulous.Screw the other forum and the losers on it. Now if the Donald can only get one more(hopefully two)Sup Ct appointments all will be worth it.(short of nuclear Armageddon)

07-Jan-18
Congrats on the appointment. Pray for wisdom, we should do the same for you.

Braver than most of us. Politics is not for thin skinned folks.

07-Jan-18
Awesome! Congratulations Cameron Hanes!

Definitely a great spokesperson for all outdoorsmen and women! Expect great things from Zinke and Cameron.

Maybe we will see an opening up of Monuments and National Parks for hunting!

07-Jan-18
Just when I thought all hope was lost.

07-Jan-18
"Screw the other forum and the losers on it"

I say that because they act like a bunch of Mary's on many things...

07-Jan-18
That is AWESOME. Not a BETTER guy could he have picked then Cam.

Zinke is doing a great job. Now, if he can get congress to revise the national monument management plans that doesn't allow hunting, hunters will be huge winners here. Who'd thunk it after listening to the political puppets talk about Zinke? :^)

07-Jan-18
This is great for bowhunting and all things outdoors :) Congrats Cam!

07-Jan-18
Sounds like a great step forward!

07-Jan-18
Give Zinke a chance to prove himself, same for Trump.

07-Jan-18
So far, so good Missouri... And getting better:)

07-Jan-18
Great to see the recognition and Cam is good representative for us and harder than woodpecker lips as Elk Reaper would say. ;^)

07-Jan-18
This should be a good move for all hunting in general. Congrats Cam!

07-Jan-18
Internation wildlife conservation council so what's their mandate . Anybody else actually read it.

07-Jan-18
The duties of the Council will be solely advisory and will include, but not be limited to:

•Develop a plan for public engagement and education on the benefits of international hunting.

•Review and make recommendations for changes, when needed, on all Federal programs, and/or regulations, to ensure support of hunting as:

An enhancement to foreign wildlife conservation and survival;

An effective tool to combat illegal trafficking and poaching;

An economic engine and job-creating force for local communities.

•Develop strategies to benefit the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service’s permit office in receiving timely country data and information so as to remove barriers that impact consulting with range states.

•Recommend removal of barriers to the importation into the United States of legally hunted wildlife.

•Ongoing review of import suspension/bans and provide recommendations that seek to resume the legal trade of those items, where appropriate.

•Review seizure and forfeiture actions/practices and provide recommendations to regulations that will lead to a reduction of unwarranted actions.

•Review the Endangered Species Act’s foreign listed species and interaction with the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna, with the goal of eliminating regulatory duplications.

•Recommend streamlining/expedite process of import permits.

07-Jan-18
While there are some jealous haters of Cam out there he is and always has been 100% for the people. Your average hunter can’t get a better representation.

07-Jan-18
Couldn't get better representation! Congrats!

07-Jan-18
I'm not a raving fan of Cameron Hanes (or many other individuals just to be clear), but I do not see a downside to this. Dedication is in his DNA it seems to me.

07-Jan-18
A great representative for all hunters interests!

07-Jan-18
Does anyone have insight as to what qualifies Cam for this appointment?

07-Jan-18
Just being a hunter is more qualification than many of these appointees often times have, ie: California's Fish and Wildlife Commission. Most often times, appointments are purely based on the person's politics and connections. In CA at least, how you vote and who you know are far more important than knowing jack or squat about wildlife conservation.

07-Jan-18
IKE X 2

07-Jan-18
Ike x3. Our commission members are usually apponted as payback for campaign support and mostly has nothing to do with their knowledge of wildlife. We even had an anti on the board under Ann Richards (D).

07-Jan-18
So very true.

07-Jan-18
Have no idea who he is but having a hunter appointed can't be bad.

07-Jan-18
Give the guy a chance. He is one of us.

07-Jan-18
Congrats, This is positive change for the Hunting Community. If you get to Washington Woop Some Ass..

07-Jan-18
Hopefully, some guys will get to bring home their Polar Bear hides

07-Jan-18
I, too, don't know who Cameron Hanes is or what he is qualified to do. As for the International Wildlife Conservation Council, it's hard for me to tell what it really stands for, exactly why it's needed, and what they intend to accomplish. Yes, I read the Link. Given the current administration's reluctance to rely on objective and real science to solve anything, I'm skeptical as to the motives and necessity of such a council.

07-Jan-18
They are going to use you and your name. Be vigilant.

Sorry, but that’s my opinion. This man and this administration are not friendly to public land ownership or access. Their agenda is to get public lands in the hands of private folks.

07-Jan-18
Ya and maybe they will get the BC grizz hunt back !

07-Jan-18
Looking forward to better access to hunting on federal lands for nonresidents.

08-Jan-18
Congratulations to Cam and to Zinke for selecting a bowhunter!

Dutch oven, "Given the current administration's reluctance to rely on objective and real science to solve anything, I'm skeptical as to the motives and necessity of such a council." I am skeptical of the real science that the last administration used and the anti hunter movement is an emotionally charged issue that is underpinned with hardly any biological principles or as you speak of "real science".

Regardless of your thoughts on Cam but his being a celebrity, ultra athlete, and a dyed in the wool bowhunter will bring a great deal of credibility to the position. It is one thing to name someone but if they do not bring some level of success with them their voice will not carry any weight with the stiff collars. Politicians and bureaucrats are all about keeping score and success is the common denominator.

Hunters are a dying breed so the constant bickering amongst ourselves only weakens the collective voice. One thing that I guarantee is that the liberal tree hugging anti hunter is not going to undermine the efforts of their own ilk. The libtards fly under the "all for one one for all' mantra. No matter how senseless a group or issue is they roll it under the banner of progressive all the way to the ballot boxes. Hell, I am still amazed that we have both Democrats and Republicans on this site but I try to keep it to myself!

It amazes me even more the level of jealousy and insecurity that I see here amongst a group that possess a common shared interest that we would question one of our own being selected for such an important position.

08-Jan-18
Good post pig sticker.

08-Jan-18
Congrats to Cam, but I have to confess that I was pulling for Lefemine. In any event, in view of the list of duties outlined above, I have two words for the Council: POLAR BEAR

08-Jan-18
"It amazes me even more the level of jealousy and insecurity that I see here amongst a group that possess a common shared interest that we would question one of our own being selected for such an important position." Took the words right out of my mouth. Good luck Cam,do use proud.

08-Jan-18
Like crabs in a bucket!

08-Jan-18
I don't see how this could be anything but positive. Keep Hammering! (But also "get close"...)

08-Jan-18
X-2 Pig sticker.

08-Jan-18
Congrats Cam!

IMHO, there is no one that could better represent us bowhunters on this Council. He's willing to make a stand and back it up with scientific fact!

Mak

08-Jan-18
I personally am not from the US and I also have nothing against this Cameron R. Hanes. My question was about their duties. There has been alot of press recently about International hunting and whether certain animals should be hunted and if they are hunted should the import of their hides etc be allowed. I believe that your president was going to reverse a ban but then put it on hold pending review. It would seem that this council was put in place to deal with this. To be able to provide some facts and direction should something like this come again. Am I wrong. I don't believe that this has anything to do with hunting in the US in general just for those that wish to hunt Internationally and return with their trophy. I could be wrong am I ? Not saying its good or bad just interested to know.

08-Jan-18
I should add that I think that it is a good thing when an actual hunter is appointed to one of these councils even if he is a celebity hunter LOL

08-Jan-18
No. You aren’t/weren’t wrong. But, as you’ve and most here has said, international hunting has become very political. So, it’s important to have not only a great spokesperson and hunter appointed to these positions, it’s important that they be accepted as credible among those they will share the negotiation table with.

Cam is a down to earth credible guy. He’s someone you take serious due to his personal accomplishments. The fact he is a well known and accepted hunter as well, surely will go a long way with peer review of these subjects. It’s a win-win for all of hunting.

I understand it gets confusing seeing political puppets act as they do. Some people simply allow politics to ruin their common sense. You gotta wade through that on these type threads. No matter the good they propose, it always brings critisicm from those types.

08-Jan-18
I applaud the appointment. I have met Cam and followed him over the years. Commitment is a trait which transcends subject matter. If folks have not figured out, he doesn't do things half assed. As far as experience in this type of position, everyone is new at some time. Good luck!

08-Jan-18
This is nothing more than an attempt to appease hunters who are critical of Trump/Zinkes policies towards public land, environmental issues, etc.. This is not the first time the WH has done it.

I do hope Cam can have a real influence on policies with regard to hunting land and environmental issues but that remains to be seen.

Just my opinion

08-Jan-18
I believe this to be great news. I am sure that Cam will give it 110% like he does with everything else in his life. I wish him the best of luck.

08-Jan-18
Glad I finally read this, I read Zinke in the thread title the other day and the only thing that came to mind was the Zinke Avian X decoy company. This is good news!

• Sitka Gear