Bowriter 08-Jan-18
Bill Obeid 08-Jan-18
Nesser 08-Jan-18
Steve Leffler 08-Jan-18
Zim 08-Jan-18
Keith in colorado 09-Jan-18
leftee 09-Jan-18
08-Jan-18
Any landowners out there using trail cameras to help with managing trespassing? We just had major incident this week and need a solution...would love to use a model that sends pics instantly but cell service is marginal. Let me know if anyone is having decent luck with anything. Thanks!

08-Jan-18
Yes, everyone up in Crystal Lakes where I live is using cameras since a string of break-ins, vandalism and trespassing occurred a couple years ago. Now when someone gets photos they either put it on Next door social media site for the area, or to the Sheriff if warranted. We've basically eliminated break-ins and have identified and dealt with a number of trespassers.

Couple things - a cheap camera in a tree aimed down to "watch" your primary camera is good. Also, it helps to have black LEDs if you have a problem after dark. I put up yellow signs saying "Smile, you're on camera ?".

08-Jan-18
Look at Buckeye cams. They send signals directly to your computer, but it is line of sight not cellular. Pitures are instantly sent. You can set up a system where the pictures are sent to a secure website and you can access the website through the internet from anywhere in the world.

08-Jan-18
Bushnell cams I use have worked great with cell options and are reasonably priced.

08-Jan-18
String of car breakins in our neighborhood total stopped with cameras...and a shotgun wielding neighbor. Two caught and awaiting trial. Both juveniles 16&17.

08-Jan-18
Yes. I use them with success. Repeat trespasser was driving me crazy. I’d caught him physically twice but when I got him on camera the state troopers were happy to serve him a surprisingly hefty fine.

Problem solved. And this season I had bucks feeding in my field during Buck season! Only 40 acres , so that was huge in getting my property ‘s deer on an unpressured feeding pattern.

If I have old broken cameras I set those out also ... just over my property lines where they are visible. Just as a deterrent.

08-Jan-18
All great ideas thanks boys!

08-Jan-18
I had someone driving a 4X4 on my property and caught them on a trail cam with the license plate. They had really torn up one of my plots. After sharing the pic with license plate with the police it was quickly resolved. Without the cam I never could have stopped them.

08-Jan-18

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
x2 on the Bushnells. I have the HD Aggressor Wireless ($280 on Amazon right now) and used it this past fall on my family's farm in Ohio (I live in Chicago). I'll post 2 pics so you can see what you're getting - the first is a standard resolution nightime pic of a coyote and the 2nd is a daytime pic of a buck where I downloaded the high res image. While the cellular service offers thumbnails they are low resolution unless you opt to download a limited number of high res photos. Note, the camera is a 14mgp camera and the images saved to the memory card are high res, however they upload lower resolution images to the server/website. If you decide to get one I would opt for a longer warranty as well.

One last point, I used the AT&T network and in this particular area the reception was typically 3 out of 5 bars most times and the camera seemed to not have a meaningful delay. Reception in your anticipated area of deployment will be something to test before hand.

09-Jan-18
If you have power also look at Arlo cameras. I have a buddy that I was with at a wedding in texas last weekend and he was getting pics and video texted to him whenever there was movement on his land, turned out to me a mountain lion and her 3 cubs!

09-Jan-18
Spartan black outs work great.When gone,we know anything/anyone near our buildings. Marginal signal works here in rural SoDak and rural Ks.Verizon.$5 a month.

• Sitka Gear