ELKMAN 13-Jan-18
Kevin @ Wisconsin 13-Jan-18
midwest 13-Jan-18
drycreek 13-Jan-18
Glunt@work 13-Jan-18
11-Jan-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
John Dudley at the ATA show. This seems to be a much better design than the Garmin.

Uses a laser to line up with your top pin so you can use the top pin for lining up the rangefinder. Draw your bow, put your top pin on the target to read the range, use the correct pin. Continuous reading of the range.

11-Jan-18
How wonderful!

11-Jan-18
Good idea but the engineers should find a way to move the electronics out of the sight housing. It blocks precious view field just like a rear view mirror on a Tacoma 2014 truck.

12-Jan-18
I also don't like how the read out is in the sight window.

12-Jan-18
I find it odd that it's by IQ but doesn't have the Retina Lock?! I love my Retina Lock.

12-Jan-18
Looks like they may have done a good job on this one though.

12-Jan-18
You mean another rangefinder sight thread lol. This is the 3rd one on this.

12-Jan-18

smarba's Link
Destroyer350: the other 2 rangefinder threads are for the Garmin, this is IQ.

Leupold presented the Vendetta 7 or 8 years ago. It doesn't appear as streamlined as either the Garmin or IQ, but rangefinder bow sights have been around for quite some time.

Here's an Bowsite discussion about it back from 2010, including a prophetic quote from Kevin Dill back on 24-Aug-10

"It's only a matter of time. Somebody will invent a site that computes range to target, automatically compensates the dot/reticle/etc for distance...and suddenly you're just a trigger-man.

We've convinced our states to allow a majority of tech devices over the years. The end is nowhere in sight. How much possible fun is there in using a device that removes as much of the human element as possible from hunting? We're definitely engineering bowhunting toward "electronic termination". "

13-Jan-18
Agreed-^^^ ___ When is "enough"... "enough" for some guys to be successful?

13-Jan-18
Well at least this one ONLY retails for $380.

13-Jan-18
Knowing the yardage has never helped me shoot better. My self imposed maximum range is still my maximum range regardless if I have the rangefinder mounted on my bow or someone next to me giving me the range.

13-Jan-18
midwest X2

13-Jan-18
Where I live, competition for tags, land access, crowding and constant fighting to keep what we have for season days and opportunities are the big problems bowhunting faces. Any products at the show this year that might help with that?

• Sitka Gear