Mark Watkins 16-Jan-18
Zackman 16-Jan-18
Tradmike 16-Jan-18
WRO 17-Jan-18
Mad Trapper 17-Jan-18
Ollie 17-Jan-18
Bigpizzaman 17-Jan-18
14-Jan-18
Want to do a dall sheep hunt in Alaska. Looking for any referrals.

Anyone ever hunt with Dillinger River Outfitters, Alaska Summit or Vast Alaska?

Thanks for any help or suggestions. I have been scouring our own Outfitter Reports here on bowsite.

14-Jan-18
If you check the P&Y Club archery entries you will see that more entries come from the NWT than Alaska. That’s the main reason I chose Nahanni Butte when I went. Good luck! C

14-Jan-18
Yes on Alaska Summit. You are welcome to PM me for my phone number. I got a rifle ram with Scott in 2013. I would recommend him.

14-Jan-18

kscowboy's Link
This link will answer your Dillinger River Outfitters inquiry.

14-Jan-18
KS, thx!

Saw them at ISE yesterday and offered me a $1,000 off to book now (yesterday). I told them no thanks b/c I had to do my research. I luv it when I use that ugly thing between my shoulders!

14-Jan-18
I would suggest NWT over Alaska! In NWT you will be the only hunter for hundreds of miles. In Alaska there is the chance that other hunters are in just about every drainage!

14-Jan-18
Don't know anything about Dillinger but i did talk to them at the ISE show in Denver. One thing I didn't care for is the number of sheep they take each year. sounded like they continually kill nice rams but still, that's a lot of rams each year. The Tom Shankster thread said they had purchased his outfit; don't know if that's true or not.

14-Jan-18
Get a hold of Jake Jefferson at Black River Hunting Camps....he`s on a Alaska website which slips my mind at the moment but people on here refer to it time to time....he goes by BRWNBR. He`s the owner and guide....real straight shooter....religious family man. Younger guy that is highly successful. Hunted Grizz. with him years back.

14-Jan-18
Jonah Stewart in Alaska!

14-Jan-18
Thx guys!

15-Jan-18

elkmo's embedded Photo
elkmo's embedded Photo
I will second Jake Jefferson with Black River Hunting Camps...

15-Jan-18
Pm BIGPIZZAMAN. He just completed his sheep slam.

15-Jan-18
Whatever you do DON'T use a guy out of Palmer named Gary Munoz.

15-Jan-18
I'll also vouch for Black River and Jake. I'm from Alaska but have never hunted with Jake, but he is commonly on the Alaska outdoor forum and super helpful guy. Every review from his clients on there said he is a super hard working guy and knows his business. He is a one man shop, so you will be hunting with him if you book. Plus, he lives right here in Alaska--unlike a bulk of the guides/assistant guides who ware here for a few weeks then go back to Lower 48.

15-Jan-18

Bowboy's Link
Freelance Outdoors is a good outfit.

15-Jan-18
Thx guys!

15-Jan-18
braun kopsack worthy of looking at also

16-Jan-18
X2 Bowboy

16-Jan-18
Lance only has draw areas for sheep, and if you didn’t apply in Dec you are out of luck for 2018.

I went with Aaron Bloomquist in 2017, shot a heck of a ram with. rifle.

My hats off to all of you guys that have ever killednine with a bow. I have killed 5 rams and every single one I look back on and tell myself that with a bow I would likely have 0.

16-Jan-18
I've bowhunted sheep in Alaska, NWT and BC. If you have a goal of killing a Dall with a bow, NWT will be more expensive but much higher odds (statistical and real) than AK unless you draw one of two coveted tags.

PM me for more details.

Mark

16-Jan-18
I agree with Mark. If I were just interested in hunting Dall sheep, and a rifle was ok, I would absolutely go to AK. I was only going to bowhunt on my Dall hunt, so I went to NWT and did not regret it one bit

16-Jan-18
X2 for Jonah's Alaskan Adventures (Jonah Stewart)

17-Jan-18
Alaska Outfitters unlimited with Aron Bloomquist could be another option.

17-Jan-18
What Mark W and Zackman said x 2. Not to dis AK, but it is not even a close call. Depends what your goal is.

17-Jan-18
I agree with those who say that your chances of killing a nice ram are probably better in the NWT than Alaska. You will also pay more for a hunt in the NWT. But what is cheaper, 2-3 hunts to AK to kill a ram or one hunt to the NWT?

17-Jan-18

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Coke Wallace in Healy, usually 100% (rifle) Bow is tough in Alaska but do-able.

• Sitka Gear