SBH 16-Jan-18
bdfrd24v 17-Jan-18
Franklin 17-Jan-18
Doubleforky 17-Jan-18
ELKMAN 17-Jan-18
longspeak74 17-Jan-18
sticksender 17-Jan-18
16-Jan-18
Thinking about picking up a Pro Defiant. Any thoughts, pro or con? Currently shooting an older Prime (2015). Thanks!

16-Jan-18
You will love the bow. It's an awesome ride. DFX cam is sweet.

16-Jan-18
My local shop just became a Hoyt dealer. They've been trying to talk me into a Halon as they've been a Mathews dealer forever.

16-Jan-18
I ended up with a Carbon Defiant but the Pro was an amazing bow. You will not be sorry. Smooth shooting bow.

16-Jan-18
I do like the fact of changing DL without changing mods/cams.

16-Jan-18
It's a great bow for sure, very smooth and forgiving hunting bow with plenty of speed.

As noted, the DFX cam is excellent.

Shoot the bows and let them pick you....you cant go wrong!

Mark

16-Jan-18

skipmaster1's embedded Photo
skipmaster1's embedded Photo
I bought the pro defiant 34 last summer. It shoots lights out! This picture my walk back check at 3 yards and 75 yards.

16-Jan-18
Really liking mine as well...Haven’t been a short ATA guy, always shooting 32/33” ATA bows, but as advertised, the 31 holds and shoots like a longer ATA bow...Smooth and plenty fast...

16-Jan-18
Good bow for sure.

Pick one up new in box on Ebay for about $700 if you spend a little time looking.

Heck, I just picked a new carbon defiant for 786 a couple months ago

16-Jan-18
"Currently shooting an older Prime (2015)"

If 2015 is an older bow, mine is ancient. I'm sure its a good bow. Go shoot one and see for yourself. Hoyt is a solid company, if you shoot it and like it, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

17-Jan-18
It's a great bow. Love the dfx cam as others have said.

It's a real killer!

17-Jan-18
I was looking into one myself....after I had my neck fusion I am having trouble getting on my peep without some discomfort. I saw something about the cams..... that the string at draw is like a much longer bow.

17-Jan-18
I just got a brand new carbon defiant for $741 on eBay a couple weeks ago

17-Jan-18
Very nice bows, smooth on the draw, and easy to shoot and tune. I wouldn't pay anymore than $600 for the Pro when you look at what you can get the carbon for right now. And just a heads up: As nice as the PD is, it's now where close to the new RX line in technology.

17-Jan-18
Thanks for all the feedback guys. Will be making a trip to the shop this weekend to shoot one...

17-Jan-18
You should also shoot some newer and older Hoyt models besides Defiant, to compare the feel of the draw cycle. You may or may not prefer something else. For myself the Defiant is one of the stiffest and least comfortable to draw of the late model Hoyts. Others seem to like their's. Just a suggestion.

• Sitka Gear