BOWNBIRDHNTR 17-Jan-18
Beav 17-Jan-18
buzz mc 17-Jan-18
MathewsMan 17-Jan-18
Scar Finga 17-Jan-18
Knight Archer 17-Jan-18
Ward's Outfitters 10-Feb-18
16-Jan-18
So I went on my guided hunt with Wards Outfitters this past week, and I must say that this is probably the best hunt I have ever been on! I saw 9-15 bucks a day and probably 20-30 does a day. My guide John Hedges is the man! His knowledge of the area and glassing ability is awesome! I learned a ton about these deer in the week I spent running and gunning with him! Billy Gonzalez, the other guide in camp is a deer finding machine, and I truly enjoyed his company and assistance on this hunt! Both Guides are animals and will work their butts off for you! This is the way a guided hunt should be! We stayed at the Dream Catcher, and I must say that John and Julia the owners are absolutely wonderful people! Deer Camp has never been so good! The accommodations were incredible as was the four course meals served on a nightly bases:) Yummy is an understatement! I think I gained weight on this hunt! The other Bowsiters in camp were very enjoyable! Bernie is an inspiration and a wonderful gentlemen to say the least! I so enjoyed the entire experience! I would definitely go back and hunt with John or Billy! I will add a few pictures and further details tomorrow. No, I didn't kill, but I was very successful on this hunt. I had multiple opportunities for smaller bucks, but I was after a nice deer 80 plus inches was about my minimum and I had opportunities on a 98-100" buck and a 85-90" buck! We just couldn't get er done. The wind and warm weather were a constant factor on this hunt and I feel the guides did the best they could for all of us. Travis, Trevor and Bernie can post the details of their hunts if they choose to.

God Bless, and I will post more and a few pictures tomorrow.

16-Jan-18
Thanks Mark! I love to find deer and work my butt off to please hunters! It was a great time hope to do it again!! Billy Gonzales

16-Jan-18
Billy, You rock brother! Thanks for the great memories and the incredible stock on that big buck! What a blast!

16-Jan-18
Double Post:/

16-Jan-18
Bring on the pictures...That is a great camp!

16-Jan-18
I will second your thoughts on the guides working their butts off, except I was in Mexico at the same time with different guides. I don’t think Steven has any bad guides!

16-Jan-18

TravisScott's embedded Photo
I’ll tag on to this one. Mark pretty much said it all. Great operation and great guides for sure. Billy has got finding these deer down to an art form. Trevor and I pretty much were just there to keep him company as he found them. I was lucky enough to connect on day two of the hunt with a great buck. I can’t thank wards and billy enough. Definitely a trip worth taking.

16-Jan-18

16-Jan-18
Congrats again Travis!!! And crew in a fun hunt!

16-Jan-18
Congrats guys!

16-Jan-18
Johns a hell of a nice guy!!!

16-Jan-18
Congrats on a nice buck!! Steven ward has the coues deer thing dialed in ,I wish all outfitters we're as standup as Steven is. Never an easy hunt and if ya go ya better be in shape!! Incredible country and brutal if one isn't prepared for it. If all goes according to plan I will be in those same mountains in a couple weeks . No weapon in hand , just a midwinter escape for a few days. Look forward to more pics from your trip!

17-Jan-18
Thanks for coming out! Was a great time for sure!

17-Jan-18
Congrats Travis!

17-Jan-18

Scar Finga's embedded Photo
The Rooms are very, very nice!
The Rooms are very, very nice!

17-Jan-18

From the left, John, Billy, Travis, Bernie and Trevor. A great group of guys!
From the left, John, Billy, Travis, Bernie and Trevor. A great group of guys!

17-Jan-18

17-Jan-18

17-Jan-18

17-Jan-18

17-Jan-18

This is huge country and it is very steep and rocky. The pictures don't do it justice.
This is huge country and it is very steep and rocky. The pictures don't do it justice.

17-Jan-18

This is John Hedges... On the phone, again, I shall call him Text Master:) LOL! John is a great guy and guide!
This is John Hedges... On the phone, again, I shall call him Text Master:) LOL! John is a great guy and guide!

17-Jan-18
I am sooooo sorry you guys had to rough it when you got back to camp. Neat hunt for sure and thanks for sharing. my best, Paul

17-Jan-18

17-Jan-18
I did that same hunt with Steven seven or eight years ago and really enjoyed it. Glad to see that it's still going well. And the accommodations were the best I've ever had on a hunt. (Sure beats sleeping in the bed of my Ranger!)

17-Jan-18
Yes it does BTM! Paul, it was absolutely horrible back at camp!

17-Jan-18

17-Jan-18

17-Jan-18
So that is it for my pictures, I was actually to busy hunting to take a lot of pictures. I sure had a great time!

17-Jan-18
Did that same hunt with Steven a few years ago but the late summer season...much prefer the January (rut) season there. Did you hunt mostly the Chiricahuas or did you pop over to the Dragoons as well? Fun hunt and great outfit!

17-Jan-18
Scar, congrats on a great hunt and thanks for sharing!

I was there just last summer (see First Coues Deer Hunt thread). The hunt is very challenging but Steven and his guides know what they are doing and how to spot deer! I also didn't kill but that was totally on me. I missed a 109" buck (killed later with a rifle during youth season), came close on a couple 90+" bucks and passed on some smaller bucks.

I had no idea where I was staying until I showed up and never expected anything like the Dream Catcher! I only saw the Dream Catcher twice in the daylight, the day I arrived and the morning I left but it sure was nice knowing there was always a great breakfast and supper at ANY hour I was there. Can't wait to go back!

17-Jan-18
Looks like a cool hunt!

17-Jan-18
They treat you right at the Dream Catcher!!! It's not your typical camp food.

17-Jan-18
I stayed in the same room that you did in August.

17-Jan-18
Looking back through, I am not sure how the bear picture got in there. Not this hunt, but they are there!

17-Jan-18
That was also my room at the dream-catcher during a December 2010 bowhunt. I had a fun and successful hunt with Wards.

10-Feb-18
Mark glad you had a great time. Sorry i was o ly able to check in once in person. We will catch up when i ger home from mexico.

• Sitka Gear