Franklin 21-Jan-18
WV Mountaineer 21-Jan-18
Tonybear61 21-Jan-18
Bou'bound 21-Jan-18
Tonybear61 21-Jan-18
Tonybear61 21-Jan-18
Grubby 21-Jan-18
18-Jan-18
Been looking at tethers for my rangefinder, what do you use and why? Which have you used and dislike?

18-Jan-18
I use the Kuiu rangefinder pouch combined with their tether. Works awesome on my kuiu harness. One handed operation, silent, and secure.

18-Jan-18

Bake's Link
I like the FHF gear range finder pouch and the short tether.

I have it attached to my Kuiu bino harness. I zip tie it to the buckle on the right side of my harness so it doesn't move back and forth

18-Jan-18
I use the FHF range finder pouch and short tether like Bake but mine is hooked to an AGC bino pounch.

18-Jan-18
I carry mine in either my T-shirt pocket or a shirt pocket. That way it's always kept warm and dry. To secure it I loop it through a hole in the outer part of either the shirt or T-shirt. My T's are made with a hole just for this.

I used to do it with some Zeiss 10x minis. If I hadn't they would have been in the bottom of the Bering Sea a few dozen times.

18-Jan-18
Brotsky x2

18-Jan-18
FHF attached to KUIU bino holder

18-Jan-18
FHF tether to the FHF range finder case which sits on the FHF bino harness. On more than 1 occasion I just drop my range finder in the heat of the battle and shoot like that vs trying to stuff back in the case.

18-Jan-18
Alaska Guide Creations bino pouch with built in rangefinder pouch on the front with tether. Works great.

18-Jan-18

Scrappy's Link
Curly elastic shoe lace

18-Jan-18
A piece of para cord, looped over my neck. Long enough to tuck the range finder in my pocket when not in use, and still handy when needed.

Lots of colors to choose from too :)

View post on imgur.com

View post on imgur.com

18-Jan-18
I use a KUIU bino harness with KUIU rangefinder pouch and the short tether. Mine is the older model that attaches to the side of the binos. My Leupold rx-1200i rangefinder fits the pouch perfect.

18-Jan-18
I have been running a elastic cord Cnelk style. It works pretty good. I’m going to try it attached to my bino harness with the curly shoe lace. They are about a buck on eBay.

18-Jan-18
Ohio, I have a Nikon rangefinder ArrowID 5000 I think is the model. Fits perfect. The pouch will stretch out a little with use. It was a tight fit initially but now it is perfect. The Sig kilo fits perfectly as well and so does the Leica's. Some other archer in my house commandeered the Sig from me so I get the old Nikon I guess. :)

18-Jan-18
I attached a small diameter “bungee” to my bino harness. One end is permanently attached to the case the other end is attached to a clip that allows the range finder to be disconnected.

18-Jan-18

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo

18-Jan-18
I wished either of my RF's had a belt clip. Would fit perfectly on the side of my harness.

18-Jan-18
Ohio... I attached the clip myself. Bought it online and used double sided tape

18-Jan-18
Shug, did your RF come with the clip? That seems about the handiest.

Wonder if a guy could find a donor clip and epoxy it on.

18-Jan-18
Ambush... Theclip.com

18-Jan-18
Pretty slick. Thank you!

18-Jan-18
Awesome, Shug, thanks!

18-Jan-18

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
Under threat of being accused of self aggrandizement for posting pics on an equipment thread, I’ll stick with selfies, but I think the pictures are beneficial because they show the equipment in use in a real hunting scenario. I use a Range Snap. I think it’s great. My LRF is always over my right nipple so I don’t have to look for it and if I need to crawl or am traveling, I can tuck it under my bino harness so it doesn’t hang.

18-Jan-18

18-Jan-18

Tucked for travel

18-Jan-18
Shug,

That is the same set up I run except mine hangs of the Kuiu bino.

DJ

18-Jan-18
Ike you are all set for sundown with the headlamp already on!

As per the rangefinder, mine lives in the shirt pocket of a Cabelas microtex regular or lightweight shirt with the factory tether around my neck. No extra anything. Seems to work fine for me.

18-Jan-18
This is what I use and really like it! http://www.jaciarchery.com/#2804

18-Jan-18
I use a loop of cord just large enough to go over my head and it hangs nicely on my chest just above my binos. Less movement to raise and lower than any other method I have seen and inexpensive. If I am really moving, I can tuck it under the strap on my bino harness to keep it from bouncing.

18-Jan-18
Kurt, that picture was taken a few minutes after first light. The phone camera made it look a lot lighter than it was. I didn't realize I still had my light on my head until I looked at the picture :)

19-Jan-18
I prefer good old parachute cord thank you

20-Jan-18
Check out the one from Outdoor Vision (www.outdoorvisiongear.com). They work very well, and less expensive for 2 than KUIU. Also connects right to their rangefinder pouch. (Full disclosure - I am affiliated). PM me and I'll get you a coupon code if interested.

20-Jan-18

20-Jan-18

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
I am with Brad and Matt on this one. I use a yellow para cord for good visibility and just loop it over the head and let it hang about waist high below the arm pit.

21-Jan-18
I attack a piece of cord to the range finder lanyard with a loop on the end....I run my belt through it and it sits in the right thigh pocket of my pants that I don`t close or button. Basically a thigh pouch.....more worried about losing it then movement.

My buddy has his taped to the head of his quiver.

21-Jan-18
Ohio, I used a piece of very small bungee type draw cord. have a marsupial ygear range finder pouch I use and hang it on the right side of my bono harness. The way the marsupial pouch is made, the buckle feeds through the belt pouch and keeps the range finder in place against the bino harness. I use an outdoor vision bunk harness for reference.

The elastic draw cord weighs nothing. Is only about 6 inches long. And doesn’t get in the way putting the rangefinder back up. Send me your address and I’ll send you a nice sized piece of it too. God Bless bro

21-Jan-18
Jager Meister badge holder/lanyard I got at a Octoberfest event. Kinda a luck charm for me. Long enough to pull up for viewing, tuck it inside clothing when needed. Also the strong clip lets you take it off if necessary.

21-Jan-18
does color matter do you guys think?

21-Jan-18
The Jager girl that gave it to me was wearing orange her friend and colleague was wearing black and orange, why would that matter???

21-Jan-18
This is the hunter's badge of glory, That he protect and tend his quarry, Hunt with honour, as is due, And through the beast to God is true

This is written in orange and green in the black lanyard so I guess its camo??

21-Jan-18
Bou, I recently switched from camo to black on the rangefinder itself, my success has been limited so to answer your question.... yes it matters.

• Sitka Gear