Shawn 23-Jan-18
Brotsky 23-Jan-18
Lee 23-Jan-18
South Farm 23-Jan-18
MichaelArnette 23-Jan-18
Lee 24-Jan-18
APauls 24-Jan-18
22-Jan-18
I'm curious what everyone thinks is the best late season camo? In the Midwest? I wore vertigo camo this winter and was surprised how a number of deer picked me off. This light colored camo seems to blend in well with the sky and bare trees this time of year but the deer sure didn't seem to think so! I hunt public almost exclusively and the deer late season are hyper alert.

Thanks,

Lee

22-Jan-18
Ive had the exact opposite experience with vertigo, in all conditions(from treestand of course). I am of no help to ya!!! Interested to see what others say

22-Jan-18
I like Predator Fall Gray but it's very hard to fool a highly pressured late season mature doe...

22-Jan-18
ASAT is all I wear and I to hunt heavily public land, great stuff, wear nothing else.

22-Jan-18
Ditto on the ASAT I start in sept. in colorado and finish in feb. in Jersey,It has never cost me.

22-Jan-18
I like mossy oak tree stand but I can see where the predator fall grey would be outstanding.

22-Jan-18
Cabelas outfitter just vanishes once the leaves come down

22-Jan-18
ASAT 3D, NatGear

22-Jan-18

22-Jan-18
A white sheet with eye wholes works great late season . under 10$

22-Jan-18
Thx guys. I really like the looks of the Vertigo but definitely had a couple bad experiences with it. I was 5 Lone Wolf sticks high in both cases in multi-limbed trees AND the first time I'd ever hunted either tree. I was sitting one time and standing the other so no common denominator other than camo. Only other thing I could think is I had my balaclava over my face and it is black. Never had an issue with that before, though.

Lee

22-Jan-18

22-Jan-18
Not going to fool many public land whitetails in January.

22-Jan-18
I prefer ASAT.

22-Jan-18
Predator fall gray has always worked fantastic for me. Never been spotted wearing it.

22-Jan-18

23-Jan-18
Good thread! I too need new late season camo.

I've had great luck with Vertigo during late season and even early when hunting out of cottonwoods that always drop their leaves early. I've been looking for more since mine is getting pretty tattered from too many "fence crossings gone bad".

23-Jan-18
I have a variety of camo. Each area is different and each area changes depending upon the time of year and conditions. If it snows it's always nice to have snow camo. I'd say 90% of hunters wear the same top and bottoms...which doesn't make sense if you are trying to break up the human outline. I usually place a variety of camo out in the vegetation I'll be hunting and use the ones that blend in the best.

23-Jan-18
I like open country or outfitter, work great in my area

23-Jan-18
I agree with the outfitter camo once the leaves are down. Even people have trouble picking it out. Shawn

23-Jan-18
+10 for ASAT, my 2nd vote goes for Kuiu Vias. I have had great luck with both.

23-Jan-18
All, I'll take a look at the patterns mentioned and see what I can come up with. I love hunting the late season but its pretty frustrating to get stared down for no apparent reason.

Thanks,

Lee

23-Jan-18
Predator Fall Grey...and I say that because I've had as many as 30 deer within 40 yards of me while kneeling on the ground wearing Fall Grey. They don't look at you, they look THROUGH you when you wear it.

23-Jan-18

MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
MichaelArnette's embedded Photo
For my late season public land hunts I wear a gillie suit in the tree...best camo I’ve found so far

24-Jan-18
After looking at all of them it is a pretty tough decision! The Predator Fall Grey is pretty similar to the Vertigo although I think the Vertigo appears more dense (more tree than air). Maybe it was just plain bad luck?!! At any rate, I'll mull it around. I shot a few deer the last week of the season so I didn't get busted every time but there were a few tense standoffs! When its 5 degrees out and you get busted its pretty frustrating to say the least.

Thanks for the responses guys,

Lee

24-Jan-18
Predator fall grey is best pattern ever made IMO especially for late season and late season tree stand

• Sitka Gear