Bowboy 08-Feb-18
LONEBULL 08-Feb-18
Mark Watkins 08-Feb-18
midwest 08-Feb-18
INbowdude 08-Feb-18
BULELK1 09-Feb-18
07-Feb-18

Bowboy's Link
WY 2017 Archery Success Rate for sheep was 4%. This is the highest I've ever seen it. It was an exceptional year.

08-Feb-18
I think you are 1 of the 4% Craig!! haha

Dandy Ram ya arrowed man.

Good luck, Robb

08-Feb-18
If I'm looking at that correctly, it is saying 4% of the total harvest was archery (highest on the chart). Meaning 4 out of 100 successful sheep hunters used archery gear. That's not the same thing as a 4% archery success rate (i.e. which implies 4 out of 100 archery sheep hunters were successful). Glad to see more bowhunters are getting tags! Congrats on you ram Bowboy!

08-Feb-18
That 4% means that only 7 out of the 175 rams taken were killed with a bow. (edited numbers) With an 82% success rate overall, it shows how few guys are willing to walk the walk and stick it out to the end with their bow on these once in a lifetime tags.

Would be interesting to see what the true archery success rate was for those who did.

Congrats Bowboy, I think a picture is in order.

08-Feb-18
Haha. We were replying at the same time PAV.

08-Feb-18
Sorry guys, can't post a picture yet. Did an article for Eastmans and they told me not to post any pictures until they run there story. As soon as it comes out I'll post pictures and a story.

I think they got the 4% because I know of four rams that were taken with a bow in 2017. I'm sure there were others who hunted with a bow but didn't make it happen and switched to a rifle.

08-Feb-18
The 4% comes from the data gathered when the sheep are registered with Game and Fish. There were 175 rams registered. 7 of those (4%) were killed with a bow. (edited the numbers)

Look forward to the story.

08-Feb-18
I read it as 175 rams harvested in 2017...so 4% means 7 archery rams? Don’t see 350?

08-Feb-18
You're right Kurt. Same principal but bad math on my part. I doubled everything by adding the total to the resident and non resident harvests. Still want to see that pic though. ;-)

08-Feb-18
I heard a WY G&F game warden killed a new state archery record. Haven't seen the pictures yet.

08-Feb-18
The WGFD warden ram was in Eastmans already.

08-Feb-18
either way...congrats Bowboy!

Mark

08-Feb-18
Congrats, Craig....what issue will it be in?

08-Feb-18
Well I know I was one of the archers that didn't fill his nonres BH tag in Wyoming this past archery season. Had one ram at 90 (too far for me) and then tore my left hamstring pretty bad and had to cut the hunt short. Saw grizzly everyday and rams 3 out of 5 days of hunting. Congrats to all who tagged regardless of hunting weapon.

09-Feb-18
Sorry to read that Inbowdude---BUMMER

Hopefully you have healed up well.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear