Jim D 10-Feb-18
08-Feb-18

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
this was on the back of the photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
this was on the back of the photo
Looking into an old box of photos from years back I found this gem I made a poster of this and sent one to the wild man himself and had the other one posed in my archery shop

08-Feb-18
Paul Brunner was selling posters of a different pose years ago at the Minnesota Deer Classic. I still have mine hanging in the basement, it's a classic!

08-Feb-18
Yes Paul did after he seen mine Paul took this photo he had the M60

08-Feb-18
He made a crossbow out of a perfectly good bow.

08-Feb-18
I've heard stories of Wild Man Too Short using that M60 to keep trespassers at bay.

08-Feb-18
Fantastic pic Dan..

08-Feb-18
Great Memory Dan...4finger

08-Feb-18
And to think that is becoming a more normal look of todays Midwestern hunter during the general archery seasons.

08-Feb-18
Yeah I remember those pictures.

08-Feb-18
Bwahahahahahaaaaaa! Classic!

08-Feb-18
whys he got the cartridge belt over his shoulder? doesn't it shoot arrows?

08-Feb-18
Grubby, only after they get too close for bullets:)

08-Feb-18
LOL!

too good,made my day.......

08-Feb-18
I just watched the video clip the other day with the unexpected fully auto. Golden

08-Feb-18
Ha ha ha. The pic is funny, as is Missouri's comment :) ha ha ha!

08-Feb-18
I guess I should tell you guys/gals the rest of the story. The midget and I had just returned from an antelope hunt. When we got to his home/ranch near Ovando, MT , Paul discovered his new machine gun and paperwork had just arrived. Don't ask me where he got the compound bow but he produced one from the closet. That Rambo movie was the hottest thing going right about then. One thing lead to another and the next thing you know we had the world's first M60 crossbow. This is a .30 caliber not one of those pansy .223s. I had a little $100. 35mm camera in my fanny pack. Brunner took pictures of me. I also had a camcorder with me. Before you knew it we were making a spoof of Sylvester Wensel , actually blasting gallon jugs filled with water. It came out pretty cool although I didn't win any Oscar's for the performance. A week or so later I got the pictures developed from my camera. There were several poses. I sent some to The Dwarf and I assume gave one to Big Dan too. A few more days went by and I got a call from Brunner. He asked me permission if he could get "an enlargement" of the photo. I thought he meant an 8x10 incher. No sweat. Next thing I know he sends me this giant poster. He even gave the photo to an artist and added tattoos to my arms... nice touch! The first thing that blew me away was how good the photo reproduced. You know how when you enlarge a 4" x 6" photo it gets grainy when you blow it up? Well this one didn't. It came out perfect. Next thing I know Brunner had them for sale in his Screaming Eagle catalog. One side note that maybe Big Dan could verify, right after that, I was the guest speaker for the Arizona Bowhunters Association Banquet. Street talk was that Pete Shepley had one of the posters tacked to the BACK of the door in his office so only he could look at it when the door was closed. I never verified that fact. Now a couple more tidbits. Totally coincidental, just last week a friend from back east, who I will not mention his name yet because I don't know his intentions, sent me like thirty (30) of the full size posters to sign and date. I sent them back to him on Monday. So... there's a possibility you may be able to have your very own copy someday soon. And last but not least, on my new DVD "The Crooked Hat Chronicles" that just recently came out (4 hours long) I included the original Ramblin' Rambo Redneck footage in the "Nostalia" chapter of the production. In fact, Big Dan.. if you send me your USPS mailing address and I'll send you a copy of the footage to compliment your above photograph. And now you know the rest of the story. Stay tuned... BW

09-Feb-18
From the pic on the poster, it looks like you could have used Dom DeLuise as a stunt double! ;-)

09-Feb-18
Yeah.. that's when both Dom and I were in our prime.

09-Feb-18
It's good to hear the names Wensel, and Brunner miss those days.

09-Feb-18
Barry - Thank you for making Bowhunting October Whitetails. I saw it for the first time when I was in high school, and it made a kid who was finding archery flip into life long love mode. THAT, was an amazing video and spurred my friends at the time and I to make rolling targets and what not - not to mention getting us to hunt more, and smarter.

THANK YOU! Will

10-Feb-18
LOL! I remember this picture. Too cool! I full size poster would look great in the den.

• Sitka Gear