Kevin @ Wisconsin 11-Feb-18
jims 11-Feb-18
ground hunter 11-Feb-18
t-roy 11-Feb-18
ground hunter 11-Feb-18
midwest 11-Feb-18
wytex 13-Feb-18
10-Feb-18
Where in Wyoming for OTC archery tags for antelope?

10-Feb-18
There are no OTC tags for antelope in Wyo. You have to apply and if you want to hunt the archery season, you have to buy the archery permit for $70 after you have drawn your tag.

10-Feb-18
You can sometimes get leftover tags but where I've hunted they are getting scarce. Look on the website at last years stats. That should give you some direction. Good luck !

10-Feb-18
Gee, I went out to KC in 2011, and bought a tag, otc, somewhere in Wy, before I got there for that area,,,, well better submit an application..... is the archery permit, besides the price of the tag?

10-Feb-18
Yep

10-Feb-18
Tag, archery permit, and habitat stamp I think. Before that, better find a place to ply your trade 'cause it ain't getting any easier..............

10-Feb-18
Seems like a lot of money, just to kill an antelope again, when there are so many, I can see gun hunting, but you would think, for archery, it would be easier,,,, of course this would only be for high population areas,,,,,,,,, I have friends in Cody, but I would just as well hunt the eastern part of the state, easy drive,,,,,,,

oh well,,,,,,,,, I like Wyoming, nice people out there,,,,,, I guided the crew from Cody for muskie fishing, they always enjoy that, when they come back to visit family in Eagle River area

going to have to do some horse trading, real quick,,,, I know one guy, whose father runs a top notch operation in Wy for goat, and he wants a 50 inch plus muskie,,, I told him, I would set him up on the waters of green bay for that, good chance there, in exchange for a spot, at his dads place,,,, ha ha, we will see,,,,,,

10-Feb-18
They used to sell leftovers on a first come, first serve basis so that may have been when you could just buy a leftover tag over the counter after the draw. Starting last year, the leftovers go into a draw as well. Many of the tags in the eastern side are pretty easy to draw and will have leftovers. Good luck...Wyo lopes are a blast!

10-Feb-18
Thanks,,, I have no doubt I will draw, or get a left over tag,,,,,

10-Feb-18
Was hoping to draw last year with my son before he leaves for college. Both have 6pp. Guess we’ll see.

10-Feb-18
midwest, I wasn't aware of that. I didn't apply last year or this year either. Definitely getting harder to draw, even in eastern Wyo.

11-Feb-18
I saw the tag prices went up. Didn't see that the archery permit jumped up that high. Yikes.

11-Feb-18
If you don't happen to draw and want to gain a pref pt it's an additional $31/year for antelope. The pref pt fees are $41/year for deer and elk $51/year. It starts adding up in a hurry...especially if you apply for multiple species.

11-Feb-18
well I got a leg up today,,,, unknown to me, a guy I know, who could not get a bear 2 years ago, and is dying for a bear, told me, his friends have a ranch he hunts in Rawlins Wyoming,,,, he just checked with them..... If I can draw, I can hunt on there ranch, any year I want,,,, in return I am going to give him, 9 years worth of bear points in Wisconsin, so he can hunt.....

We have a primo spot for him to bear hunt, that is a no brainer, and in return I will now have a place to hunt DIY on private land in Wy,,,,, that is a win win....... I can hunt MI if I want almost any year, since I hunt 3rd period, so I lucked out.....

Now I have to draw

11-Feb-18
How does that work in Wisconsin, you “giving him 9 years of bear points”. Are points accrued in Wisconsin transferable somehow?

11-Feb-18
Yes,, I can transfer my points to my friend,,,, he is a disabled Vietnam combat vet..... that way, we can bait for him, and he can get his bear,,, he has never shot a bear, while I have been at it a long time,,,, its a win win

I also have 6 points in MI, so I can use that anytime for myself, I have been saving those, since I want to hunt the Bergland unit

11-Feb-18
That's a great deal, ground hunter!

13-Feb-18
You'll need some PP to draw an antelope tag near Rawlins.

• Sitka Gear