sdbowhunter 13-Feb-18
YZF-88 27-Feb-18
rooster 01-Mar-18
x-man 01-Mar-18
Errorhead 01-Mar-18
Ambush 01-Mar-18
M.Pauls 01-Mar-18
11-Feb-18
I'd like to hear from you on vane color preference. I've been using white for years because I really like to see the color of the blood. However, I've had a hard time finding my arrows. Last year I really whiffed bad on a bull 30 seconds into the season. Spend an hour looking for my arrrow that sailed over him and couldn't find it. White flowers every where. Even though the bull was still bugling but I refused to pursue until I found the arrow and was 100% sure.

I'm primarily mule deer and elk hunting so sage, juniper and vegetation up around timberline with multi colors flowers are prevalent in Aug-Sept. So what's your poison? I just bought a dozen shafts to cut, prep and fletch.

11-Feb-18
I shoot a bright green neon wrap and 2 neon green vanes and one purple. i shoot a green lighted nock as well. I am shooting the blood trailer arrows but I sand the white strip on them cause it is noisy on the draw. Shawn

11-Feb-18
I mostly hunt eastern woodlands. Pink and white works for me.

11-Feb-18
1 fluorescent yellow blazers, 2 white, along with a 5” white wrap.

11-Feb-18
I am no help . All white for me .

11-Feb-18
Hot pink.

11-Feb-18
I usually go blaze orange and bright yellow (with yellow wraps)...to match the late Season Aspens.

That being said, it's pretty thick where I usually go, and finding my arrow can be a real challenge.

11-Feb-18
Chartruse and white on top of white capped shafts during the fall. In winter hot pink and blue over white

11-Feb-18
I used to run 2 flo. chartreuse and 1 white, but recently switched to 3 in hot pink. They seen to stand out the best to me.

11-Feb-18
Blaze orange wraps, vanes and nocks for me. Really stand out in flight for me and easy to find.

11-Feb-18
Flourescent chartruse

11-Feb-18
4 White blazer vanes, white 7" arrow wrap and white nock ( if not using a lighted nock).

11-Feb-18

White Falcon's embedded Photo
White Falcon's embedded Photo
jellow! :)

11-Feb-18
Blue and white for one bow and Flo orange and sunset red for the other!

11-Feb-18
Dang nice white falcon,,,sweet looking arrows..

11-Feb-18

VogieMN's embedded Photo
VogieMN's embedded Photo
I have hot pink and white and also blaze orange/white. They both look great, but I think I prefer the pink.

11-Feb-18
3 whites and white nock. Or 2 whites and flo green , white nock. Hunting whitetail and hogs, in swampland. The all white and white-flo green seem easier to see, for me anyway

11-Feb-18
Flo. orange 4" dip with four flo. orange vanes, or 3 1/2" chartrues dip and three 4" chartrues feathers.

11-Feb-18
Fluo green with a white wrap is best. I usually skip the wrap because I am lazy and much prefer the look without though.

11-Feb-18
For many years, I dipped the last 8" of my arrows in white. Then, used two flo-green and one white fletch. You only want the color to do two things-show blood well and be easy to find. Jim Dougherty made me some that looked like snakes. Almost impossible to find.

11-Feb-18
I just ordered some pink vanes. I do have white ones still but I hesitate to have one different. Sometime rotating the nock is necessary to tune an arrow. If I can find white x-nocks for FMJ 400's maybe I'll do that as well.

11-Feb-18
2 pink, one white. Yellow disappears in aspen leaves on the ground.

11-Feb-18
Whatever color that comes on the Beman ICS hunters. If I'm fetching, I like orange and white with an orange nock.

11-Feb-18
I'm just a lowly whitetail hunter, but two hot pink and one white does it for me.

11-Feb-18

Butcher's embedded Photo
Butcher's embedded Photo
All red or orange for me. Stands out the best

11-Feb-18

Butcher's embedded Photo
Butcher's embedded Photo

11-Feb-18
I won't be much help either I use reflective wraps with all white vanes and lighted nocks. Looking for arrows can be a pain I prefer to limit the arrow hunt as much as possible. When arrows bury up in grass and stuff the nocks are usually what sticks out. The one caution I would make on my set up is it adds weight where you may not want it! It can mess with your FOC and cause stability problems.

11-Feb-18
Flourescent chartrus and white

11-Feb-18
Two hot pink and one white.

11-Feb-18
Two white, one orange. I see the white far better in our leaf litter here in the Midwest.

11-Feb-18

Snag's embedded Photo
Snag's embedded Photo
I can see flo. Chartreuse well I’m almost any light, even low light.

11-Feb-18

Snag's embedded Photo
Snag's embedded Photo
Chartreuse w/ a spliced white cap works too.

11-Feb-18

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Hot pink for me. Sticks out good to my eye. But I’ve been told “Real men don’t use pink “

I also feel that animals see red shades less than they can blue or white.

11-Feb-18
I use 2 fluorescent yellow and 1 white. Blazer vanes. Fluorescent green nock. I can see that nock fly and find it in the thick stuff or grass. It's not a solid color nock and really reflects the light well.

12-Feb-18
Hot Pink and Blue are two colors you rarely if ever see in natural vegetation. Use a white wrap to help blood ID.

12-Feb-18
Blaze orange on a 4" white wrap (blood ID).

nice group Justin....knowing you that was probably at 100 yards:)

Mark

12-Feb-18

LINK's embedded Photo
Mine
LINK's embedded Photo
Mine
LINK's embedded Photo
My daughters
LINK's embedded Photo
My daughters

12-Feb-18
2 Red, 1 White Fusions with a green Ignitor nock. Never have problems finding my arrow.

12-Feb-18
blood red is the best !!

12-Feb-18

12yards's embedded Photo
12yards's embedded Photo
I like orange on yellow wrap.

12-Feb-18
I've always been of the opinion that white was the brightest color so it will stand out the best in the woods. Am I wrong in assuming that all "colors" start with white and have pigment added, which can't help but make it darker? Does that make sense? Of course, hunting in snow or in a field of white flowers changes everything I just said.

12-Feb-18
hot pink.....blue is a close second for me....

12-Feb-18
Actually there have been a few studies done and a light blue is what color the human eye picks up best in flight as well as when laying on the ground. I have made up several dozen arrows for my trad bows and made with a powder blue and you can see them in flight better then white or other colors. Shawn

12-Feb-18
I like white that turns to red the best

View post on imgur.com

12-Feb-18

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
All white... with a touch of red highlights.

13-Feb-18
All white all the time for me.

13-Feb-18
Two white, one flo yellow with white nock.

13-Feb-18

tradmt's embedded Photo
tradmt's embedded Photo
Powder blue or orange work best for me.

13-Feb-18
I like white, white, and white.

13-Feb-18
Best I've seen for "finding" the arrows were:

Florescent blue wrap, hunter orange cock vane, 2 neon yellow vanes and a neon yellow nock (or a light up nock).

The yellow and blue are light enough to ID blood well, but wholly smokes does blue jump out at you in the woods. You can get a super bright red/yellow/orange etc leaf, but neon blue - nope.

That's the best combo I've ever used for sure.

13-Feb-18

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
No mistaking my big fat "logs" at a 3D Shoot ;)

13-Feb-18
I use 2 Flo pink and 1 white. Works best for me. I have a hard time finding yellow and orange in the fall leaves. I seem to have had the hardest time with flo green and I had a hard time with blue. The only other thing that's worked for me besides pink is red/white.

13-Feb-18

sdbowhunter's embedded Photo
Dipped in Saturn yellow and chartreuse feather.

27-Feb-18

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
Thanks for the feedback a couple weeks ago! I finally finished cutting a dozen new arrows and fletching 18 with pink vanes. I also installed white nocks to help diagnose blood type.

01-Mar-18
I run white and fluorescent yellow in any combination. Most often with a white wrap.

01-Mar-18
Looking good Jason.

01-Mar-18
Flourescent chartreuse or Fluorescent green

01-Mar-18
Four white vanes. I can see them and they show blood good. I don’t like wraps.

01-Mar-18

M.Pauls's embedded Photo
M.Pauls's embedded Photo
These have been one of my favs so far. I find the lime green nock especially visible in flight

• Sitka Gear