Lefty 18-Feb-18
INDBowhunter2 18-Feb-18
Knothead 18-Feb-18
AKHUNTER 21-Feb-18
Jaquomo 22-Feb-18
DL 22-Feb-18
14-Feb-18

LINK's embedded Photo
Timing is a little off but still a good reminder.
LINK's embedded Photo
Timing is a little off but still a good reminder.

14-Feb-18
Lol! At least that's one thing this old fart doesn't have to worry about! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul

14-Feb-18
Middle of the Mulie rut... Just fyi.

14-Feb-18
Valentines conception will give you an early November surprise. Best to steer clear of the fall altogether. ;) Momma might not want you hunting elk with her 7 months pregnant either way. Lol

14-Feb-18
I've had a couple friends get into that situation and there was drama. Then there's the child's birthday every single year.....

14-Feb-18
Lou - I can identify with that. Before I became an elk addict we had our first baby girl - on Sept 13th. Now every year I find a spot close to camp where I have cell reception and call her from a mountain top to wish her a happy birthday. It’s a little easier that she’s married and has a family of her own. If she was young and still at home... I don’t want to think about that.

-Mitch

14-Feb-18
My boys don't swim anymore. I can walk in the mud and not leave any tracks.

14-Feb-18
Nick, that was funny!!!! I'm saving that one.

14-Feb-18
That would never happen to me :). Second son due in April. If I have to give up something, it's turkeys

14-Feb-18
Nicely planned Will.

14-Feb-18
My first was born Nov 30...what was I thinking 10 months prior...wait I wasn't. My second was born July 20...I had a clearer head 10 months prior...I mean mind.

My boys don't swim anymore. I can walk in the mud and not leave any tracks.

Me too.

14-Feb-18
Dang, Will now your gonna have trouble getting away for spring bear or down to South America for the red stag rut! To heck with turkeys!

My boy was born the end of May. Has messed me up several times for bear hunting... Now that he is older, we might just have to do a Birthday celebration up in SE Alaska :)

14-Feb-18
My step son’s birthday is Sept 20. He’s 16 now so I just take him huntin every year for his birthday! Worked out ok. Thank God he likes bow hunting. Ha

14-Feb-18
I got lucky with my first being born in April of last year. From here on out, I'll be planning everything around those 3 months in the fall.

14-Feb-18
My marriage and two kids were timed around hunting. About the only part I had a say in.

14-Feb-18
Wrong thread...

14-Feb-18
It’s better to receive than to give in February!

14-Feb-18
Nice! I know this all too well. Both of mine are elk rut babies. I'm thinking maybe new years eve...

14-Feb-18
Swamp Christmas gets you a mid September baby and Valentines gets an early November baby. I have both of those. New Years I’m isually in bed by 9. Lol

14-Feb-18
I have a 15 month old daughter, which equates to a November birthday. The best bad decision of my life. I won't be pulling the goalie until at least July this time around, though!

14-Feb-18
Three kids born in January, July and August, and no more for us. I was thinking ahead....

14-Feb-18
i wasnt so smart i was a avid duck hunter told wife any time before October 3, got married sept. 23, couple years later got into archery elk and I have had to ask for forgiveness many many times on the 23 for missing the dinner date. been married long enough now she knows the routine. kids all born in june and july and august im good there.

14-Feb-18
When some of my hunting buds tell me they're having a kid and it's due in November, I cringe. Same goes for people that plan their weddings in the fall, especially November. My cousin, who I like quite a bit and who is also a hunter, planned his wedding on November 7th last year. He actually text me and said... "you'll be hunting, huh?" My reply... "unless it's raining". :)

14-Feb-18
Further on this now that some family planners chimed in. We got married mid April, both babies conceived when I came home from moose hunting and born early July and I still leave plenty of tracks in the mud......

14-Feb-18
Why didn't you post this 11 years ago? My first born turns 11 on Sept.17. My wife told me she was pregnant days after I got notification that I drew a Wyoming elk tag. I stayed home with her and the baby for 10 days. By then my sore nipples convinced her I couldn't help with the breast feeding so she told me to head for the mountains. Not much of a hunt buy I got a few days in the mountains.

14-Feb-18
Think I'll work late tonight..

14-Feb-18
I have a boy Dec 8th. A girl Dec 4th. Last girl Sept 14th! My boys won’t even make it out of the garage and will stay parked forever.

14-Feb-18
Thankfully things worked out as planned on the first one for a March baby. Perfectly ideal. Only 3-4 months pregnant in the fall, and kid is already 6 months old come fall. It was 100% planned, but I know it doesn't always work out as planned. I'd start with planning, then take a child when I can get one :)

14-Feb-18
Have to do some pre planning!!! My boys were born in February and April.

14-Feb-18
Apauls has it pegged, just because you try for a March baby, doesn't mean you get a March baby...

14-Feb-18

DConcrete's embedded Photo
DConcrete's embedded Photo
This is my little guy. He’s 3. Birthday is September 15.

I can’t wait for all the rut hunts he’ll be doing with me!!

It’ll be the best birthdays for the little hunt addict every year.

14-Feb-18
You can only try to plan when you will have a child, but you can plan when you won't.

14-Feb-18
As said above planning doesn't always work. My daughter was born in late October. Any missed hunts are now being made up for with my new little hunting partner.

14-Feb-18
I forgot my wife's birthday ONCE. Luckily our street address, 925 is the same as our wedding date of Sept 25th. Now I can go elk hunting for the whole season without watching over my back. LOL, Paul

14-Feb-18
Wish we could "LIKE" posts as on Facebook. You guys are too funny. And so many true points. I told my family NO fall weddings. last year NOV 4th wedding! Nobody listens

14-Feb-18
My rut generally coincides with the whitetail... I find myself at peak usually the first week of November. I think the long sits make my neck swell. Either way, summer birthdays have been the norm here.

14-Feb-18
Amazing!!!!

14-Feb-18
Got married at end of May in 1988 and quickly told my new wife, no fall babies. We ended up having 4 children, May 1st, January 31st, July 17th and April 13th. You might say I dodged a bullet.

14-Feb-18
We both decided not to have kids...just that easy

18-Feb-18
Maybe some of you married wrong, or celebrate differently: My wife and two daughters birthday is during hunting season along with our anniversary. Some of our most memorable days in the field were celebrated hunting on birthdays and our anniversary.

18-Feb-18
Ours we're supposed to be mid December, then it became twins, which moved the due date up to about thanksgiving. Still ok I thought. Then her water broke on November 4th. 7 weeks early for 40 weeks and 5 weeks early for twins. Thought I had the best days of the rut missed, then they landed smack dab in the middle of the best week. Oh well, wouldn't trade it for anything. Easier to give up a day or two of whitetail hunting then try to navigate around being out of state and trying not to miss a birthday anyways. They are 4 years old now..

PS.... do you know how hard it is to "fake it" from December until March?

PPS... please don't let my wife see this

18-Feb-18
Lefty, I once asked my wife to spend her Sept. 28th birthday on an AZ unit 10 early rifle bull hunt she drew back in 2003. Once

Never again.............. she throws that back at me every time she gets angry at me. How she gave up her birthday to spend it hunting. Never again

I guess some guys are luckier than others. Congratulations to you.

21-Feb-18
My wife and I went on a 10 day Kodiak Goat hunt for our honeymoon. The weather was so crappy I was afraid to get more than 30’ from the tent in fear of not finding it again in the thick fog. On the flight in we seen a couple of big bears nearby so my wife had nightmares the whole time. She still hangs that over my head.

We ended up getting an early pickup at the first weather window and spent a couple days roaming Kodiak via rent-a-wreck.

22-Feb-18
My first honeymoon was a DIY horse pack elk hunt during the infamous CO October blizzard of '84. We were stuck in a dome tent on the Continental Divide for 8 straight days of snow. Lucky we didn't shoot each other but we were too busy trying to keep us and the horses alive. No children were conceived on that trip..

22-Feb-18
Back in the 70s and 80s my life was all about scuba diving for lobsters that started the first of October. My wife was 8months pregnant oct 1st. On the trip down to Southern California she was having contractions. Once down there to get to my dive spot we had to hike down the face of a cliff for a third of a mile. We made it. 11/7/77 my second son was born. A couple weeks latter we were back down there again. He was born at home, had two born at home. I had plenty of birth training and was prepared to deliver him if need be.

• Sitka Gear