Bou'bound 15-Feb-18
Rut Nut 15-Feb-18
Rut Nut 15-Feb-18
Franklin 15-Feb-18
Rut Nut 16-Feb-18
tobywon 16-Feb-18
Bob H in NH 16-Feb-18
15-Feb-18
I just learned that the LL Bean warranty has been dropped from lifetime to one year. It is too bad. They make good stuff to last. The sad part is too many people abused the warranty. When I wear something out from use I think I have my money's worth. I have a LL Bean duffle bag that I have had around the world over six times in twenty years. When It finally gives up I wouldn't dream of asking for warranty. Some would. What is wrong with people?

15-Feb-18
I mean... even a year return policy is still tremendous. I see people returning boots to REI that are worn down to nothing, only to get another pair and repeat the cycle. At least with REI they do a garage sale on all returned gear. I've gotten some nice camping stuff at a big discount.

15-Feb-18
I remember when we were planning for AK back in 2001reading about guys who would outfit their whole trip with Cabela's and return the gear after.

15-Feb-18
some people get ll bean stuff at good will and then return it to got new !!!

15-Feb-18
Yep- was reading about this the other day on an ice-fishing site. One guy said his sister-in-law used to LOOK for stuff at YARD SALES to take back to Bean and get new stuff. Another guy said he used to work there and the "record" was somebody that returned a pair of 17 year old boots! That kinda stuff is just ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15-Feb-18
The cost is built into the price of everything that goes out the door they are maintaining margins I am sure

15-Feb-18
Maybe not! Hence the change in policy.

How much do you charge when people return a pair of boots every year to get a new pair???!!!

15-Feb-18

Rut Nut's Link
Here is the article with Bean's press release

15-Feb-18
Just saw a article....someone is now suing Bean for stopping the warranty....now you know why American made goods cost twice as much as foreign goods. Stupid customers and lawyers.

16-Feb-18
I wish I could say I was surprised..................................................

16-Feb-18
Unfortunately when you offer a lifetime warranty many are going to take advantage of it and ruin it for the rest. I don't blame them one bit for revising their policy.

16-Feb-18
The law suit will be thrown out, instantly. Bean is changing the warranty from a certain date, in the future, FORWARD, anything bought under the lifetime warranty will be covered for life.

• Sitka Gear