IdyllwildArcher 18-Feb-18
trkyslr 18-Feb-18
HDE 18-Feb-18
trkyslr 18-Feb-18
Bou'bound 18-Feb-18
15-Feb-18

SJJ's Link

15-Feb-18
Who turned off the light is what I want to know. The lit nock was right in there though!

15-Feb-18
Hmmm.............ok, my first thought is: Why at night? My second thought is: What is that glowing thing he claims to hit? My third thought is: Who's not to say that someone sitting close by and pulls an extension cord out of the wall at the exact instant the arrow gets close to the glowing thing, making it appear to have hit it and that is why this is all at night. Yes, I'm always a skeptic when it comes to some of this stuff.

15-Feb-18
Duh, he cheated!!

He used a Mathews.

15-Feb-18
How big was the target?

15-Feb-18
Definately some kind of lighted balloon.

Nothing fake - he hit it...

15-Feb-18
He hit it, but was it 405 yards away? I could not tell, no depth perception for me at night. Arrow did have long air time, cool video either way.

15-Feb-18
Tuned bow and good form on release. None of the zig-zaging, fishtailing lighted nock paths often seen on celebrity hunt shows, in low light conditions. Been noticing that lately as more and more use lighted nocks to "enhance" the shot footage.

15-Feb-18
Anybody can hit it once. I want to see what his groups look like. :)

15-Feb-18
Haha, me too Brotsky! :)

15-Feb-18
I was thinking he might hit 40 # of tannerite next to 20 gallons of jet fuel.

15-Feb-18
Let’s see him do it left handed.......with one eye closed!

15-Feb-18
^^ C.O.L

15-Feb-18
Did he hit it??

Or did someone down range hit it??

15-Feb-18
I believe he did it. Calmer at night. Lighted nock tracking. Yea, how many time did he actually try it before he was successful. Maybe he got lucky on his first try. LOL. Hey when it is not hunting season a guy can get bored.

15-Feb-18
Looked real enough - probably at night for calm winds and so you could see the arrow - no way you could track that in the daylight

15-Feb-18
i laugh when i see these shots and nobody understands how its done. you need an aiming point. like a bifurcation in a large tree. then you shoot and figure out where your arrows are impacting. then you put your target up.......now all you do is show only the successful shot. its a fun way to spend some time.....

15-Feb-18
I have no idea if the shot was real or not. My question is why is he wearing binos at night?

15-Feb-18
The reason for the "night shoot" was he had to use a Star as a aiming point...lol

18-Feb-18
I think it’s bull. At that angle there is no way that arrow would go 405 yards

18-Feb-18
I want to see it in the daylight. With a camera at the target and the shooter with verified distance. Cool video, but I'm calling BS on the distance/and or what actually extinguished the light. The fact that this was done in the dark makes it shady to say the least... (pun intended)

18-Feb-18
I heard about this guy. You should see what he can do at 1000 yards with a crossbow.

18-Feb-18
http://www.calctool.org/CALC/phys/newtonian/projectile

Play with the numbers some. Assume 280ft/s release velocity and 16.5 degree aiming angle... and you should have a projectile airborne for almost 5 seconds. Which all matches up pretty good with the video.

18-Feb-18
If it wasn't at night the arrow or target would not be visible on the video. Arrow is in the air 5-6 seconds. Thats a long time.

18-Feb-18
I set up a clay pigeon at 108 yards,,there was a right to left 10/12 mph cross wind,I I held dead on at clay first shot and had the distance pretty close,however it shocked the heck out of me when the arrow landed about 8 ft left of target,,I had no 100 pin.so after correcting for windage ( holding 8 ft or so to the right) took a few more to dial in but I read centered the clay ..my point..I couldn't believe how much that the arrow was pushed by the wind,,,8 ft is a white tail and a half miss...

18-Feb-18
Savage a would say your centershot is off. I live in NW Ok where a 10 mph wind is a gentle breeze and my arrow at 90-100 yards never drifts more than a foot or so and most of that is probably me. lol

18-Feb-18
If anything,,my wind estimation was weak..perhaps your bow is faster,higher draw weight etc... Who cares ..just thought I'd share....

18-Feb-18
Yeah could be.

18-Feb-18
What did he hit

18-Feb-18
I think he hit a balloon with a flash light behind it. That's why it changes appearance but there's still some light.

18-Feb-18
imo this took several several attempts as you can see he was aiming at something high... this same as stacking pins ... maybe he picked a distant object, a light, a star for all we know to get it right. Either way this was not something he didnt do first attempt as he claims. But still a cool shot even if it took 152 takes.

18-Feb-18
What's really funny is to see the over-analyzing as though it really matters...

18-Feb-18
Hde true lol

18-Feb-18
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh HDE

that is the lifeblood of this site!

• Sitka Gear