BullBuster 23-Feb-18
BullBuster 23-Feb-18
grubby 23-Feb-18
grubby 23-Feb-18
BullBuster 23-Feb-18
Catscratch 23-Feb-18
BullBuster 23-Feb-18
19-Feb-18
Here is my issue. New property 3.5 hours from home. Can't get there every week or close. No cell there. I do have wifi at the cabin. Is there a camera that can send to my wifi then to my cell or email?

21-Feb-18
Look at Buckeye cams as I think they will do what you want. Not cheap. I do not have them

21-Feb-18
This may help!!! https://www.chasingame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41408

21-Feb-18
WiFi does not have a very large range, it would have to be very close to your cabin.

21-Feb-18
yeah, I think you'd be out of luck on WiFi, unless you rigged up some elaborate system of repeaters or something.

do you know anybody in the area that could get out to the cams and check them every 3-4 days? Promise em a roast and a few other cuts if they help you get on some animals. Game cams have already gotten so complicated these days... probably more trouble than it's worth if you have any other way

21-Feb-18
thanks for feedback. Yeah the Buckeye is off the charts expensive. I keep waiting for them to come down in price but not happening. The chasinggame geeks have some interesting stuff. I'll check that out. thanks

21-Feb-18
thanks for feedback. Yeah the Buckeye is off the charts expensive. I keep waiting for them to come down in price but not happening. The chasinggame geeks have some interesting stuff. I'll check that out. thanks

21-Feb-18
Can’t you use the cuddle link cams with WiFi?

21-Feb-18
Cuddelink uses a longer range radio signal than WiFi can supply. No cell signal needed.

23-Feb-18
I called cuddy and they are not WiFi compatible. They said they will have a “home unit” coming that will be, but couldn’t say when that will be out.

23-Feb-18
Oh and Cuddlelink is only camera to camera.

23-Feb-18
Doesn't the Cuddlelink plug into your computer with a USB cable and send pics to your email?

This is my understanding of the system: Camera takes pics and sends them up to 1/2 mile to your home unit via radio, home unit sends them to computer, computer emails them, they are now visible through your phone or work computer. No cell service or wifi needed.

Do I have it right? And doesn't it achieve the same end goal the OP wants?

23-Feb-18
Nope. Camera to camera by Cuddelink. Final camera or home unit to computer by cell signal.

23-Feb-18
I just did a search on their website. They seem to advertise that it only needs to be plugged into a USB port and the pics can be accessed with internet, no cell service needed. What am I missing here?

http://www.cuddeback.com/cuddelink-remote-access/internet

http://www.cuddeback.com/cuddelink-remote-access/pc

23-Feb-18
I called a third time. yes you can connect home unit to computer by usb, but the unit will not download automatically and won't send. the unit just collects all images from the cameras on the property and can then be downloaded to the computer manually by usb. The home unit will not be available until june. thanks for trying. almost what i need.

23-Feb-18
Actually according to website it will do it automatically. the techs obviously don't know JACK. I am assuming you are correct but won't know until they come out in June. Thanks Catscratch.

23-Feb-18
Have you thought about a security camera, not a trail camera? I think there are a lot of options out there that will do what your looking for at a reasonable cost too.

23-Feb-18

grubby's Link
something like this? I am planning on adding cameras to my home as soon as the weather gets nicer, I would like to add a camera in the closest food plot too.

23-Feb-18
20 meter range doesn't really cut it for outback trails and food plots.

23-Feb-18
I don't own a system yet but have done some looking. The cuddlelink is the only system that I've found that has: decent range, is battery operated, doesn't require a cell plan, and doesn't cost a fortune (Buckeye seems to fit except for price). If you guys come up with something that fits those requirements I would love to know!

I'm now leery of cuddlelink. If their techs don't know about advertised specs it leaves doubts...

23-Feb-18
absolutely

• Sitka Gear