buc i 313 20-Feb-18
Dino 20-Feb-18
Timbrhuntr 20-Feb-18
Woods Walker 20-Feb-18
Ace 20-Feb-18
bpettet 20-Feb-18
jjs 20-Feb-18
19-Feb-18
This is my first post here since renewing my registration. I was a regular member many years ago. It's been awhile since I had the bows out. I've got an older Bowtech that's always been reliable and a great Wes Wallace Royal longbow. I decided to pick up a lightly used Mathews No Cam HTR. It will be my first Mathews and my first no cam bow.

I'm looking forward to getting the rust out of my shooting and getting back into the fields this fall for deer and turkey. I'm going for my slam this spring but using the shotgun...next year the bow!

19-Feb-18
Bryan, you will look back on this day as the very best day of your life. ie, getting back into bow hunting. my best, Paul

19-Feb-18
Always good to see reintroduced models. You will enjoy the advances in technology. Welcome back.

19-Feb-18
Thanks. It's good to come back and see Bowsite still going strong. I know it will also feel good to practice again and start shaving fletches and breaking nocks. I've been fortunate to do a good bit of hunting...never quite enough but lots of good memories. My most enjoyable times are when I've challenged myself by giving the odds back in favor to the game I'm chasing and spending more time up close with them.

19-Feb-18
Go gettum buddy! Welcome home.....

19-Feb-18
Welcome back! Curious as to what caused you to give it up for awhile? (If you feel comfortable sharing)

19-Feb-18
That's a fair question. I got busy with starting my own biz, etc. and didn't get to hunt as much as before (including falconry, which is a huge love of mine). Since I didn't have time to practice much for a few years, I didn't feel comfortable bowhunting so the guns got some exercise. Now that my biz is on its feet and doing well, I've got a little more time to play and I prefer hunting with iron sights, archery, etc. versus using modern arms.

Question, I can't figure out where to get topic notifications, PMs, etc? The forums have changed since I was last active. I can't find that info anywhere.

19-Feb-18

19-Feb-18
PM sent.

Click MY BOWSITE on the top of the page to read it.

19-Feb-18
I see the PMs showing up now. Thanks.

How do I get notifications for topics I want to watch or have started?

20-Feb-18
At the top of the home page click on My Bowsite and it not only shows pms but also topics you started

20-Feb-18
Ok thanks. It sounds like there is no email notification setting to let you know more replies have come into your topics. In other words, you have to manually check back to see if there are new replies.

20-Feb-18

Woods Walker's Link
"My most enjoyable times are when I've challenged myself by giving the odds back in favor to the game I'm chasing and spending more time up close with them."

Good for you. You're evolving and are approaching level 5!

20-Feb-18
Have a blast!

20-Feb-18
Welcome Back!

20-Feb-18
Welcome back

20-Feb-18
Good to have you back on board.

20-Feb-18
Good for you. You're evolving and are approaching level 5!

Ha ha that's the level just before the one where they throw the dirt on top if ya !!

20-Feb-18
HEY! Don't remind me! ;-)

20-Feb-18
Don't do it it's a trick! First, they get you hooked with a little taste, then before you know it you're traveling around the country chasing furry critters.

And whatever you do, even if you ignore the previous advice; DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK TO THE COMMUNITY FORUM (ask Woods Walker).

20-Feb-18
Eh, I've been traveling for hunting WAY before there was a Bowsite. Lots more I want to do. Bowhunting has made it much more interesting and challenging than most other methods. It's good to be back.

20-Feb-18
I have a Wes Wallace Royal also and it is a sweet bow that I find in my hand, pure pleasure to shoot and hunt with. Enjoy the hunt time is getting short.

• Sitka Gear