IdyllwildArcher 21-Feb-18
Mike-TN 21-Feb-18
BULELK1 22-Feb-18
elkstabber 22-Feb-18
BULELK1 23-Feb-18
21-Feb-18

BULELK1's Link
'Morning All,

See my link above for all Species points required ect and weapon of choice.

Ressy and Non-Ressy

Good luck, Robb

21-Feb-18
Is there a way on that site to check you personal bonus point numbers?

21-Feb-18

Tilzbow's Link
The new website for applications, points, etc. It appears this replaces the Huntnevada.com website. Fiddle with the format on the points page before you panic. Mine were there, just in a different format than I expected so it took a minute or two to figure it out.

The new points pages in Robb’s link are interesting in how they show the number of applicants by hunt, unit, # of points and by order of choice. Depressing but interesting!

21-Feb-18
Man those are some eye opening tables! I knew odds were bad, but those paint an even grimmer picture!

21-Feb-18
Thanks Robb! This is sobering, but good info.

21-Feb-18
Yes, NDOW switched providers this year, along with making a few other changes.

21-Feb-18
Well, that was certainly easier than CO's new system which took 3 tries and two phone calls to set up.

21-Feb-18
You have to keep in mind that NV gives 5 choices. So yes the odds for any particular hunt look pretty bad but you have your name in the hat on 5 different hunts if you made 5 choices. Theoretically, odds are going to look 5 times worse for draw odds on a particular hunt in NV than a hunt in another state that only allows one choice.

22-Feb-18
I have drawn multiple times for deer and antelope single digit points but I am in the Nevada Double Digit Curse!! on other species! haha

Enjoy

Good luck, Robb

22-Feb-18
This is interesting because all of the previous draw results posted by NV only showed the number of applicants that chose a unit for their first choice. Now it shows all of the choices. As Mike-TN pointed out above most every hunter makes 5 choices. But, all that really matters, statistically speaking, is the probability for the least difficult unit selected.

Now that NV has broken it down by all 5 choices it is truly depressing to see how difficult the odds are for drawing.

23-Feb-18
Curt they have always shown the complete break down by point but never by choices like this so it is helpful in a sense.

I have always been a 1st choice Odds guy over the years and have done quite well in many of my states I apply in.

Yes Mike-TN has always been on top of his game on these draw odds.

Good luck, Robb

• Sitka Gear