JLeMieux 21-Feb-18
Bill Obeid 21-Feb-18
Bowboy 21-Feb-18
t-roy 21-Feb-18
JLeMieux 22-Feb-18
Ron Niziolek 22-Feb-18
Treeline 22-Feb-18
21-Feb-18
I know this is not hunting related and doesn't belong here, but it is the fastest way I know of to get help. My brothers have been working in Oregon and were headed back to La. through Wyoming yesterday pulling a camper. Not sure that's the wisest plan, but that's beside the point. Last night they wrecked apparently totalling the truck and camper and are stranded in Lyman, Wy. I was wondering if any of you were familiar with the area. It seems like Rock Springs is the closest place to find any type of rental vehicles and because the town is so small they're looking at paying an arm and a leg for the rental. Not to mention, the cost of a taxi just to get there. Do any of you have insights on what options are available for them in that area? Thanks.

21-Feb-18
Evanston or Little America and catch a ride with a trucker

21-Feb-18
IMHO it absolutely belongs here. Sorry, I can't help you but I'm sure there are guys who can and that is one the the things the Bowsite has always been about is helping each other. Its a short term thread that will die once the need is gone but I'm glad you posted the opportunity. If your family was on I-70 by me, I'd offered to get them a ride in a heartbeat.

21-Feb-18
Jeremy, Just sent you a PM with a contact info for a friend of mine in Lyman.

21-Feb-18
Ron, way to step up, very cool. I would have helped if I could but no real connections there! Thumbs up man!

ElkNut/Paul

21-Feb-18
Looks like they were able to reserve a Penske truck in Evanston. Ron sent me some information to hopefully get them to Evanston. Thank you sir!

21-Feb-18
Ron , you are always willing to help. I doubt you'll remember but probably 8 years ago you offered to help me when I was gathering info on a unit 5 sheep hunt. My search took me in a direction that didn't require me to ask for your help.... but I never forgot your kind offer.

Some time I hope I can buy you a beer. There just isn't enough good people like you ... but then again there's no shortage of good folk here at Bowsite.

21-Feb-18
Way to go Ron!

21-Feb-18
Kudos to you, Ron!!

22-Feb-18
Not sure what they got worked out, but they are on the road headed SE again. Thanks guys!

22-Feb-18
Glad they are on the road again and thanks for the kudos, but that's just what 99% of bowsiters would do.

22-Feb-18
Just noticed this thread.

Sounds like they were able to get back on the road - hopefully without any more incidents!

I am not too far away in NW Colorado if they need anything and there are a lot of great guys along the front range as they move south.

I know from experience that Ron is always more than willing to help!

• Sitka Gear