Nick Muche 24-Feb-18
Barty1970 26-Feb-18
'Ike' (Phone) 26-Feb-18
Forest bows 27-Feb-18
kurare 27-Feb-18
boothill 27-Feb-18
INbowdude 06-Mar-18
23-Feb-18
Anybody hunt roe deer (bow or gun) in Europe? Where and with whom? GO!

23-Feb-18

Forest bows's embedded Photo
So awesome.
So awesome.

23-Feb-18

23-Feb-18

I booked with Neil Summers.

23-Feb-18
Looks very interesting and fun. Congrats on your success. Old world hunting...I could appreciate that.

23-Feb-18
That’s awesome Forest. What country?I’m in the middle of trying to plan something in Slovenia (gun only). I’ve been talking to Nace with Hunting Slovenia. We are heading over and I’m just trying to tack on a few days of hunting while there. It would be in or around Triglav National Park. Looks like beautiful country.

23-Feb-18

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
I hunted them in Slovenia but after the bucks had shed. Vocal little buggers, someday I'd like to hunt them in the rut.

23-Feb-18
Bucket list for sure...

24-Feb-18
I was in Normandy France

24-Feb-18

Rusty's embedded Photo
Rusty's embedded Photo
Scotland. Was a fun hunt during the rut. I booked through westhighland hunting and Niall Rowantree.

24-Feb-18
Hunting them with a bow was a priority for me.

24-Feb-18
Hunting them for free was a priority for me :)

24-Feb-18
Good job. As a person with German ancestry great to see others using the St. Hubertus tribute with pine and green foliage.

24-Feb-18
Not all of us can get a bunch of free hunts because we're in the military Nick. Thanks for your service.

24-Feb-18
Rusty, we did stag with Niall. Great guy.

You can take your spouse on some of the European hunting trips. Highly recommended. I’d recommend Niall during the roar as a couples’ trip. Very easy hunt. Free-range, unfortunately, archery is illegal in Scotland.

24-Feb-18
I wish I could get a bunch of free hunts because of that but alas that'll never happen. I paid for the other two species I hunted and they let me take a Roe after for free.

26-Feb-18
As well as France, roe deer can be hunted with a bow in Denmark. Other European countries allow bowhunting for roe, including Bulgaria, Finland and Hungary: http://www.europeanbowhunting.org/index.php/nations

26-Feb-18
My son in-law is in Bulgaria now (US Army Blackhawk Pilot)...He’s been seeing quite a few when flying and of course rubbing it in...

27-Feb-18
Would be cool to take one in each!!!

27-Feb-18
Hi Mike, I would suggest France, Spain or Hungary for doing it with a bow. Hungary season opens on april 15.th and in the first couple of weeks bucks are still coming to salt licks and feeding places so ambushing from treestand is succesful option. for rut hunt, the first week of August is usually best. I am from Slovenia where we are not allowed to hunt them with archery equipment only boom sticks. I suggest going end of July and hunting the rut with a bow, can shoot pigs too if in Hungary. Good luck! Janez

27-Feb-18
Oh man...kukare you shouldn't have mentioned pigs in there. I bet he is already booking a plane ticket.

06-Mar-18
Boothill, I met Janez a few years ago. He already had me thinking about hunting in Europe. He has some great stories and adventures.

• Sitka Gear