Bowboy 25-Feb-18
HDE 25-Feb-18
HDE 25-Feb-18
elk yinzer 25-Feb-18
BULELK1 26-Feb-18
Don K 26-Feb-18
Bowboy 26-Feb-18
24-Feb-18
What determines the dates of Utah limited archery elk seasons?

24-Feb-18
They always start on a saturday. And end on friday around the 2 week mark in sept. 14-16 is around the best ending dates u get.. 14th this year i believe.

25-Feb-18
That 3rd Saturday in August is a freaking Oven!! and those afternoon/evening thunderstorms are crazy.

'But'

Ya get a full month to bow hunt........I sarcastically type......

Good luck, Robb

25-Feb-18
^^^ That's because the rifle hunters need the full advantage, because you know, it's ssoooo tough.

25-Feb-18
Yep, UT is not bowhunting friendly when it comes to elk hunting. They start way to early and end right in prime time dates. Lived there for 12yrs due to military service.

I know a lot of the residents go to CO, ID, and WY. They only hunt UT if they draw a LE permit.

25-Feb-18
If it wasn't so cheap to apply and play their game, I wouldn't look twice at Utah.

25-Feb-18
If I didn't live here I wouldn't either.

25-Feb-18
Another crappy part about the dates is the last week, all of the rifle hunters and with their gangs of helpers start to show up. They walk ridges, bugle etc.

25-Feb-18
^^^ they do thay starting Labor Day weekend. Saw it in 2016, bugling from the road while talking in normal voices. They were trying to get a bull to respond and film it/take phone scope pics for the shooter in a few weeks.

Bunch of knuckleheads, likely for an outfitter I won't mention, but has something to do with that GREEN stuff that grows on the BACKside of trees.

25-Feb-18
Hahahahaha... he is quite a character!!! I love chasin bulls in Utah, and you know you're onto a good bull when you find notes on your truck wanting you to stop by said outfitters camp...

25-Feb-18
Had a friend in UT who had a Moss Back guide pull up where he was camped and bowhunting, the guide asked him to leave because there client was coming and this was there spot. This was national forest. They act like they've got special rights to UT wildlife.

They also block roads with orange cones stating road damage. I don't know how this guy stays in the outfitting business. He does a lot of shady stuff.

25-Feb-18
And yet 1/4 of the floor at the expo is designated for them...

25-Feb-18
The favorite treatment doesn't end with UT, experienced it as well in the Valles Caldera, NM in 2014.

25-Feb-18
I feel like I shouldn't comment or my app might get blackballed by SFW. Ahem, I mean UDWR.

26-Feb-18
Too Funny JR !!

It does make a guy wonder sometimes---------->

Good luck, Robb

26-Feb-18
So did you tell the Mossback guys to pound sand?, or did you move on? Just curious what people have done with this in the past

26-Feb-18
My buddy told them to pound sand!

• Sitka Gear