swampokie 28-Feb-18
PeteO 28-Feb-18
Birdman 28-Feb-18
TravisScott 28-Feb-18
Blade 01-Mar-18
OFFHNTN 01-Mar-18
welka 02-Mar-18
27-Feb-18
Hey guys an gals - My buddies and I are looking for a drop camp outfitter recommendation for elk hunting. We are looking for somewhere that we will be able to get tags also. Not looking for anything special but just for the experience of the mountains. Thanks !!!!

27-Feb-18
Check out La Garita Outfitters in Colorado. Great service and a great guy owns it...

27-Feb-18
We had a negative experience trying to finalize a booking with Fawn Gulch Outfitters in Colorado. We booked a spot with them a few years back at a sports show, but they didn’t want a deposit at that time. After several months and contact attempts, by us, later, we bailed on that hunt. They kept giving us the runaround about sending the contracts, etc. Fortunately, we weren’t out any money, but it cost us 2-3 months time. I think they overbooked and wouldn’t fess up to it.

28-Feb-18
x2 on Fawn Gulch. Never returns calls, slow played us just in case I think.

28-Feb-18
The only way I’d do a drop camp, especially in CO, is on private land. Otherwise, you’re better off doing a DIY hunt in my opinion.

28-Feb-18
I saw a lot of fawn gulch hunters in the weminuche last September. I was wondering how they had so many hunters. Guess they were overbooked!

28-Feb-18
We went with Fred Eichler at full draw. We where into elk everyday. Private/public land. Never saw another hunter.

28-Feb-18
I agree with md5252 post , wheres no way i'd pay someone thousands of my hard earn money to put me in a spot where anyone can hunt. That's why most public land with outfitters eventually get over run , hunters go with the outfitter one year and realize they can come back and hunt the same area on there own and bring buddies.

28-Feb-18
It might be worth looking at Mile High Outfitters in Idaho. I’ve never hunted with them but from what I hear Travis runs a great operation. They had a lot of their area burn last year so I’m not sure what that did to the hunting. Good Luck!!

01-Mar-18
I agree with PeteO - Full Draw Outfitters has private property and does a drop camp for around $2,500 per person and has a good reputation.

01-Mar-18
I will disagree with some, I think it is well worth the money to have someone pack a camp and my stuff 5-10 miles into the back country as well as help pack a critter out, public land or not. Even more so if the unit is a draw and takes 5+ years to get the tag. Many respectable drops range in the $1,500-2,000 range which is worth the pack out and meat salvage alone to me. If it's 5-10 miles back in a 5+ year draw area, I don't worry about running into too many other people.

02-Mar-18
See Mule Power

• Sitka Gear