snuffer 05-Mar-18
SJJ 05-Mar-18
JL 05-Mar-18
snuffer 05-Mar-18
Rut Nut 05-Mar-18
snuffer 06-Mar-18
pav 07-Mar-18
03-Mar-18
I don't recall all the specifics, but it seemed that deer was the real deal. What do you guys think. Was the controversey justified or did Zaft get the shaft?

03-Mar-18
What a fantastic buck. Panel scoring ended up knocking it down a ton due to a common base issue but its one of the most impressive whitetails ever. I met Wayne while up there bear hunting. Antlers a great but they sure do bring a lot of controversy to hunting.

03-Mar-18
Troll much?

03-Mar-18

M.Pauls's Link
Bou, it appears you started the exact same thread once upon a time...

03-Mar-18
Bou your hunt with Jay Fuller. What is the story?

03-Mar-18
There has been threads on Rompola for 15 years too but a new one on that topic generated 300 posts in a week so this one may generate new interest as well. If we were not allowed to repeat topics the site would have died a long time ago guys

03-Mar-18
Next up, high fence crossbow hunting with mechanicals, over bait.

03-Mar-18
also would like to hear bou’s hunt with fuller. bou seems to have a lot of time posting on other threads and as usual has his snyd remarks.

03-Mar-18
Turkey season can't start a second too soon, so you guys have something to do!!

03-Mar-18
Use the search function :)

03-Mar-18
What is the crossbow world record for whitetail deer?

03-Mar-18

Kodiak  's embedded Photo
I'll play.

This is also a pretty funny kill pic. Love the tall grass hiding the massive portions the coyotes had already eaten. Comedy gold!!!

03-Mar-18
Misssouri, do you have an app that helps you work “crossbow” into every conversation?!?

03-Mar-18
Hell of a buck! Doesn't matter what he scored, he is magnificent! And why not take a photo that shows off the deer the best he can be shown? I don't want to look at a coyote chewed carcass but I guess some would prefer that?

03-Mar-18
+1 Kurt

03-Mar-18

No good?

03-Mar-18

No good?

03-Mar-18
Somethin bout a mountain lion hunt, and a guide or something....oh wait, wrong mystery. Our bad....

03-Mar-18
But, seriously Bou', you comment on everything and throw fuel on the fire in a lot of topics yet refuse to speak up about your hunt with Jay Fuller....what gives?

03-Mar-18

stick n string's Link

03-Mar-18
To be brutally honest, I probably woulda soiled myself if I got that buck into bow range. Lol no telling where that arrow woulda ended up. Probably in the wrong spot.

03-Mar-18
I had a post here about a thread from another site that semi-related to some of the posts here and it vanished. Why was it deleted?

03-Mar-18
Mebbe cuz it was from AT. Ya cant drive a ford to work to sell chevys???!!!

03-Mar-18
Are AT references not allowed?

03-Mar-18
Tell us about your cat hunt....

03-Mar-18
" Fan boys and quiver sniffers" ...... I'm dying here !

03-Mar-18
The old AT link I had posted about online flaming had the phrase quiver sniffers in it. That was the first time I ever heard of it. Very funny phrase....and accurate too. Quiver lickers is another one.

03-Mar-18
If the Zaft buck is a mystery to you. You should look into OG. That buck is a legend. A lot of quiver sniffers were shedding tears the day Ohiobooners was outed.

03-Mar-18
Michael, thats the thread JL posted and got squashed

03-Mar-18
That AT thread should get unsquashed because it is a great example of group-think getting out of control and why folks should think before they hit "post". Alot can be learned from that one. It should get it's own thread here. Of course that may not be PC or in good form in the internet forums ownership biz?? I am registered there but rarely (<5 or 6??) post there. Judging from the tone of the dialogue, I sense there are alot of young bucks that post there. To each his own I guess.

04-Mar-18
Ive only ever checked AT out 3 times. The first time to check it out, saw how they do things there and decided to not return. But then twice, someone referenced a specific thread over there and i checked it out(once being yours last night). We have a few true knuckleheads here, theres a ton of em over there.

04-Mar-18
"Love the tall grass hiding the massive portions the coyotes had already eaten. Comedy gold!!!"

Coyotes happen nothing to be ashamed about there. As far as those bashing AT, sure it has it's faults. But no forum is perfect. AT use to have a ton of very knowledgeable archers and hunters. But it has went a ways downhill. It still has one of the best free classifieds for archery and hunting gear there is online. It also has one hell of a DIY forum.

04-Mar-18
AT has a great classifies sections. Only reason I go there wish we had a similiar set up here.

04-Mar-18
That kill pic looks like the deer has already been to the taxidermist...

05-Mar-18
That is a great buck no doubt. I think part of the problem was the whole promotion of the buck and wayne before it was scored. You had the whole Man on the Move thing etc. When I was hunting in Edmonton the locals were saying that Wayne was checking out bear baits in a white t shirt and black shorts and spotted the buck and got a shot off. He thought it was a good buck but nothing like what it ended up to be. Once it was found and they realized hoe big it was the story changed and he was wearing camo etc. So which story is true, who knows?

05-Mar-18
Wait...........................................where did "Bou go???!!!! I want to hear about the mtn lion hunt! ;-)

05-Mar-18
RutNut, enjoy the peace and quiet....

05-Mar-18
I think it was the G3 in ?

05-Mar-18
If there was indeed an issue, Grant might be better off going the route of Uncle Ted when he messed up bear hunting in AK. He shot a bear when he already drew small blood on one early but never recovered it. On that particular island any blood is considered a "kill" and the hunt is over. I believe that was a unique reg for that island. He got a ticket. He showed the vid and explained how it happened and where he went wrong. He said the judge who is a hunter in that area didn't know about that blood reg either. Ted used it as a teachable lesson about how it's the hunters responsibility to know the regs and not counting on the outfitter/guide(s) to keep you out of trouble. I thought that was a good thing and he handled it correctly. Anywho....take it FWIW.

05-Mar-18
If anyone else had cut off thier story with no explanation well......

05-Mar-18
Exactly! Everybody makes mistakes. But It says a lot about your character when you MAN UP and OWN them, rather than hide in the bushes and just wait for everybody to go home!(and hope they never come back! ;-)

06-Mar-18

07-Mar-18
There are definitely character issues surfacing on this thread. Maybe better described as character issues being repeated on this thread.

• Sitka Gear