TREESTANDWOLF 04-Mar-18
Charlie Rehor 04-Mar-18
Stormcloud 04-Mar-18
Shawn 04-Mar-18
Don K 04-Mar-18
Arrowone 04-Mar-18
Stormcloud 05-Mar-18
04-Mar-18
Ive got max Iowa points, and no place to hunt..Unfortunately the farm I was slated to hunt on has gotten sold by the owner. Due to a serious illness that has left him paralized . most importantly my heart goes out to he and his entire family . Im looking for input if someone might have a place I could hunt , pay a trespass fee for access whatever.Ive never hunted deer in Iowa its been a dream for a long time. My schedule is never cut and dried so looking for a place I could bow hunt in October, November when my schedule allows..I know its a tall order, just thought I would try. Thank you all.

04-Mar-18
Don’t be afraid to hunt Iowa public.

04-Mar-18
You never know.....maybe the new owner isn't even a hunter. Can't hurt to knock on the door and see if you could hunt there....with or without a trespass fee.

04-Mar-18
What Bill said, take your time, research, research and do some more. There are some very good options out there....just imagine the reward !

Good luck to you !

04-Mar-18
One of the best handles on Bowsite:)

04-Mar-18
Thanks Charlie...and it still holds true..Nothing has changed. Finally got enough points and land owner unfortunately became ill. I spoke to new owner..young fella. The family owns a ton of ground..They hunt and do not allow hunting.. Charlie any good outfitters, maybe I could hold points for another year and try to get with one. I did hear about some great public land southern Iowa.

04-Mar-18
I would not hesitate to hunt public land in Iowa. I have 3 points now but the area I am going to hunt is pretty much 100% draw with 2 points. I would not even consider an outfitter or paying to hunt in Iowa, too much good public ground and I will hunt for 3 weeks for about half the cost of an outfitted hunt for days. Do your homework and yo will do fine on public. Shawn

04-Mar-18
Lots of great public land in Iowa

04-Mar-18
I agree with Shawn. If you have time and do your homework you could have a great hunt on public land and might get access on private. I had an awesome hunt in Iowa last year and I just stuck to the land where I was staying. I had 5-6 other public pieces I really wanted to hunt and never got to it. Narrow your choices down to one or two zones (I’d say 4 or 5) and go from there. Although I have friends who swear by zone 3 public. Good luck. Iowa is awesome.

05-Mar-18
Thank you all for the enthusiastic support..Ill try to do something down that way..If not this year in 2019...God willing..Ive been waiting 4 years for the chance but fell on bad times with my area..A small problem in comparison to my friend.

• Sitka Gear