Mark Watkins 10-Mar-18
BB 12-Mar-18
greenmountain 12-Mar-18
Mt. man 12-Mar-18
05-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
This is the wolf that had been feeding on the bull's carcas when I first saw him.
BB's embedded Photo
This is the wolf that had been feeding on the bull's carcas when I first saw him.
I was up in Wyoming last week and spotted this wolf and if you look up hill and behind him, you can see he didn't make it. But there were many that did, but that did not mean they don't have to be on there hooves! A huge herd ran across the highway right in front of us and I took that second photo shortly after. I also got a few wolf photos too boot!

I wish you all a great bowhunt for elk this year! BB

05-Mar-18
Great photo!

05-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And here's a small number of the elk that ran across the road in front of us. I bet, all in all, there were at least 5 times the number you can see in this photo.

05-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
Sorry never meant to post this one twice. Is there a way I can delete this photo?
BB's embedded Photo
Sorry never meant to post this one twice. Is there a way I can delete this photo?
And here's a small number of the elk that ran across the road in front of us. I bet, all in all, there were at least 5 times the number you can see in this photo.

05-Mar-18
That's a great pic and as much as I hate to say it....a magnificent looking wolf.

05-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
He end up coming right towards me!
BB's embedded Photo
He end up coming right towards me!
And a day later, we spotted a black wolf a mile or so from the elk's remains that I posted in the first photo. We watched him and decided he was heading to where we had seen the other one and so we took our chance and got over there and waited and here's what happened.

05-Mar-18
Wow, the black one is even cooler.

05-Mar-18
Incredible photos!

05-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And one final one, before some people in a truck cut him off and scared him as he approached us.

I know many of you hate wolves, but as a wildlife photographer, they are challenging as heck and so I will go to long ends, to get a few shots of them, doing their thing!

Have a great bowhunt. BB

05-Mar-18
What an awesome photo! Kinda! Lol

05-Mar-18
Awesome photos, Bill! Thank you for sharing!

05-Mar-18
Amazing

05-Mar-18
Just incredible! Thank you for sharing.

05-Mar-18
BB, great pics.

I had a black wolf come and check me out while I was ice fishing on a secluded lake in northern Minnesota. Your pic reminded me of it.

05-Mar-18
I've always enjoyed your pictures.

05-Mar-18
Phenomenal camera work, Bill! That last photo is pure gold!

Best of Luck, Jeff

05-Mar-18
Nothing better than BB's photography, thanks for sharing!!!

05-Mar-18
Wow. Awesome pictures!

05-Mar-18
His eyes glow. Spooky.

05-Mar-18
you still owe him money Bill? =D

Great pics.... awesome. Thanks for sharing.

05-Mar-18
Beautiful shots BB! Thanks for sharing them with us!

05-Mar-18
Always love to see your pictures, Breathtaking!

05-Mar-18
Incredible pics as usual Bill.

05-Mar-18
Love the pics. Wish you could have capped the wolves.

05-Mar-18
Nice photos. I took a big black wolf years ago above the Arctic Circle. They are impressive predators...too good at what they do in some places.

05-Mar-18
Fantastic! Inspirational to see where your bow hunting talents have led you!

05-Mar-18
Bill, I gave up Facebook about a year ago. I can say without hesitation that the only thing I miss is your photos. Fantastic as usual.

05-Mar-18
Great photos! Always top notch!

05-Mar-18
Some of your best photos yet Bill!!! Wolves are so intriguing to me!!!

05-Mar-18
There might be better photos of wolves out there somewhere, but that is the best one I ever saw.. Thanks.

05-Mar-18
Outstanding photos Bill!

05-Mar-18
Great Photo You Old Geezer Bill...4finger

05-Mar-18
Great pics, as usual !

05-Mar-18
Great pictures,black Wolf is stunning.Remember they were here long before we were. And hopefully long after.

05-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Glad to see some of you liked the wolf photos.

I certainly understand how people feel about wolves and coyotes, even though I could never kill a coyote or fox anymore, cause I have a love for dogs, I sure understand that especially wolves need to be managed, once they leave the parks. I am not a fan of killing them all off, but they certainly have to be kept in low numbers, once they get out side the park. Incidentally this was out side the park, not by much, but still outside the park.

But as a photographer, I love seeing and photographing all species and even birds anymore. I get to hunt year round, still get in quite a few miles on my worn out legs and it keeps my spirts hi and the thrill of getting a good photo is much the same as fillings ones tag with a bow. I get to shoot multiple deer, elk, moose, sheep, goats, bear and you name it every single year and I just shoot um and leave um and not packing anything but the camera and tripod, which weighs less than 25 lbs.

Anyway I wish all of you well and will drop by everyone in a while and show you via photos, what I have been doing.

I am not very good with a camera, compared to many photographers, but bowhunting taught me how to be patient and persistent and buys me lots of photos that many of he big boys don't get. So I owe bowhunting a lot.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

05-Mar-18
Great work man! That wolf photo is spooky good. It's the kind of image that a mind will rekindle on a solo back country hunt walking back to camp at night!

06-Mar-18
Your photos are always appreciated. Thanks for posting them.

06-Mar-18
Great pics!

They are amazing animals - as mentioned above - great at what they do.. in some cases, to the detriment of the herds we value so much.

06-Mar-18
Always enjoy your photos, Bill. Thanks!!

06-Mar-18
Looks like that black wolf is offering you a nice frontal. Excellent photography as always!

06-Mar-18
Incredible photos, Bill.

06-Mar-18
BB great pictures how far were you from the wolf ?? and what lense power if you don’t mind again great pictures Lewis

06-Mar-18
I'm guessing you don't have a license? Or not aloud to hunt area/ or now?

06-Mar-18
Very cool photos. The black wolf looks rough and like a wolf. The grey wolf looks groomed, he looks more like my grey husky than a wolf.

06-Mar-18
Nice photos and encounters, sir!

06-Mar-18
'Carlsberg don't do excellent wildlife photographs...and even if they did they wouldn't be as good as BB's!!' Fantastic images; thanks a million for sharing

06-Mar-18
Not good with a camera? If your not good, that makes me a hack for sure. I think I take a good photo & then I see yours & all I have is a snapshot. I can't say I have seen much better than what you do BB. I truly appreciate seeing your photos. Thanks,

06-Mar-18
Incredible photos are usual Bill!

06-Mar-18
Those photo's left a lump in my throat... awesome!!!

06-Mar-18
We are are very fortunate and grateful that you share your talents with us on here, BB. Fantastic pics as usual!

06-Mar-18
Great photos as usual BB!

06-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Lewis, I was with a good buddy and we saw him at a far, far distant. Way to far to photograph. So we just got where we thought he might go and low and behold he did that. Most of those were taken at 50 to 60 yards, but then he headed right for us and would have past by within 10 yards I think, but some guy saw him and raced his truck that way and scared the wolf and it was over.

I was shooting with a 7d mark11 camera and my 200-400 canon lens with the built in extender. So on the first shot I was just under 800mm. But as he got closer, I switched off the extender and was at 400. By that time he was almost filling the frame and so I zoomed out to about 300 and thats when the truck scared him.

Elkmam, no I didn't have a tag, and even if I had that chance with a tag and my bow, I will never again shoot any type of dog. To me theres just something special about dogs. I took quite a few coyotes when I was bowhunting elk, but once I got a dog, it did something to me and now I just watch and photograph them. And I would beg the same with coyotes and foxes. I think they are the very neatest animal on this earth. My present dog now is 13 years old and she has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. She's not doing well and I know she won't be around much longer and my heart will break that happens. And the love and respect I gained for her traversed into all of the canine family. I know that sounds strange from a guy whose passion was bowhunting for so many years. But the camera and dog changed me quite a bit and I now find it hard to give up my camera time to go out with my bow. And I thought for all those years that I would bowhunt till the day I die, or as long as I possibly could. I now feel that way about the camera and my wildlife pursuits!

Howdy Paul, how you doing? What's on your hunting agenda?

Have a great bowhunt. BB

06-Mar-18

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
Since you have expressed your love for dogs, I think you will appreciate this photo of my grey husky and I.

06-Mar-18

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
This is the one I said earlier looks as wolfish as the grey wolf in your photo, IMO. He will be 16 on the 19th of this month.

07-Mar-18
Great photographs as always BB. Thanks for posting.

07-Mar-18
Thanks BB for the info just great pictures we just lost our 12 year old lab gunner it hurts to the core good luck and keep snapping Lewis

07-Mar-18
Impressive as always Bill. Simply phenomenal!

07-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
HI Peco, that looks like a great pup, although I know its an old pup! I can see you care a lot too. Dogs sure move me and have taught me so much about myself, giving etc. Good luck.

And Lewis sorry to hear that. I know I will be facing the same soon and it really bothers me. But I will always remember all the great times we had together and all that she gave me. I will never for get those things. I lost my big dog about 5 years ago and not one day has passed that I haven't had him in my mind. Lexi was here went Oxford left, so she picked up the slack in a way. I won't have one to help me this time!

And here's just a bull elk that came out of a wallow and gave a bugle. I have always loved wallows and I sure like these muddy guys. Not so much to skin and gut when they are that way, (and I have done my share of those) but sure neat to look at and photograph,

Best wishes to all my good friends here at the Bowsite!

Have a great bowhunt. BB

07-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
And here's one more for some of you elk nuts. And I know there's quite a few of here too!

07-Mar-18
"I am not very good with a camera"

I think you're right BB you aren't very good, You are EXCELLENT!! Extremely talented!!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful art!

08-Mar-18
BB- I love your photos as much as I appreciate your POV on the wolves.

Thanks for posting both!!!

09-Mar-18
Great photos. Thanks for sharing!

09-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Here's one more for you.

And if any of you are on facebook, and want to see a ton of wildlife photos, just send me a friends request, but also send a PM telling me your are from the Bowsite and I will accept you. Without the PM I might not know enough to hit the accept button.

Have a great bowhunt. BB

09-Mar-18
Bill, you are the friggin man! Awesome photos as always. Such a talented person.

10-Mar-18
Epic photos as always Bill!!

Thanks for sharing!

Mark

10-Mar-18
Epic photos as always Bill!!

Thanks for sharing!

Mark

12-Mar-18

BB's embedded Photo
BB's embedded Photo
Here's one more that didn't make it. But she didn't go to waste as you can see! Maybe not understand, but see!

Have a great bowhunt. BB

12-Mar-18
Hello: I had to comment on the last picture. I see creatures living because of another creature's death. We as humans tend to forget that nature needs life and death to sustain life and death. Your picture points this out tastefully from my perspective. Than k you.

12-Mar-18
As always BB, Great pics!

• Sitka Gear