sticksender 06-Mar-18
IdyllwildArcher 06-Mar-18
Aubs8 07-Mar-18
tradmt 07-Mar-18
ahunter55 07-Mar-18
Dwitt2n 07-Mar-18
safari 07-Mar-18
05-Mar-18
Have to say goodbye to Jack Hume Adventures now that they have been forced out of the caribou hunt business. After 18 years of hunting with them it will be tough not hunting with them every fall, really going to miss it!! Started out hunting with Jack many years ago and moved on to going with Richard and Amanda. These people are the best in the business and I wish them all the best in there new venture as a fishing outfitter. Had some of the best times of my life up there and a lot of "adventures"!!! Met some of the nicest people in the world up there and consider them to be great friends. Hunted with a lot of awesome people, too many to list, sorry Dave, and will miss them. Had many fantastic guides and cooks that made camp life great. Brian and Cindy, Bob and Jamie, Doug and Curry and Betty, Alfred and Theresa, Lorraine and Steve, Franco, Dee, Wally and Cookie, Roger, Maxine and all the rest. Sorry for those I have forgotten. And to my old hunting partner Gerry, RIP pal. Most of all, thanks to Richard and Amanda for all the memorable trips and for all the favors you did for me. I consider you two to be true friends and wish you all the luck in the future. Hopefully we can have more trips together at Wedge Hills. And to all the people that I hunted with up there, Thanks for the memories. Great times with tons of laughs and sweet memories. I'm going to miss you all and will have fond memories until I reach my expiration date!! See you on the tundra, for the last time. rtkreaper. Rory

05-Mar-18
Maybe I missed this, what happened? Why are they going away?

06-Mar-18
Quebec govt. closed the caribou hunt

06-Mar-18
Great people first, excellent operators second. Made a million memories for people over the years. I have to believe that in the end common sense will prevail and if they wish to reestablish the operation they will have a chance to do so.

06-Mar-18
I saw Richard and Amanda in Harrisburg. They are doing well and working to get their fishing business up and running...they took over Wedge Hills.

I'm not sure if we will ever have another chance to go back and hunt caribou in our lifetimes...Richard said the government included $60 million to tear down all of the camps.

06-Mar-18
Is there anywhere left to hunt QL Caribou?

06-Mar-18
Nick.....Nope! N\A 28 Coming soon to a Grand Slam near you!

06-Mar-18
Sad.

06-Mar-18
The cancellation of the Quebec season is our reason the head to our Alaska this yr for caribou. We were looking to go to hunt with JHA but we waited to long. Just abouther reason to go on hunts, even if things are a little tight with money. Many opportunities are already not what they were even just few years ago.

06-Mar-18
I just put a black line through Quebec-Labrador Caribou just like Jaguar on the list...

Now there are only 4 I likely will never pursue; Tule Elk, Polar Bear, Mountain Caribou, and Woodland Caribou.

06-Mar-18

Dooner's Link

06-Mar-18

Dooner's Link
---- NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED TO WRONG LINK ABOVE. THIS SHOULD BE BETTER----

A really sad thing to see. I suspect that their numbers will return. The Quebec govt. needs to step up and actually create a comprehensive management plan. Follow the link to see what happened.

06-Mar-18
Thank you for the link- I just sent it to my F-I-L who recently hunted them and he did not believe this to be correct. Shocking how the pendulum can swing.

06-Mar-18
Such a shame that some people like myself may never be able to experience a quebec Labrador bou hunt.

06-Mar-18
Glad I was able to go. A lot of caribou will still be hunted by people there, just not by people paying to hunt them.

06-Mar-18
A real shame. The Hume's operation was amazing up there.

06-Mar-18
Caribou numbers fluctuate on a decades-long cycle. The herd will rebound, so there's hope that the season will be opened up again.

07-Mar-18
There are currently 200,000 caribou in Quebec... sport hunting was taking under 1500 animals...The government has budgeted a significant amount of money to remove the camps...I don't think this is a decision based on science.

07-Mar-18
Agree^^^^^^

If they are truly removing the camps I would say this hunting shutdown is mostly political.

07-Mar-18

ahunter55's embedded Photo
ahunter55's embedded Photo
So glad I took my son to Quebec when he was 16.. I made a DVD of our hunt. We had an awesome time.

07-Mar-18
Agree 110% about Jack, Richard and Amanda, all of guides, cooks and everyone else who made JHA the best caribou outfitter in Quebec. I was fortunate to hunt with Jack dating back to 97 and five times after that with Richard and Amanda. Beyond operating the best caribou camps, they are the kind of people you'd want to be your neighbors. If the moratorium stays in place - and it appears that will be the case, Quebec has lost much more than hunters journeying north to spend a week on the tundra. I too have many memories of hunts with great guys and I am thankful our paths crossed. Thanks Jack, Richard and Amanda.

07-Mar-18
Woodland numbers are down in Newfie. I have not looked at it closely but you may be hard pressed to find a woodland hunt on the island. I do know the center of the island is done.

• Sitka Gear