ElkNut1 14-Mar-18
320 bull 15-Mar-18
DonVathome 15-Mar-18
11-Mar-18

fatbass's embedded Photo
Wyoming archery bull on public land.
fatbass's embedded Photo
Wyoming archery bull on public land.
Hey guys. Hope you all drew some great tags. The elk gods blessed me this year with an Arizona, archery bull tag, unit 27. I'm considering packing into the Bear Wallow Wilderness area, would love hearing from anyone who knows anything about this area. God bless you and your families.

12-Mar-18
You will have an awesome hunt! Big bulls and lots of ‘em.

12-Mar-18
Good luck, great tag! Hunt the “drinkers”! Ha!

12-Mar-18
Joe, you lucky s.o.b. Hope you have a tremendous hunt! Ron

12-Mar-18
I drew 27 Late Rifle, I'd love to hear about your hunt and will follow along on this thread for any info anybody has about the unit. I'm going guided but just knowing I have a tag in a unit that can hold some real giants has me excited. Best of luck to you.

12-Mar-18
P.S. I recall packing out that Wyoming bull with you.

12-Mar-18
Ron, you get way too much practice packin' elk!

Joe, you can pack back into wilderness areas, but you won't have to. Unless you can talk Ron into coming down for the pack out:)

12-Mar-18
You guys are great, thanks for the replies and support. I love you Ron, best hunting buddy ever, and treeline is right, you pack out way to many elk. Treeline, if you know some specific areas please feel free to message me. The good lord willing Ron, perhaps we can share camp again next year in Wyoming or Idaho. Give Carol a kiss for me.

12-Mar-18
sheesh, practice... from the looks of it he is an expert. Really looking forward to moving to Wyoming. To stay on point, best of luck to fatbass.

13-Mar-18
The one quote I liked ab out the Bear Wallow is;

"There are bulls in there dying of old age"

Keep in mind the trails going in are all downhill....so you are typically looking at about a 3 mile pack out uphill. Bushwhacking your way out of there won't work....it was dog thick the last time I was in there and that was a few years ago. I can tell you; more than likely, you won't see another hunter in there.

There are a few that try to hunt it from the road above....but barely scratch the surface. The good stuff is down deep in those canyons....good luck.

13-Mar-18
Unreal hunt when I was there. I love to backpack but IMO with this tag use your vehicle to cover more ground. There were tons of mature bulls. Tons.

I slept in my SUV - awesome because all night and during dinner and breakfast I am listening for bugles. Every night I move. A week of this and you know a lot.

I started each day before light drive, stop, call. You would think the elk would figure out this pattern - if they did I never noticed. I only hiked after a bull if he sounded huge. It never took me long to find one!

No mater how great of shape you are in you cannot cover ground like that.

PM me if you want more intel. My hunt was awesome and I did not tag out.

13-Mar-18
Great bull and good luck with an awesome tag!

13-Mar-18
"I slept in my SUV"

thats generous............ calling a hatch back compact rental car a SUV.

I have to say it was a bit of a shock to see how you squeezed in there.

13-Mar-18
HatchBack Bivy©

13-Mar-18
Guy's thank you all very very much. I'm so excited I cannot stop smiling. I hope you all have a great hunt. I'm going to get there on the 10th and hunt all season. Thank you again. Thanks Outdoor Dan, that bull came in screaming, I drilled him at 18 yards.

13-Mar-18
Congrats on the tag....hope you can come back here with lots of pics and a story!

13-Mar-18
Nothing screws up a guy more than some clueless Road Hunter that stops and Bugles with not a pinch of knowledge of some actual hunter is up on the mountain @ 0-Dark-30 and is sitting on the herd till legal shooting light.

So very frustrating-------> add in the pings of leaving the keys in -----and the door open

These can't afford to go scouting type ""Tourist Hunters'''' in the cheapest rental buggy they can get ~~ but in Head to Toe ~~ Siktka pretty boy 'hunting outfit' are so very comical.

No wonder most all of these type don't fill the tag.........

Go Figure

Have a fun and safe hunt fatbass

Good luck, Robb

13-Mar-18
Good plan committing to the whole season if need be. AZ units get pretty quiet towards the end of archery season.

13-Mar-18
Good luck man and God Bless you too.

14-Mar-18
Always look forward to my stalker's reply! Get a life and stay on your meds Robb! Buleelk

14-Mar-18
I have enough points for 27 and might put in for it next year. Good luck on your hunt.

DV..... for a lot of years every time you post something on here o’l BE1 comes back at you, what did you do to get him so upset ?

14-Mar-18
Joseph, super nice bull, I'm drooling bud! Good luck with unit 27!

ElkNut/Paul

15-Mar-18
Good luck on your hunt....... Pretty sure Bulelk1 has been doing that type of thing to Don since the dawn of time. Either there is a good story there or he has issues.

15-Mar-18
Almost 20 years ago we both got into a pissing contest. We were both at fault. I apologized and ignored him for a decade. I apologized again and sent him a book as a gift and tried to bury the hatchet. Robb is not right, from Vietnam I have been told. I have had literally dozens of guys contact me about him. The guys I feel really sorry for actually went and hunted with him.

I have not posted on any threads he has here or on MM in over 15 years. He stalks me relentlessly and many have told me when he gets off his meds it gets worse - a dozen people have said he apologizes the next say saying he was off his meds.

I gave up ignoring him - it didn’t work. He stalks me and followsmy ever move.

It’s really sad.

• Sitka Gear