PECO 20-Mar-18
smarba 20-Mar-18
x-man 20-Mar-18
AH 20-Mar-18
BTM 21-Mar-18
Fuzzy 21-Mar-18
South Farm 21-Mar-18
12-Mar-18
Not plural. Sorry for the rant. One of my many pet peeves.

12-Mar-18
So "Daylight Saving's time" probably wouldn't work for you either? Even though that's grammatically correct if used as a possessive, as in "Daylight Saving's time right now is 3:14 p.m." ?

;-)

12-Mar-18
Potato potato

12-Mar-18
Dei - Lite Say Ving Time?

The scheduled, slightly metaphysical oral presentation by Ving Rhames?

I'm orientated such that I could care less.

Lots of other things that bother me more.

12-Mar-18
Just don't jack up on your, you're and ur. Also, never misspell "grammar" when correcting someone. You guys are two much!

12-Mar-18
Their puppy's for sale, or they're puppies for sale.... But not "puppy's for sale".

That's funny, Rick, because not long ago someone DID misspell "grammer" on here when correcting someone. I laughed about that for the whole day, being a grammar Nazi and all..!

12-Mar-18
What about aorta,as in arota fix that pothole.or antonym,as in my antonym come over fer supper Sunday.lol

12-Mar-18

IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo
IdyllwildArcher's embedded Photo

12-Mar-18
Remind me again, what exactly is grammar?

And not Ike’s definition ;)

—jim

12-Mar-18
I went to grammer skool and I defiantly know my shit!! It’s usually the same consistency as soft serve ice cream!

12-Mar-18

oldgoat's embedded Photo
oldgoat's embedded Photo
The grammar police business is so much better now that auto correct on phones is so prevalent!

12-Mar-18
Somebody needs a nap

12-Mar-18
Jaq is correct...

12-Mar-18
Definitely not Savings or Saving's, it is just plain Saving.

12-Mar-18
If you're going there, bowsite's gonna keep you busy man.

Go threw the front door, welcome to are house, and that's a mute point.

No doubt everyone has their personal favorites....but I enjoy them all.

12-Mar-18
"Daylight Saving" is the correct term for the concept. "Daylight Saving's" is the correct possessive if referring to a specific time related to "Daylight Saving".

If there's one thing I learned in my five years of college as an English minor it was...wait, I think I forgot most of what I learned except that the girls all look prettier at closing time...

Hey, I'm retired, already shot my bow and worked out today, now killing a little time until the walleyes start to bite in about a half hour!

12-Mar-18
How do you like me know

12-Mar-18
^^ I was thinking the EXACT same thing! LOL

—-Jim

12-Mar-18
Effect or affect

12-Mar-18
Depends

12-Mar-18
TBM was an expert at unintentional malapropisms. I do miss that about him!

If we want to cut nuts, the correct term should be "Saving Daylight", but one can never actually do that since the amount of daylight is unchanged no matter what the government or the clock says. So "daylight saving" became a clumsy marketing term that evolved into a brand name, rather than a tangible action with measurable results.

You can thank me later - I'm going fishing.

12-Mar-18
Hope they cooperate Lou. We had fresh whitefish for dinner.

12-Mar-18

PECO's embedded Photo
PECO's embedded Photo
I don't care about DST I hate it, always have. Lou, I went fishing today.

12-Mar-18
Lou... I do recall the "grammer", misspelling. That's the best! :)

12-Mar-18
Just between you and I, irregardless of how you spell grammar ,it sounds the same when you speak it.

12-Mar-18
Orionsbro, it’s “ I couldn’t care less “, not “ I could care less “

Stick, it’s a moot point, not a mute point.

I mean, as long as we are correcting everyone. I finished the ninth grade, and I know about this stuff ! :-)

12-Mar-18
??????????? Palm strikes forehead.

Orionsbro, it’s “ I couldn’t care less “, not “ I could care less “

Yes, sir. That was purposeful. As was "Orientated".

Pretty sure stick was doing likewise with "mute point".

12-Mar-18
and they're Pronghorn not "Antelope"... Mitch's

12-Mar-18
R U guys crazy?

BTW, I am from Wyoming, they are antelope.

In preparing fully binding contracts - I use MDT or MST - M is for Mountain. Haven't had a judge call me on it yet in a court of law so going to just abbreviate and call it good. I always use - dashes - too. Is that a pet peeve too?

12-Mar-18
Awesome, PECO! Nice 'bow! I should've gone trout fishing today instead. Walleyes are just starting here but they didn't start for me tonight.

OB, I got it and laughed out loud when you wrote "orientated". Between you and me..the last Harrison novel I read from the library, True North....Someone was compelled to correct Jim's grammar periodically with margin notations. Except every suggested correction was wrong, even the ones emphasized with exclamation points. That was annoying.

12-Mar-18
Ahhhh yes the month, or months before the opener of Spring Turkey and Bear season...Lol

12-Mar-18
Someone is haveing a Tough day! Or youz halfing a tuff day? TBM

13-Mar-18
I also remember a time when someone’s handle was misspelled. I still laugh when I think of that one!

13-Mar-18
Who cares how it's spelled? DST is stoopid any way you shake it...

13-Mar-18
"Just between you and I, irregardless of how you spell grammar ,it sounds the same when you speak it."

"Irregardless" is a misnomer. A double-negative. The proper term is "regardless" or "irrespective."

13-Mar-18

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo

13-Mar-18
The elk were "quite" today. See this one often.

13-Mar-18
My wife is an English teacher............imagine what I go through...or is it threw?

13-Mar-18
Ah Grasshoppa, I do not wish to perturb you. But as a wildlife biologist, I must disagree with your statement that pronghorn are 'antelope'. And since we all have an extra hour of daylight, we have time to read this: (from Wikipedia - far from a scientific journal but sufficient to copy and paste to get the info. across): 'The pronghorn ( /?pr???h??rn/)[3] (Antilocapra americana) is a species of artiodactyl mammal indigenous to interior western and central North America. Though not an antelope, it is often known colloquially in North America as the American antelope, prong buck, pronghorn antelope, prairie antelope, or simply antelope[4] because it closely resembles the true antelopes of the Old World and fills a similar ecological niche due to parallel evolution.[5]

It is the only surviving member of the family Antilocapridae.[6] During the Pleistocene period, about 12 antilocaprid species existed in North America.[7] Three other genera (Capromeryx,[8][9] Stockoceros[10][11] and Tetrameryx[12]) existed when humans entered North America but are now extinct.

As a member of the superfamily Giraffoidea, the pronghorn's closest living relatives are the giraffes and okapi. The Giraffoidea are in turn members of the infraorder Pecora, making pronghorns more distant relatives of the Cervidae (deer) and Bovidae (cattle, goats, sheep, antelopes, and gazelles), among others.' This is just an FYI for anyone interested, even Wyoming residents. Not meant to be an 'in your face' thing - sorry if it seems that way. TK

13-Mar-18
And now, he 'Eats shoots and leaves' or ' Eats, shoots, and leaves'. Punctuation matters! Or, punctuation matters.

13-Mar-18
So this is how Bou' feels after starting one of these threads....

Thanks for the smiles everyone.

13-Mar-18
Griz, my wife was an English teacher for 37 years. She's retired. I have DEFINITELY got you beat. :^)

13-Mar-18
My pet peeve is the ludicrous use of the word "literally." Just today I saw the following sentence in a story about a comic book legend: "Stan Lee is literally being picked apart by vultures." And the hunting shows are full of the same thing: “My stomach was literally tied in a knot.” “The buck came to us literally on a string.” “My heart literally jumped out of my chest.” “The buck literally walked on top of us.” “The deer literally turned itself inside out as it escaped.” “My head literally exploded when I muffed the shot.” “The bull literally vanished into thin air.” “We were literally sitting ducks.” “Missing that deer literally turned my world upside down.” “We were literally actually right on top of him.” “The deer were literally hammering the soybeans.”

13-Mar-18
BTM, that would be very fun, to actually watch all those things literally happen.

13-Mar-18
Funny thing, this misusage never used to bother me as i was among the ignorant. Now this will most likely haunt me, much like it does when i hear someone saying they're going to Walmarts or Krogers.

Ignorance is bliss.

13-Mar-18
Ah TrapperKayak, if that's your real name, you have now perturbed us keyboard biologists.

These speedy icons (Antilocapra americana) are literally American Antelope-Goats, not Pronghorns.

Gotta love all sciencetists....

13-Mar-18
This is defiantly a grate thread, x-man.

13-Mar-18
Your taking this way to seriously

13-Mar-18
:)

13-Mar-18
Some of my peeves are: "seen" instead of "saw", "don't" instead of "doesn't", "of" instead of "have".

13-Mar-18
Thanks for setting us straight x-men.

;^D

13-Mar-18
I literally donut now what everybody is referreeing two on this thred...

13-Mar-18
So is it the Toronto Maple Leaf, Leafs or Leaves?

13-Mar-18
Sumtimes I loose sleep wandering witch way are write or wrong. Am it saving or savings? Know I now. I finaly sea the lite. It’s grate the things I lurn on this hear sight!

13-Mar-18
This stuff doesn't phase me. I think it's just a faze some of you are going threw.

13-Mar-18
I downt undirstand what u guyz r talkin a bowt?????

13-Mar-18
Danggit Scar, howe mini tymes due ya half ta bee told....its undarstand, KNOT undirstand!

13-Mar-18
Won thyme eye wus huntin an seen too elks fightin, ewe shoulda been their.

13-Mar-18
Seriously though, when I worked at Vail, "Two Elk Lodge" was frequently referred to as "Two Elks Lodge" by most of the Gapers. Now they did not spell it out, so maybe they were saying "Two Elk's Lodge"?

13-Mar-18
What difference at this point does it make!

13-Mar-18
Ok...it is light out an hour longer....the sunrise is also an hour later......no difference in the amount of daylight until the days get longer due to the change in the Earth's axis. Changing the time is senseless. I want to know what time it IS.....not what time it's gonna be!

13-Mar-18

16-Mar-18
Is their really a difernce?

16-Mar-18
Big phucking deal! There. Rant over ;)

18-Mar-18
Living in AZ, with NO DST, is a lot less stressful than I thought, after reading this.

20-Mar-18

BTM's embedded Photo
BTM's embedded Photo
"Another busy night at all the British henge sites as staff work all night to move the stones forward by an hour."

20-Mar-18
BTM ^^^ Now that's funny right there!

20-Mar-18
Good one BTM!

20-Mar-18
For just a second, I thought TBM was back.

20-Mar-18

AH's embedded Photo
AH's embedded Photo

21-Mar-18
No, I'm not TBM with dyslexia. :)

21-Mar-18
AH I stole that meme from you. Thanks!

21-Mar-18
No need to LOOSE your temper over it..

• Sitka Gear