Jaquomo 19-Mar-18
Bowmania 19-Mar-18
TD 19-Mar-18
Jaquomo 19-Mar-18
Ollie 20-Mar-18
Michael Schwister 20-Mar-18
GVS 21-Mar-18
14-Mar-18
I'm going. Haven't missed one since the first one in Ohio in 1986. Should be a good time.

14-Mar-18
I plan to go. Only live 20 miles from the Marriott. Looking forward to it.

14-Mar-18
Leaving to head that direction later today. Should be there for the Thur night social.

14-Mar-18
Although I only live a half hour away I've got a room there Thur - Sat night. Don't want to miss a minute! Looking forward to seeing old friends and making new ones.

14-Mar-18
Are they even still around? Nothing against them just haven't heard PBS mentioned in years.

14-Mar-18
yep, Friday morning until closing.

14-Mar-18
My wife and I are leaving for Madison tomorrow.

14-Mar-18
Wish I could get there Thur. But it will be Fri thru Sun for me.

14-Mar-18
Just changed my plans. Coming Thur. for the Social. Can't wait.

16-Mar-18
Yep, good show today. I am not a member but maybe will join tomorrow. Plan to go back. Was impressed by the vendor area, very impressed with the quality of the items available for display and for sale. The leatherwork for sale (all sort of quivers, arm guards, etc.),...the leatherwork was high quality and attractive,...those fellows have talent! Saw a display of over two dozen Staghorn bows made by Bill Pyle back in the 1970s and 1980s. NFS - display only. Still, very interesting. Many, many, many "Silent Auction" items available. Again, high quality stuff. The PBS members who donated those items had good taste and were generous. I commend the PBS for the quality of the whole convention. Good vendor area. Good speakers. All seemed to be well done and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Certainly worth attending!

19-Mar-18
Ground hunter, I am a PBS regular member and former council member. There are no restrictions on the pull weight of the bow that you hunt with. Whoever told you that was wrong. We voted that out several years ago (and even then it only applied to regular members, not associate members). We only ask that PBS members follow all applicable game laws pertaining to draw weight (if any) and that you use a bow capable of getting the job done. Please consider joining.

19-Mar-18
Excellent Program! Looking forward to next year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19-Mar-18
What does the PBS actually do? Not being a smartass, just curious. Just seemed to be a social/fellowship club for over-70 trad purists, which is totally fine, but I'm curious about any accomplishments and actual contributions to bowhunting?

I haven't bothered to dig into it because I'm only 64.

19-Mar-18
Jaquomo, what other organization could you join and still be referred to as "the kid!" There are a lot of misconceptions out there about the PBS, many of them self-inflected by strongly opinionated individuals who think they are speaking on behalf of the organization. We are primarily a fraternal organization for people that are serious about bowhunting. Our moto is "knowledge through experience." We embrace the challenges of hunting with stick and string and tend to shun many, if not most, of the technological advances that are available to the modern hunter. We are not trad-only. Never have been. That said, around 95% of our members choose to shoot traditional equipment. And for the requirement that members have to shoot 50# bows, that was overwhelmingly voted out by the membership several years ago and only applied to regular members, not the associate members. We occasionally get involved in bowhunting-related issues. Back in the 1970's when there was serious consideration of legalizing the pod (drug-tipped arrows) for bowhunting, PBS organized and led the fight against this proposal. Same with the crossbow. It was PBS that provided the first, national opposition to crossbows in the 1980's and funded a study to refute much of the arguments promoted by the pro-crossbow supporters. We assisted many states in keeping crossbows out of their states. Obviously that fight has since been lost but you would have had crossbows much sooner without PBS being involved. Many of our members are also members of P&Y, Comptons Traditional Bowhunters, RMEF, and other organizations. Come check us out and learn more at http://www.professionalbowhunters.org

19-Mar-18

Steve H.'s embedded Photo
Steve H.'s embedded Photo
I am a past PBS VP and just turned 55. Of my routine PBS hunting partners only current VP Matt "Shoeman" Schuster is older than me at maybe +/-57. My other routine hunting partners range from about 38-54.

Speaking of past VPs, here is a photo of a past PBS VP.

19-Mar-18
Thanks, Ollie. Sounds like a worthwhile organization.

19-Mar-18
Ollie, It that minimum was voted out years ago, it should be taken off their web site. As of an hour ago it was still there.

Bowmania

19-Mar-18
Never mind.... I was going to ask if they let Garrison Keiller back in......

19-Mar-18
TD, I watched a couple great Stones concerts on PBS in the past month. Seems like a worthy outfit if they like the Stones! ;-p

20-Mar-18
Bowmania, it was voted out by the membership. I know because I am the person who formally sent a request to the council and membership to end this archaic rule. Send an email to any officer if you doubt. As for the website, it is 100% volunteer effort and does not get updated as often as it should. Please don't rely on the hearsay and rumors that get circulated by people that are not members. Give us a try and see if you find a group of guys/gals that you would like to be associated with.

20-Mar-18
I have been a member since the early 90s. Why? because where else can you join a group of 1000 people you have never met and find yourself 1000 new very close friends with common interests. Also, for the working man with lots o kids and grandkids, getting together and swapping hunts really opens opportunities to hunt new areas and new species you could not afford to purchase on the open market. Lots of PBS group and swap hunts going on. I can get you up to your ears in public land hogs, while others can get me into great elk hunting that is not a walmart parking lot, while a third buddy has a working farm in an are where Booner bucks are actually a posibility. PBS had lots of infighting in the past, but IMHO those strong personalities have left. PBS offers great friends and great opportunity, I see the trend meter going straight up. My next trip is with some new close friends I helped with hog hunting, they invited me on a striper fishing expedition! Last year one of them landed a 43 pounder!

21-Mar-18
Yes, compounds are welcome. It is not so much the tool, but how the tool is used.

• Sitka Gear