Shug 16-Mar-18
Huntcell 16-Mar-18
Neubauer 17-Mar-18
Kurt 17-Mar-18
Shug 17-Mar-18
CJ Winand 18-Mar-18
Shug 18-Mar-18
14-Mar-18
Was anyone else booked with Frank at Bowhunting Greenland?

Just received an email that the ox season is cancelled for 2018. From the sound of it it may just be his area.

14-Mar-18
Oh no! I hope not.

14-Mar-18
Haven't heard from them, except they confirmed receipt of my second deposit on 2/23.

Who specifically was the email from?

14-Mar-18
Greg I sent a copy of the email via PM...what were your dates of the hunt?

14-Mar-18
That sucks. I feel bad for Frank and those hunters effected by that. i wonder if maybe it’s just the new area where the helicopter hunts were to be conducted starting this year.

15-Mar-18
The Government has been changing some things associated with the hunting outfitters. Keep informed with your outfitter as not all areas and outfitters are effected by these issues.

15-Mar-18
What things specifically have they been changing?

15-Mar-18
I'm booked for 2019 and have not received any notice.

15-Mar-18
Boy I hope not, my Dad, brother and I are scheduled for July of this year with Frank.

15-Mar-18
Same here. Booked for August this year. Plane tickets already bought. Yikes!!

15-Mar-18
Are you other guys booked for the helictopter hunt or the boat hunt?

15-Mar-18
Just heard from BSC that only Northern part of island is closed. Southern hunting area is still open so we should still be good. More details coming later today.

15-Mar-18
Spoke to Frank a little bit ago...and yes as MD said it’s the Helicopter north hunt that’s canceled...

15-Mar-18
I had planned on operating two areas beginning in the 2018 season (Southern Area – my original area & the new Northern Area). I have just found out that Government has decide to not to open my hunts in the Northern Area now until 2019.

Those clients who were slotted for the Southern Area in 2018 will hunt as planned, Those slotted for the Northern Area in 2018 will have the following options:

1) Wait to see if there are excess tags for the Southern area after upcoming census (April/May) 2) Postpone the hunt until 2019. 3) Get a full refund

I will be contacting all my clients to discuss what they would like to do.

15-Mar-18
Other outfitters in the northern area is not effected this year, I am new in the area.

15-Mar-18
Thanks Frank! Looks like we are good to go for July.

15-Mar-18
What evaaaaa Scott... lol Have a great trip

15-Mar-18
Greenland would be such an adventure... Ed F

15-Mar-18
I hate you too Ed as much as Scott

15-Mar-18
Looks like our group is good as well. Had me in panic mode Mark lol.

15-Mar-18
I've been wanting to do that hunt for a while. As far as flights do you connect through Reykjavik?

15-Mar-18
Lee... I’ll add you to the short list of people I hate right now

16-Mar-18
Glad to hear this is just one particular area and only for a short period of time. Frank’s top notch and trustworthy so those affected will be accommodated. Nothing he can do if the government makes changes affecting his area. Glad it sounds like just a temporary thing.

Shug, have you and Frank decided on a Plan B?

One of my Best hunts ever! I think about it all the time. Would do it again in a heartbeat!

16-Mar-18

Eric Vaillancourt's embedded Photo
Eric Vaillancourt's embedded Photo
I connected through Reykjavik. It was a great hunt. I am glad to see that Frank is still doing well.

16-Mar-18
Pat, I’m just having Frank return the money. Maybe next year or another I’ll try it. Now I just have to find something to do with that $$. I’m heading up to Jonah Stewart’s the end of June maybe I’ll use some of it for the trophy fee on a second bear if I get the opportunity...

I wouldn’t hesitate to go to Franks in the future. He was super helpful through the entire process. He even went as far as returning wire transfer fees from the monies I sent.

I understand it’s something he couldn’t control.

16-Mar-18
Do Northern lights Appear that time of year and if so how impressive is the display? Thanks

17-Mar-18
I was there in early October and they were pretty impressive. This was the best hunt I’ve ever gone on.

17-Mar-18
Shug, good luck with Jonah! Should be a fun hunt! Too bad about the Muskox.

17-Mar-18
Ty Kurt

18-Mar-18
Not only is this one of the best hunts on earth, Frank is one of the best guides/friend who you will meet. No matter what the Gov't does, he'll take care of his clients.

18-Mar-18
CJ he’s gone well overboard I sure wish we could make it happen... In fact he put me in touch with a different outfitter who may have an opening for this year.

• Sitka Gear