elkstabber 20-Mar-18
mountainman 20-Mar-18
Missouribreaks 20-Mar-18
eddie c 20-Mar-18
buzz mc 20-Mar-18
eddie c 20-Mar-18
buzz mc 20-Mar-18
15-Mar-18
Just got an email survey from the Tennessee Wildlife Agency asking whether I supported the use of airbows during archery season... and the answer was... NO.

15-Mar-18
I sent in a big negatory too. I hope this doesn't pass as legal during archery.

15-Mar-18
I got my survey from the Tennessee Wildlife Federation, not the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency. TWF is a non profit conservation group. I voted NO also.

15-Mar-18
That was very nice of the TWRA to ask you. Watch out for your lawmakers.

In Virginia we were never asked. Feel free to PM me if this gets any more serious.

15-Mar-18
Get your state bowhunting organization involved. In Virginia the VBA sent out emails to all members with contact information to the legislature. We blasted everyone with emails. Also as stated above, download a copy of their manual, it clearly states it's an AIRGUN and shouldn't be used by children. I suspect Crossman will change the manual wording as soon as it passes their legal team. Never believe your email to your congressman goes uncounted, everyone counts. Good luck.

15-Mar-18
eddie c is correct. The survey came from the Tennessee Wildlife Federation not TWRA.

15-Mar-18
Also P&Y was no help.

15-Mar-18
Somebody get an original copy of the Crossman manual as evidence..........before they all mysteriously disappear

15-Mar-18
Say no all you want but I think the cash from lobbyists will eventually win out, they always seem to. I have shot one of these at cabelas and wasn't impressed at all.the only way you'll stop these is to shame the ones who use it, but that's up to you.

15-Mar-18
I am out of the lope what the hell is a are bow ?

15-Mar-18
It's an air gun that fires an arrow.

15-Mar-18
If I put a cartridge on the end of an arrow would that make it a GunBow or a BowGun?

15-Mar-18
This " Blows" pretty soon every state will let these contraptions in archery season. Glad I am on my way out.

15-Mar-18
But Jim Shockey says its WAY KOOL!

16-Mar-18
Bill Obeid: You are absolutely right. In Virginia we used their Owner's Manual against them, in order to tell the truth. I couldn't find the Owner's Manual on the Crosman Pioneer Airbow website. It was there a month ago. I would guess that they have removed it. I'll send it to you somehow. Check your PMs.

If anybody else wants a copy feel free to send me a PM. I'll always respond but sometimes might take a few days:)

16-Mar-18

elkstabber's embedded Photo
Here is what an airbow is:

16-Mar-18

Here is the next generation. It will be a repeating arrowgun.

16-Mar-18

elkstabber's Link
Here is a bowsite thread from over a year ago.

16-Mar-18
The “repeating” air gun picture above should be all needed to put this away from “archery” season.

16-Mar-18
But...but... what if it helps get more people in the field? We must do it for the young, old, handicapped, and the impatient unwilling to practice with a hand drawn bow. ;)

I’m thinking a muzzle loading arrow gun would be sweet, it would even be primitive. Ha

16-Mar-18
The best way to fight this is to call this what it is, an airGUN. The "airbow" is just a brand of airgun. Crossman is probably one of the largest manufacturers of airguns. They have "Cross" in their brand name so we should probably allow their products in the cross bow season using the same logic as is being used to push the airbow in archery seasons.

16-Mar-18
Brotsky, what is a bow? According to many it’s anything that launches an arrow. I honestly don’t see a significant difference in this and a crossbow. Both launch an arrow from a gun style weapon without the use of a string that’s held in place by the user. The similarities between this and a crossbow are more numerous than their differences. I don’t like either for able bodied people but that’s just how I see it. It should be difficult to suppprt crossbows but draw a line in the sand when it comes to an arrow gun. Both are just that.

16-Mar-18
LINK: that's the problem. Many people are not concerned with the truth.

Merriam Webster's definition of bow: 1. a knot tied with two loops and two loose ends, used especially for tying shoelaces and decorative ribbons. 2. a weapon for shooting arrows, typically made of a curved piece of wood whose ends are joined by a taut string. 3. a long, partially curved rod with horsehair stretched along its length, used for playing the violin and other stringed instruments

17-Mar-18
Just noticed this topic, left a comment on the Arizona proposal. They seem to be trying to push the envelope on every special season in tennessee this year. Tennessee conservation league sent out a survey about it last week is how I found out. A little more and it will just be deer season! with no weapons restrictions.

17-Mar-18
Here is something we need to keep our eyes on. They are proposing a ban on bringing any crevid carcass intact into TN from ANYwhere. Now I have no problem with that, useless as it is. But I hope it is not a smoke screen to make baiting legal. If you are opposed to the spread of CWD then, you must be opposed to feeding and baiting. Also, do not be under the illusion hunter surveys are taken seriously in TN.

17-Mar-18
Yikes. Air guns are not bows. I hope they wouldn’t allow it.

17-Mar-18
Its no surprise. This is the obvious destination when you get on the technology freeway and stomp the gas. Now there is a cliff approaching and everyone is scrambling to find the brakes and pretending there wasn't any way to predict this happening.

18-Mar-18
Did a little survey of my own and it is usually, pretty accurate. If...big if, it is ever proposed, doubt it will have over about 30% support in TN. But that means nothing. Reducing the buck limit from three to two, only had 32%. Over 55% were opposed, rest did not care. Abolishing the antlerless category was done with no asking of hunters. My position is simple. Either draw the line in the sand and say, "No. It stops here." Or simply say, "One season, 100 days long, statewide. Bag limit is X-number bucks, X-number does. Kill them any way you want.

Nothing the state does, at my age and where I hunt, will impact me one bit. As long as it is legal, I'll hunt as I have for the last 50-years. Unless you have private ground, hunting as I, (we) have known it, is toast, anyway. I'm too dang old to worry about what a lobbyist and a political commission is going to do next.

Now. Here is the truth about Tennessee. The airbow will have less impact on bowhunting than the crossbow. In short, very few will even know it is legal. Of course, that is not the point. However, to legalize baiting, a possibility with far greater impact, could possibly impact all of us and few TN hunters even recognize that possibility is looming on the horizon.

The Wildlife Federation's survey has no weight with the TFWC. Two separate bodies. So, the current survey is no more influential than mine. What is influential is when TN sportsmen and women, stand up on their hand legs and simply say, "I'm dang mad and I'm not going to take it any more." My newspaper columns and radio show appearances did get to the TFWC. At least it made the chair person meet with me for lunch...to no avail. But the power is in the people. After all, remember, they are all politicians.

Commission meets in Nashburg this coming week...at a time when most of cannot be there. Now is good time to email or call your representative and voice your opinion.

19-Mar-18
But Jim Shockey says its WAY KOOL! Yeah but he is a complete idiot for proposing it should be included with archery equipment in any manner. He is a gun guy... Gladly tell him to his face, any time , anywhere if we ever cross paths..

19-Mar-18
Had a long and interesting conversation, this morning with a source, I promised not to reveal. There is a lot going on the license buying public has a right to know about and probably never will.

20-Mar-18
Bowriter: I don't understand your last comment. Why not provide some facts? If I want drama I can ask my teenage daughter.

20-Mar-18
Elkstabber- Because it was confidential and super secret. So secret that we can be told that it exists and only he knows about it, but not told the info. I believe he got an award for it.

20-Mar-18
He should get an award, he was the first to write about it.

20-Mar-18
Bowriter's last comment makes sense to me. our wildlife commissioners have a tendency to create their own agendas that aren't necessarily good for the average hunter.

20-Mar-18
I'm also curious about that last comment by Bowriter. Doesn't the commission have to follow the sunshine law? Are you suggesting they are having discussions behind closed doors? Can't you disclose what was said and just not the name of the guy disclosing it?

20-Mar-18
i'm not saying they don't follow the sunshine law. they don't like to follow state biologists' suggestions and it seems any changes are done to benefit a small group of hunters/fishermen and not the whole state.

20-Mar-18
From what I've seen over the past couple years, I completely agree with you. If they are breaking the sunshine law, Bowriter owes it to us as fellow sportsmen to disclose it. Heck, if the info he was shared is that important, he should to disclose it anyhow.

• Sitka Gear